Search results

1. S

EOS R3

I placed my order within the first minute of it becoming available for preorder.
  2. S

EOS R3

Just checked my order status at B&H it has just changed from back ordered to in progress.
  3. S

How frequently does your R5 freeze/lock up?

Received mine on the first week of availability. Use with both RF and EF glass new and old batteries and 3 brands of memory cards. Have had no problems.
  4. S

Share R5 delivery experience

I have several Protech batteries that work fine in the R5
  5. S

Review: Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM by TDP

My opinion for what it's worth. Having owned the original 100-400 as well as the 100-400 mk II and a number of versions of 150-600, the RF 100-500 is the best of the bunch. I have only had the 100-500 for a little over a week but to my eye the images are sharper. That along with the extra...
  6. S

Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1 L IS USM Lens in stock at adorama

FYI. the RF 100-500 is in stock at Adorama with free overnight shipping.
  7. S

Weird color banding in my R6 photos (both JPEG and RAW)?

I definitely don’t see any banding in your image. However there may be a very small amount of color noise.
  8. S

Nitty Gritty on the R5

I too am only concerned with stills. And anything I can say about this camera would be an injustice. My hit rate with hummingbirds is probably 75% higher then with my 1DX mkII. If I do my job ISO 6400 doesn’t even require noise reduction. It is a phenomenal piece of kit.
  9. S

I feel your pain my R5 was supposed to be delivered on Friday and did not arrive until Sunday afternoon created a great deal of stress.
  10. S

I ordered within the first 10 minutes of availability and my back order status changed to new order this morning. Called B&h and was told mine will ship on Thursday for delivery on Friday. For those looking for the mount adapters I just shipped several to KEH Camera in Atlanta so you may be able...
  11. S

OMG, what should I do? DPReview scores Eos R just at 79 - ;-)

Well I for one I’m selling both of mine. Will be returning the 35 mm 1.8 that’s coming today and canceling the 28 to 70 order. Oh wait no I won’t what I am doing is unloading my Last 5d mk 4 this week. I find the EOS R to be a very competent and thoroughly enjoyable tool. While it can’t...
  12. S

The Canon EOS R will begin shipping to customers on October 9, 2018, if not sooner

Tamron 150-600 G2 works but focus is rather slow. I thought I had a problem at first then I realized I had attached the adapter to the body before attaching the lens to the adapter. After I removed the lens and adapter then attaching the lens with the adapter already attached it began working...
  13. S

Interview: Understanding the Canon EOS R

Call me the Canon fanboy if you’d like, the only cameras I now own are Canon. However in the past two years I have owned two Sony a7 series cameras as well as rented multiple Nikon platforms for testing. Over the years I’ve shot 35mm, medium format, and large format cameras by many...
  14. S

Preorder: You can now preorder the Canon EOS R system and other new Canon gear

Good luck with your Sony A7R, Over the last few years we’ve had a number of Sony’s in including the A7R and none of them have worked out for us. The ergonomics on all were lacking, Color science was lacking, Menus were terrible, and we found them less than reliable . But if it works...
  15. S

So far so good, the Canon EOS R pleasantly surprised Jared

I went back and watched Jared‘s video at the 2:42 mark he is showing the menus and it does show a file name option so I would assume yes you can. Just to be sure you could email Brian at the digital picture and verify it with him.
  16. S

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

Make no mistake the RF 50 F1.2 and 28-70 F2 are statement pieces reflecting what is to come. If you listen to cannon it's pretty clear this is just an opening salvo. With the EOS R I see the camera will do 80 to 90% of what most still photographers want or at least need. Would I have liked...
  17. S

Review: Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 VC G2

I'm quite impressed with the improvements over the G1, maybe I just have a good copy but AF shows significant improvement. Image quality the long end is much improved as well. Fit and finish is better and I love the new Zoom lock. This is one of the first images before AFMA an extreme crop...
  18. S

Help! 1DX II Cfast issues!

I'm running the latest OS X and mine show dimensions 0x0 as well and will not display in finder or preview. However they open fine in lightroom and ACR.
  19. S

5Ds shipping today

USA still waiting on email confirmation probably won't have that late today
  20. S

5Ds shipping today

Just received a phone call from my dealer my first 5Ds is shipping today for tomorrow AM delivery. Timing couldn't be better since my 5D mk III went belly up over the weekend. Can't complain though since it has over 750,000 clicks.