Search results

1. sootzzs

Fast prime for Croped body advice (24-35mm)

Hi all, All this talking about Sigma's new 24-35 F2 "zoom" reminded me how much I need a faster lens for low light situations. I have a 60D (but plan to move to full frame in a year or two) and my fastest lens is 50 1.8 II, which as you can imagine is too short for many situations ( moreover...
  2. sootzzs

Fast editing of RAWs to "camera like" Jpegs

Hi all, Not trying to start another RAW vs Jpeg debate here. We all know the advantages shooting RAW has over Jpeg. However, as an amateur shooting solely for my and others pleasure I'm having more and more photos mostly stuck imported to my Lightroom and never getting out of it as I don't...
  3. sootzzs

cheap lowlight 30-35mm for APS-C

Hi friends, I've become a father few weeks ago and looking for a new lens for my 60D to shoot my baby boy. I have a Canon 501.8II but feel it is to tight on my crop and the AF is too slow (babies seem to move a lot :) ). So...my budget is no more than 500$ and I was pondering what is a better...
  4. sootzzs

Vintage primes set for different photography styles

Hi all, In another post here someone asked about getting set of good, cheap old primes. This gave me an idea: I'm not a pro and can't afford lots of even non-L specialized lens, but I'd like to learn about different styles of photography (Macro, portraits, wildlife, low light and flash...
  5. sootzzs

Shooting low light event with 50 1.8II or 15-85

Hi. I am a bit baffled here. I own 60D with 50 1.8II and recently purchased EF-S 15-85. Also just got the Yongnuo 468II flash (no experience with it yet). Shooting at low light (tungsten, no flash) I've noticed that to get reasonable IQ I had to stop the 50mm to F/2 or even 2.8; While my 15-85...
  6. sootzzs

Advice before buying used 15-85 EF-S

Hi! I'm new to DSLR (about 4 months), using 60D, 18-55IS, 50 1.8, 55-250IS. When I bought the camera paying 700-800$ for lens seemed crazy for me (yep, I was young and innocent :) ) so I preferred to start with the much cheaper 18-55 and "upgrade in the future". Well, the future arrived...
  7. sootzzs

Benro A-550 EX BH-1 tripod recomendation

Hi! I'm thinking to buy Benro A-550 EX BH-1 as my first tripod from this seller in China (not sure how trusty it is, so would be gkad to hear from somebody who had had business with...
  8. sootzzs

Advice on newbie lens and body for trekking and general photography

I would like to ask the owners of 60d: do you really think it is worth to spend extra $$ (in my case it will be extra 375$) on 60d compared to 600d? I know that most people will say "invest in glass instead". But 375$ is not that much to invest in glass (I don't have more right now) and also I...