Search results

1. JoFT

EOS Webcam Utility is not detected from any Webcam software on my 2019 MacBook Pro 15" with the latest Version of Mojave

I am using the following tools where I would need it: Microsoft Teams Zoom skype wonderme facetime (I know that this should not work) I tested the following cameras M6Mkii 5DMkiii R R5 All cameras deliver no result. In no software the EOS webcam utility showed up as a camera.... Has...
  2. JoFT

I added the first time the workhorse... Canon´s RF 70-200mm L IS USM: Stellar Performer.....

Why? Normally I refused to have "the holy trinity". I want to be different, having more options and to be able to break the barriers of the gold standard of this industry. That's why I have Zeiss lenses which not everybody has and why I love to shoot with f1.4 glass - or even faster. The...
  3. JoFT

Another weather sealed decent performer from Samyang/Walimex/Rokinon for RF- (and Nikon Z-)Mount: the MF 14mm f2.8

My Verdict: a Highly recommended lens. After first slight disappointment: Knowing the lens since a couple of years this copy is confirming the good things I know about this lens - but I have to give the quality assurance department in Samyang the task to check the lenses they give out a bit...
  4. JoFT

Samyang new 85mm f1.4 RF - including weather sealing

Samyang send me the 2 new lenses for RF for testing (Well, i was a bit astonished by the way). I took the lens around and made some test shots, comparing it with my Zeiss Milvus as well as the Canon EF 85mm f1.4 L IS USM. This is my verdict about this lens: After first mixed feelings: I am...
  5. JoFT

The RF 35mm f1.8 STM: This lens makes Full Frame to a travel option...

Shortly after my New England trip -where I made the road trip with the EF-M 32mm f1.4 - my first RF lens was delivered: The RF 35mm f1.8 IS STM. Therefore the next Idea was to take this lens with me - together with the EF 85mm f1.4 L IS USM and the Milvus 15mm f2.8. Quite a nice combo.... Well...
  6. JoFT

Road trip with Canon´s EF-M 32 f1.4 on the EOS M5 - This lens gives the M-Mount a new dimension....

Some background of the idea how to use this combo... When I was little my stepdad has shown us dials from his travel to "exotic" countries. These were images from Turkey, Egypt and Kenia. He visited those countries in the late fifties of the last century. He had maybe 2 or 3 films with him and...
  7. JoFT

Canon EOS-R or How Canon Nailed the Entrance into the Mirrorless FullFrame Market

Maybe a bit provocative title of my review of the EOS R. I have it in use since almost 3 weeks now. I am really excited about this camera! Here is my verdict: Wow, what a camera... It delivers all what I expected to get. Using the EOS M5 since almost 2 years as my main travel camera I knew...
  8. JoFT

Photokina 2018 - A walk on photokina and some nice shooting experience with some awesome lenses - For Canon as well as µ43...

As usual I joined Photokina 2018. I took 3 Cameras with me to get some experience of lenses I haven't checked -and to get a better feeling for lenses I have not used so far... What had been the best experiences The EOS-M 32mm f1.4 Great bokeh... great lens The Tamron 28-300mm super Zoom -...
  9. JoFT

One Year with the EOS M5: It is an awesome camera!!!

I am a Canon shooter since my first AE-1 in 1979.... Since I went digital - with the 5DMkII I have all 5D´s and 7D´s. But for a couple of reasons end of 2016 I canceled my order on a Hasselblad X1D and ordered the EOS M5. During more than 6000 photos in this years and traveling on all...
  10. JoFT

Canon 85mm f1.4L IS USM First Impressions and images...

Today I got my new 85mm f1.4 L IS USM. I made some first sample shots - and I am blown away by this lens. It is really sharp wide open. I could not find any CA. The Bokeh is just wonderful: smooth like butter - and no onion type stuff. IS works well... What do I want more? I will prepare a...
  11. JoFT

Canon´s 35mm lenses f1.4L-II & f2.0 IS vs Zeiss Milvus 1.4/35mm realworld review

Zeiss was so nice to send me the brand new Milvus 1.4/35 mm for review purposes. I did review the Milvus 85 f1.4 as well as the 50mm f1.4. Both are excellent glass and I guess the people like the way how I do the reviews... To have a lens just of 2 weeks is a very short period of time. And the...
  12. JoFT

Zeiss Milvus 1.4 35mm: Unboxing...

Yeah! Today I got the newest Member ob the Milvus Lens family from Zeiss for reviewing.... The first feeling is ... just another Milvus... (Having 3 Milvus Lenses ist the best thing to say about!!!!) It feels just awesome. But unlike the 85 and the 50f1.4 the 35mm has strong competition:the...
  13. JoFT

EF-M 28mm f3.5 IS USM a unique lens on the market - exclusively for EOS-M!

The Canon EOS-M System was in a kind of try and error phase for a pretty long time. No competitive bodies and very little amount of glass. The situation had completely changed for the bodies with the wonderful EOS M5 which I reviewed a couple of month ago. But what´s about the glass? So far just...
  14. JoFT

iPhone 7 plus portrait mode: ingenious or rubbish

Since a couple of month the iPhone 7plus is out, and one very special feature is this portrait mode. I got it very early. And had to wait until the release of the portrait mode. It has some ups and downs - and it is still in a beta phase.... My questions:Does it work?How does it...
  15. JoFT

Zeiss Milvus 50mm f1.4 vs Canon EF 50mm f1.8 STM: 10x the price and 10x better?

I made a review about these 2 lenses. Theses are controversary, to some extend extrem. But Let us start with my verdict: I will not answer the question in the title. I think everybody sees clearly: yes the Milvus 50mm f1.4 is an excellent lens. It is the best 50mm I know and meanwhile I own...
  16. JoFT

EOS M5: A damned good camera! Comparison with the 7D MkII and the Lumix GX80

I reviewed my M5 with my other Canon APS-C camera as well with my "always with me travel gear" of the last years - the µ43 system - and my newest camera there: the Lumix GX80 - which ic called in other Countries GX85 or GX81... The M5 is a really great camera. And as a mirrorless camera it has...
  17. JoFT

Are there other 3rd native EOS-M Lenses coming up??? F.i. Zeiss, Sigma etc???

With the M5 Canon becomes serious for mirrorless cameras - and great, too - I love my EOS M5!!! But there is not much glass available yet. Aside of the really good Samyang 12mm f2.0 there is no other lens manufacturer supporting the EOS M-mount. I would like to see with an EOS-M-Mount...
  18. JoFT

EOS M5: A damnend good camera!

I do have my copy of the EOS M5 since nearly 2 weeks. I must say "Chapeau Canon"!!! The M5 is a really good camera. It is a lot of fun to work with the camera and it is delivering extremely good images. I can compare pretty well with other leading mirrorless cameras - the Panasonic µ43. I do...
  19. JoFT

Yongnuo 622tx controller is not working on M5

It seems that the M5 is not cooperating with the YN622tx controller properly. the external flash menu does not show up: I get some strange noise and than the screen gets black. On my 5D4 the controller works fine...
  20. JoFT

EOS-M5 does not read out complete EXIF data from third party lenses

I am using the EOS M5 since a couple of days. When starting to check my images I realized that the M5 does not get the informations in this case for a Zeiss Milvus 50mm f1.4. A Canon 7DMk2 is able to read these data....