Search results

1. AccipiterQ

Canon lays off at least 60 at Virginia, USA facility

It's not at all. There's likely an early-retirement package of some sort, as well as the 3-month severance pay. Better them than someone in their 30s with 3 young kids or whatever. Older folks are also further up the payscale usually, and you can lay off fewer of them. If they spread it...
  2. AccipiterQ

Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM II mentioned [CR2]

That's me with the 50 1.2, I have pictures I think at 5 minutes old and an 8k video at 8 minutes.
  3. AccipiterQ

Canon Patent Application: Canon RF Macro Lenses

What do folks use the shorter macro lenses for? I have the 100 2.8 for interesting insect photography and honestly wish I had something longer a lot of times...What do you do with a 50mm macro, for instance?
  4. AccipiterQ

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

Not sure the point of the comment you were replying to....This would be the highest MP ever for a 1 Series....If this isn't enough then how was any previous 1-Series....
  5. AccipiterQ

The Canon EOS R1 will come well before the EOS R5 Mark II [CR3]

FINALLY. I've been jonesing: CANON IS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*BREATH*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED
  6. AccipiterQ

Canon EOS R3 Mark II planned for 2025

I see you follow my avia-porcine Flickr account
  7. AccipiterQ

Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS coming on November 2, 2023

With how much high iso noise has improved on bodies like the R5, F9 is definitely usable, especially on sunnier days.
  8. AccipiterQ

SIGMA 200-500mm f/2.8 in the field, JuzaPhoto revisits the SIGZilla

I deadlift just so I can one day hand hold a monster like this, should they ever make it back to production. edit: how heavy would a 600 2.8 be?
  9. AccipiterQ

Canon’s Nanoimprint Arrives (again)

Finally. Now we can get triple card slots.
  10. AccipiterQ

Canon EOS R1 prototypes are in the wild [CR3]

Yeah I'm a little surprised as well...I'm not sure "more than doubling" the R3's resolution is needed, you're stepping on the R5 territory then. Unless the goal is to get people (like me) to upgrade from the R5....I will say that if the resolution is at/over 50 MP then this could be used for...
  11. AccipiterQ

Canon EOS R5 Mark II to up 8K framerate [CR2]

Dumb question by someone that doesn't know much about the underlying engineering: Why can't they offer 4K raw as well? I shoot in 8k raw a decent amount, and 4k60 All-I....but I always wish I could shoot it raw...is there some reason this can't be done as well?
  12. AccipiterQ

Canon releases firmware v1.9.0 for the EOS R5

I believe another posting here a month ago stated there were no more major updates coming.
  13. AccipiterQ

Canon releases firmware v1.9.0 for the EOS R5

......How did I not know that you could attach voice memos to photos......Did older cameras have this feature??
  14. AccipiterQ

DJI officially announces the Mini 4 Pro Drone

One of my favorite use-cases for my drone is chasing my wife around the park with it. I have some fantastic videos of her with an incredulous look on her face before she starts jogging away, looking over her shoulder in terror as my Air 2 swoops low over her.
  15. AccipiterQ

Canon Patent Application: Lightweight Telelphotos

That's fantastic....I've also found that the new AI-driven denoising function in LR works great as well...I'm getting very usable shots at 12800 with just that alone.
  16. AccipiterQ

Canon Patent Application: Lightweight Telelphotos

I agree...currently using the 600iii F4, and for pelagic birding or raptors I would absolutely use 800 f/9. Some spots I go to are mixed habitat, so I could bring the 800 for the spots where I want that huge reach, then when back in the woods pop the 600 back on. I would get this thing day 1.
  17. AccipiterQ

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specification make the rounds

For you camera studs: Does the reduced resolution options result in a loss of IQ, or any difference in noise? I'm not familiar how pixel-binning impacts things...
  18. AccipiterQ

Canon Patent Application: Motion Blur Composite Photos

Running water shots maybe? Maybe then I could finally get an artistic shot of a stream.