Search results

1. P

Canon not going global shutter with next round of EOS R camera bodies

For many years now Sony have made better sensors, and perhaps they always will. They are the largest camera sensor manufacturer in the world and have more $ to invest in research and factories. In terms of sensor research & production they are kind of to Canon, what for decades Canon was to...
  2. P

Canon’s next RF mount camera is in the field

Nice rumor timing. So, who thinks Canon will go all out to compete with the just released $2100 Sony??? Of course, if going all out they'd need to: 1) give us a sensor with similar DR & low light noise to the ZVE1/FX3/FX6 sensor, which would be Canon's C300III/C70 sensor. (The other current...
  3. P

Canon lays out their corporate strategy

Hi David, Great points. We've had camera main board problems in several Canon bodies over the years, along with a shutter breakage at around 2 years. I wore out the AF motor gears in my 135 f2.0 twice, back in the day. There are lots of things that can go wrong. If Oz's consumer laws were...
  4. P

Actually, unless something has changed in recent years, Canon is a photo copier and printer company (some years their copier/printer division made a 60% profit margin), that also makes cameras, while Nikon is the Camera company. This is however, part of the problem. Nikon didn't have the $$...
  5. P

Interesting. Sony's global vision blab is all about creating and enabling entertainment, video content, and experiences for people, so this division fits their stated big vision, while I'd also noticed their actual imaging financials are merged. In their favor they have a giant sensor R&D...
  6. P

Guy's, its fairly obvious why this forum is dominated by hobbyists. Some pros post here, but sadly, it seems a very low percentage. If you shoot birds rather than catch fish, power to you. What a great and fun way to relax. If you shoot landscapes, or your kids & friends, that's completely...
  7. P

Didn't Canon's imaging division make around US$1B profit in 2000-2021? The fin reports are on their website. "Our future growth strategy is to create new businesses while maintaining high profitability in existing ones." Honestly, I wouldn't be complaining if Canon had a comparable camera to...
  8. P

Serious? I'm in Australia. R24-70 =A$4000 vs Sony 24-70vII A$2700 (just as sharp, lighter, lightning AF, less flare) R135 =A$4000 vs Sony A$2500 (which lacks IS but is sharper) The list goes on...
  9. P

The only interesting part was Canon's admission that people want video. Apparently their answer to this is the 5C (which Netflix struck off, supposedly due to it's horrible noise, rather than it's low DR, sucky timecode, etc), and a R7C... Really? An R7C is the answer? Yes there will be a...
  10. P

To me, the clearest part of the PR was: PROFIT. We want to maintain the super profit margins we've created with R series products, and hunt for other just as profitable opportunities if we can find them. Why won't they allow AF 3rd party lenses- profit. You wouldn't be forced to buy their...
  11. P

Firmware: Canon EOS R3 v1.2.1 has been released

Canon, please give us the ability to set the burst depth in H+ mode for the R5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was a feature old 1 series cameras had, but strange vanished from more recent menu options, on every Canon camera. Being able to set/limit the burst depth is incredibly useful for a lot of...
  12. P

Confirmed, a Canon EOS R5c is going to be announced this year [CR3]

@Phippipss88, you are describing a video camera, not a hybrid. There would be huge demand for the 5D as is (minus record limit), without overheating, IF it wasn't priced crazily. Remember the original 1DC? It was DOUBLE the cost of the 1D and the only hardware difference was an internal...
  13. P

Updated: Scammed: The X-Tra battery campaign on Kickstarter

Agree 1000% But it was great Mr CR has now told the full story, making him a leader. So far Mr CN is still quiet, but he promoted it with an affiliate link too. Where is his apology for his financially incentivized recommendation people invest in a product he hadn't looked very hard at...
  14. P

Updated: Scammed: The X-Tra battery campaign on Kickstarter

We all make mistatkes, but please notice that numerous people (like me) said in the thread of your original post that THIS WAS A SCAM. That the 'product' they were offering wasn't legitimate, and that this was really obvious (and when on to detail why). My post started with: " SCAM SCAM SCAM...
  15. P

Here are different ways to cool the Canon EOS R5, watercooling and more

So who's going to manufacture and sell these heat sinks? Someone could make a nice cash splash.
  16. P

Kickstarter: This Revolutionary Camera Battery will Lighten Your Bag and Change the Way You Shoot

SCAM SCAM SCAM, and I can't believe both CR & CN have fallen for it. * First of all, the extra bulk is for a circuit board to control charging, not for any extra battery cell area. The 3700 mAh is going to turn out to be totally fake. * Second, cells are standard sizes (like 18650 for...
  17. P

More information about the upcoming RF mount Cinema EOS series of cameras [CR2]

This isn't even interesting without Raw. Raw to an external recorder would have been worth looking at. But for an RF version of the C200 (with a C200 style price tag), to not have Raw rules out a decent percentage of the potential audience.
  18. P

Samyang introduces the MF 14mm F2.8 MK2 and MF 85mm f/1.4 MK2

My Samyang 14mm Mk1 is just terrible optically. It's true there are times when the issues don't show or matter, but then there are the other times! After crying about the results I bought the Canon 14mm, which I should have just bought initially. As they say: 'buy once, cry once' (at the...
  19. P

Canon updates EOS R5 8K and autofocus information

Do I need to link to the threads? This is very confusing. When did the 1Dx3 gain 5.5k @60fps? As posted above: In reality the 1Dx3 will create much better video than the R5, which is part of why Canon was willing to 'give away cheaply' high spec DPAF in the R5, but not in the 1Dx3...
  20. P

Canon updates EOS R5 8K and autofocus information

'Professional' means we earn our living (ie a full time wage) with a camera in our hand. Few actual 'professionals' using Canon buy anything less than a '5' series camera, unless it's as a backup or disposable B cam. To say professionals won't spend $3k on a camera is complete nonsense. Any...