Search results

1. B

Any way to store a printer head without it drying out or clogging?

you can buy the head flush solution and flush the head once you take it out of the printer. Use a small container and immerse the head into the flushing solution and use the syringe to pull the fluid into the head. It is important to pull the fluid from the print side or you can damage the head...
  2. B

Staging a shoot on the D/L in a restaurant or bar - tips appreciated

you could also get some background shots they like and PS the main ppl in. This would give you a great background and time to stage the main actors. pierre
  3. B

Ok, so I'm switching to Canon.. Please help!

Welcome to the dark side! All kidding aside, it is refreshing to see a well articulated and reasonable decision why it would make sense to switch to Canon. This is not a knock on Nikon as they make a fine camera, just that there are some subtle differences and reasons why it might make sense to...
  4. B

I've got into a bit of a rut - Help!

yes, I go through it and take long breaks every few years. Then something sparks the interest, new tech, or new subjects and I pick it back up. Have done it 4 times in last 30 years. Still have the original Canon EOS from '88 and can't part with it for sentimental reasons.So, keep your gear...
  5. B

buy a 1DX used now or wait to buy a 5D4 later

One feature nobody is mentioning is the exposure metering at the focusing point. In my case, shooting concerts required the ability to properly expose the image without recomposing. Taking into account the fast movoement and continuously changing lights, 1DX beats the 5D4. . . pierre
  6. B

This eye focus sounds good

Sanj is actually talking about Sony cameras keeping the subject's eye in focus as the camera is being moved around. . . pierre
  7. B

Solar eclipse diamond ring

from TN, slightly out of focus, but at f11 it worked out. 7dmk2 and 100-400mk2. slightly darkened up for dramatic effect. pierre
  8. B

1Dx compared to 1DX MK2 differences for concert photography?

thanx for the input. I am afraid that the 1DX is not going to live up to the mk2, but will really find after it gets here (tomorrow). The lights are LED and I have a little bit of say so in their programing, so hopefully we can keep them bright enough to get this working well. If not, I'll have...
  9. B

1Dx compared to 1DX MK2 differences for concert photography?

I've been lucky to have an opportunity to shoot some concerts at a small local venue. After shooting with the 6D and 7Dmk2 I recently rented the 1DXmk2 for the last gig and was blown away with the performance (AF more than anything else). So much so, that I sold my 6D within next few days and...
  10. B

Canon EOS 7D Mark III Coming First Half of 2018 [CR2]

if the saltwater got in, the corrosion will be gradual and the camera can fail over time. If the even was recent, you should look into getting it cleaned up before it's too late! pierre
  11. B

Concert Shots

The girls are actually still in their teens. They started in the School of Rock school and are doing pretty well. Great stage presence and very good show (punk). They are slightly out of sync, but they are young and will get better. Two guys are in their late 30's or early 40's. Think Primus...
  12. B

Concert Shots

'couple from last week. One with 7DmkII and one with 6D, Both with 24-70mkii. pierre
  13. B

Creative post-processing – before & after

this one needed a lot of clean up and blurring. pierre
  14. B

7D mk2 sensor astro long exposure problem

try jpg and raw to see if it's in both. If it is, then try different processing software. If it shows up in both again, at least you eliminated some other possibilities. pierre
  15. B

3rd Party Lens Regrets?

got stuck with a handful of lenses when going digital back with a 10D. Swore I would never give them any money and am glad I stuck with it. Many are mentioning minor issues with focusing and metering even with the docks and firmware upgrades. 'just not worth it . . . pierre
  16. B

Recovered my love for photography -- want advice!

lotsa good stuff going on, but needs a little bit of refinement. Not sure how familiar you are with the Photoshop and Lightroom, but I would brighten up some of the shadows (just a tiny little bit) and straighten your lines so they are vertical where they should be (sides of the buildings for...
  17. B

Rain Room art exhibit -- lens suggestion?

not sure it's worth complaining as both of those images are GREAT! pierre
  18. B

80d vs. 7D MKII

from what I can see, 7Dmk2 is better when it comes to noise (opposite of what you stated), not by much, but it is visible. That would mean that all the images (at high ISO and low light as we are discussing here) which are correctly exposed and do not need DR adjustment will look better with a...
  19. B

80d vs. 7D MKII

sorry, I should have mentioned that the comparison tool is showing the noise rather than DR ability. As far as looking cleaner, to me the image from the 7Dmk2 seems to be about half a stop, or just slightly more, cleaner than the 80D. Considering that the birding is often in sub optimal light...
  20. B

80d vs. 7D MKII

Interesting! I thought they were so close in size and did not bother to adjust. Once I did that, the difference is much smaller even though 7Dmk2 still holds a very slight edge. pierre EDIT: sorry, I checked it under normal light. Once changed to low light the difference is still significant.