Search results

1. C

Canon shows off an ultra-fast AF multi-directional sensor

Nobody official has ever said that, not even kind of.
  2. C

Canon takes 3 out of 5 spots in BCN’s top cameras of 2023

Either I\'m misreading something or that count is off. There\'s only 3 Sony cameras in the top 10. 3 Sony, 3 Canon, 3 Olympus and 1 Nikon.
  3. C

Sony Announces Custom Gridline License Available for Alpha Camera Bodies

There is absolutely no way in hell that I\'d ever pay $150 for something that equates to a setting. It\'s a cost that makes no sense, but I am positive some hardcore fanboys will pay it and act like it\'s 100% worth it
  4. C

Canon Introduces Three New Lenses, Enhancing Still Photography and Video Production for Any Skill Level

It looks just fine, what are you talking about?
  5. C

Opinion: Canon’s mounting woes

Personally, I think Canon is mostly being bullish on their mount until they can flesh out their lens lineup, specifically so nobody can get a 1up on them. Which is part of the reason they\'re doing all kinds of random lenses that are out of the ordinary
  6. C

It’s time to fill those memory cards. Canon releases firmware v1.8.1 for the Canon EOS R5. 400mp stills are now possible

\"Oh no, this totally optional and unnecessary feature/ update is failing to live up to my expectations\" screams everyone who had no expectations it would ever come via an update \"This is absolutely useless to me, and JPG, blech, who even wants to play around with that mess\" Screams the...
  7. C

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II coming in Q2, 2023? [CR2]

Anecdotally, I've been on several shoots/ vacations where either a card was corrupted or lost and being able to pop into almost any local store and find a 32 or 64gb SD card for $20 or less is amazing. I've got so many cards now that I just keep some in my car, camera bag, laptop bag, etc...
  8. C

Patent: Canon presents some interesting fast zoom lens optical formulas

This is what I was thinking. Lenses aimed more for cinema than photos
  9. C

More Cinema EOS news, this time the successor to the Canon Cinema EOS C700FF

Depending on how the future plays out in terms of Crypto mining, the chip shortage should be coming to an end or at least easing up. A huge part of it was driven by crypto mining/ miners buying up thousands of systems/ mining rigs putting huge drags on the PC space and the fabs to make all of...
  10. C

Here is what Canon is announcing next, including the EOS R7, EOS R10 and RF-S lenses [CR3]

I was really hoping they'd skip "RF-S" lenses and just make regular, low cost FF lenses. maybe give them a different scale to represent the perceived focal distance as well as the EF distance.
  11. C

Canon registers new Cinema EOS camera in Indonesia

Have you ever seen Canon's actual product range? Like for real? They're huge in the medical industry and they are one of the largest suppliers of semiconducter manufacturing equipment like photo lithography machines for producing CPUs and such. I'm pretty sure they produce the equipment other...
  12. C

Canon announces the RF 800mm F5.6L IS USM and the RF 1200mm F8L IS USM

Considering the cost of the EF 1200mm lens, this is a bargain!
  13. C

R5C’s Hybrid Interfaces a Feature, Not a Hack

As a former event shooter, I find this idea somewhat laughable. Taking photos while shooting video in most instances results in a pause in the video, and that's a big no for me. Hire a photographer to take photographs while you take videos. If you can't do that, than this camera isn't for you...
  14. C

Canon RF 5.2mm F2.8L Dual Fisheye Review

This is about as consumer of a lens as any other "L" lens out there. Unless you're talking about a super cheap kit lens like version.
  15. C

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R5 C

This comments section reads like people expecting the perfect camera in every situation. What canon gave us, as with the the previous versions of this camera, was a cinema camera that can do stills. The only difference is the base body is one that formerly had IBIS. This isn't a major decision...
  16. C

Canon exec confirms that the EOS-1D X Mark III is Canon’s last DSLR

I don't think this is going to affect a single person who complains about this at any point in time. However, I'd rather they focus on the better tech than split their focus on old tech trying to make it compete with new tech. Especially since the autofocus systems now out compete the old ones.
  17. C

Vehicle AF and more coming to the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 in December firmware update

Your comment reads as though it's someone's idea of a joke, it's hard to tell. Spot metering is great for various instances. There's a reason it's survived all of these years. And even more so, I've found a lot of use for it in video work. Especially when recording scenes with an intense light...
  18. C

Exclusive! DPReview confirms what has already been confirmed. The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp

For the holdouts and non-believers "Um, they're only reporting that because Canon has restricted them to only shooting in mRAW!"