Search results

1. W

Here are the USD prices for the Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6 and lenses

I find it hard to believe Canon would price the R6 above 2000. They must really believe it is far better than the Sony A7iii and Nikon Z6(and their expected replacements)
  2. W

Deal: Canon EOS 6D Mark II w/Canon BG-21 Grip, SD Card and more $1199

Yeah, but who in their right mind would be considering the 6Dii? Budget photographers who don't mind an older sensor with crippled features? Maybe people looking for a backup, but then they probably aren't interested in the extras.A few hundred dollars more gets you a R or 5DS.
  3. W

Two new EOS M cameras rumoured to be coming in 2020 [CR1]

Contracting market, more models than we need, what could go wrong?
  4. W

Patent: Canon RF 70-240mm f/4 IS and RF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS

not making a 400mm f5.6, I'll cry about that :)
  5. W

Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked

Not sure I'd say universally and I'm pretty sure the RP isn't considered great, the 7d II wasn't great either, nor the 5d iv (from some users). Better than the sum of their parts is what you say when trying to find a reason to like something.
  6. W

An RF super telephoto zoom on the way, likely in late 2020 [CR1]

An updated 400mm f5.6 would be even better.
  7. W

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

Canon fanboys will always be able to harp on about how ergonomics and Canon colors are the most important things, sensors hardly seem to matter to Canon users, at least that is what Canon fans have been saying for years.
  8. W

Canon officially announces the RF 85mm f/1.2L USM

With falling sales, increasing prices in a smaller market is the only way to go: that seems to be the intention of Canikon and Sony. Pros will buy this anyway, after that the price may come down to where it should be, around 2200.
  9. W

Canon’s new instant cameras have leaked ahead of launch

This is a huge money earner for Fuji. If this has an effect on their profits, which is likely it's a huge deal. Fuji has been bankrolled by their instant camera sales to some extent.
  10. W

Interview: Canon execs talk EOS RP with Imaging Resource

I'm pretty sure we'd all like to know why they can't make a cutting edge sensor to match Sony/Nikon. That question doesn't get asked though. Or maybe asking how many more years do Canon users have to put up with a sensor that can't match the main competitors. The problem remains that many...
  11. W

UK pricing and ship date for the Canon EOS RP [CR1]

The Canon will also be missing decent video, this is a budget camera with cut down specs to try and tempt people who don't need modern features like IBIS.
  12. W

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

It has the Canon colors and ergonomics, so that's enough to keep the Canon faithful happy. They lived with the 7d ii sensor being poor, with the fact that Sony's sensors always seem to be a step above Canon's, but hey, when you are the market leader(overall) and have great colors you can afford...
  13. W

We’ve returned to the 26.2mp sensor in the EOS RP

So if you don't need performance buy a Canon! Not sure that's going to be a good marketing strategy.
  14. W

Canon to announce at least 6 new RF lenses next week

Looks pretty even Stevens to me with Canon, Nikon and Sony. These lens releases don't make much difference to existing Nikon and Sony professionals. Not many wedding pros want to use a 85mm f1.2 lens, that is one big heavy lens. All this tells me is that Canon are on the right track with lenses...
  15. W

Canon EOS RP to cost $1599? [CR1]

If they cripple it too much, then who buys it? You my as well save your money and get the R. $1400 or less would have been a better choice. $1600 just seems too close in price to the Sony and Nikon, and I'd have to guess this won't come close to those cameras.
  16. W

Canon #1 in Japanese market share for both DSLR and mirrorless in 2018

Imagine what they could do if they had Sony sensors. Oh hold on, everyone should buy Canon because of the lenses and the colors, right? Thankfully we have Sony, Fuji and Nikon as competitors so we have some technical innovation, maybe this is the year Canon surprise us with some great cameras...
  17. W

At least two new EOS M cameras coming in 2019 [CR2]

So the M system is really for people who don't want to move up to the R system, which sounds reasonable. Most M users never will. It almost makes sense, make enthusiasts shell out for the FF, leave the M as a small APS camera.
  18. W

Is there an EOS R series camera with an APS-C sensor coming? [CR1]

I think the R was announced before Canon were ready, in order to compete with Nikon and try and stop any more enthusiasts transferring to Nikon/Sony. As a result, they hadn't decided on their APS-C approach, and more surprisingly, hadn't got the 5D IV equivalent mirrorless. It's going to be a...
  19. W

The Coming EF-M Prime to be 50mm Equivalent for APS-C EOS M [CR2]

The second prime lens in 2 1/2 years for the EF-M mount. It doesn't look like Canon have any intention of creating a set of prime lenses for the M series cameras, at least, not anytime soon.
  20. W

Tony wanted to switch to Nikon but Couldn't

I don't think it matters what system you use. Can you really tell the difference between Nikon and Canon equivalent lenses? most of the time probably not. I use Nikon for senior pics and paid work, Canon for wildlife because of the 400mm f5.6 for which there is no Nikon equivalent and I don't...