Search results

1. B

Canon EOS R1 and EOS R5 Mark II marketing and training has begun with preferred retailers

Will Canon release anything this year or they just took this year off work? :) It\'s almost May and not a single announcement yet.
  2. B

Canon’s upcoming announcements recap

I criticise Canon a lot but the R8 is the best entry level full frame camera on the market right now. And the R6II is the best mid-range body.
  3. B

Canon Patent Application: Ultra-wide RF 14-20mm F2.0

When is the next Canon announcement? Don\'t remember another year when we had nothing new until April.
  4. B

Here we go again, the Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L rumored to be announced next month

Strange year. It's almost April and not a single announcement from Canon yet.
  5. B

To be absolute correct, it did change. The 100-500 is only F6.3 at 400mm. I still thing it was a good idea to make it 100-500. But we have lenses like the 15-30, RF-S 50-210, RF-S 10-18, etc.
  6. B

Why is that we have to accept F6.3 and F7.1 RF lenses (compared to F5.6) because of better high ISO performance of modern sensors but 35mm 1.4 is not enough and we want F1.2? This is not a portrait lens, i rather have something more portable.
  7. B

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specifications

Why you need eye control if you shoot mainly landscapes and you don't care much about AF speed ?
  8. B

I don't think eye controlled AF will come to the R5. That would need a much bigger viewfinder and i also think its a premium feature reserved for the top sport bodies like the R3.
  9. B

I believe the global shutter is a more advanced stacked sensor with extra circuitry, not a different technology It has advantages and disadvantages over a simple stacked sensor.
  10. B

The Nikon Z8 and Z9 have no mechanical shutter. There is a special curtain that protects the sensor when the lens is removed. Having no mechanical shutter is great because it's one more moving part removed and cannot break.
  11. B

Canon Executive interview at CP+ 2024

As far as APS-C lenses are concerned: Canon exec: But again, it all depends on what the customers want, what they are asking for. Im pretty sure many asked for constant aperture or higher quality zooms already. Canon exec: But if you look at full-frame lenses, we have an extensive range, and...
  12. B

There are at least 3 more PowerZoom lenses coming [CR3]

Did it ever happen before Canon not to release anything before March?
  13. B

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

I'm just saying that most of my friends and family I know think that cameras are hard to use and smartphones have much better image quality in full auto mode. Canon started now to add some computational features to cameras like the R50.
  14. B

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

Yes, I believe a $4K camera should match the best smartphones in full auto image quality and computational features.
  15. B

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

So no announcement for CP+ at all?
  16. B

Canon has registered a new ILC camera with regulators

I am more interested what new lenses Canon will release this year.
  17. B

Opinion: This patent identifies my ongoing issue with Canon

Equivalent means you get similar image quality in the end. Similar field of view, DOF, noise and DR. Now you can use 400mm F4.5 ISO 100 on micro 43 and 800 F9 on full frame. The two setups will have the same field of view (400mm x 2 vs. 800m), same DOF (4.5 on m43 vs. F9 on full frame) and very...
  18. B

There is a huge difference between 600mm 6.3 and 30mm 6.3. And while 7.1 at 500mm is acceptable for the 100-500, the RF-S 50-210 7.1 is disappointing.
  19. B

Not quite, the RF 100-400 is USM. But that's the only one outside the L range if I'm not mistaken.