Search results

1. Cosmicbug

*UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

Re: *UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image May be to you Dilbert but I don't have an axe to grind on here and pleased Canon have evolved the 5D4 enough to stop me from continuing with my three year old Mk3. Often crop my images in my work and 30mpx will help in that area. I...
  2. Cosmicbug

*UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

Re: *UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image Canon has done enough for me to justify the move to the newer model. I will be trading in my 5D3. I am sure ithe IV will continue to earn me a living. Really guys, where else could I go???
  3. Cosmicbug

My Hong Kong story - or - Are there any FAKE Canon lenses being sold?

In Hong Kong.. Buy from BROADWAY or FORTRESS. Stay away from Nathan road especially those near the harbour. There are a few reputable dealers too in Mong Kok too so get advice first. Compared to the UK...The prices are lower. UK - legalised robbery perhaps!' :)
  4. Cosmicbug

Perseid meteor shower

Fabulous fireballs!
  5. Cosmicbug

Canon 5D mkIV pixel count

+1 I have to agree with your logic. However, if there is an 18mp 5Di n test then could that be a 5DX perhaps ie a rebodied 1Dx???
  6. Cosmicbug

Canon 5D mkIV pixel count

Looking to upgrade my 5D3 with the 5D4 when it arrives. However, recent posts have been suggesting pixel counts as low as 18mp. This makes me a little uncomfortable. I am hoping for a 25-28mp sensor. As for DR, my clirents are more than happy with the levels in the 5D3 so a little improvement...
  7. Cosmicbug

Canon L lens shooter gets trampled by the Queen's Guard

Should have been looking through his lens and not at it!!! Very funny :)
  8. Cosmicbug

New Superzoom Development? [CR1]

I would seriously consider this lens! I still use my 35-350L on my 5D3 for commercial use and find the range covers 95% of my needs on event shoots. The one lens does all helps when time is at a premium. Lens and card changing is a killer in my work. The long end of the zoom is so useful and...
  9. Cosmicbug

Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L IS Mentioned [CR1]

I would buy one tomorrow! I have a dream : IS with a slight improvement in Af speed, resolution and contrast coupled to a 5D4!
  10. Cosmicbug

RIP Leonard Nimoy

Will be missed. RIP
  11. Cosmicbug

Skipping the 5D-s. What do you want in 5D4?

8fps, 28 mpx WiFi DPAF Touchscreen AF linked spot metering Improved Raw buffer Improved high ISO performance
  12. Cosmicbug

Says it all

Interesting.... Could the fact that the 5D3 is still current have something to do with it??
  13. Cosmicbug

Canon EOS Rebel 750D Spec List [CR1]

Bodes well for the xD and xxD lines of cameras if they can up the specs considerably on the xxxD camera. New sensor??? I hope so. :)
  14. Cosmicbug

Preparing for the switch

Don't forget the Canon 1.4X teleconvertor III to go with the 100-400 mk2 :)
  15. Cosmicbug

Canon 28-300L 'super-zoom'

Taken with the 35-350 at 350... I'd imagine the 28-300 with more modern tech would be as good or better.
  16. Cosmicbug

Canon 28-300L 'super-zoom'

I have the precursor to the 28-300L. 35-350L. I've used this lens for 15 yrs and love its practicality and convenience. The IQ is good too. It's one of my most used lenses and covers 95% of requiremnts without a lens change. I would suggest you go into a store and try the 28-300 on your camera...
  17. Cosmicbug

EOS 5D Mark III Replacement Talk [CR2]

A 5DmkIV evolved from the mkIII..24-26Mpx with 8FPS A 53MP 5Ds would make a great complementary camera for studio, large groups, architecture and landscapes. I like the idea that not one camera does all and that cameras are more dedicated to a specific genre. (Sony and Nikon are going that way...
  18. Cosmicbug

EOS 5D Mark III Replacement Talk [CR2]

Slight improvements on DR, FPS, AF, HIGH ISO noise and a few mpx more from the 5DIII. This would give me my next perfect workhorse. :)
  19. Cosmicbug

Anyone own the Canon EF 200mm f/2.8 L II?

A great lens that is light , compact and very sharp. Lack of IS is the only drawback! My comparison showed it to be sharper than the 70-200 zoom. ... If 200mm is your thing then it is a great value addition to your kit.
  20. Cosmicbug

High ISO heaven!

Nice image indeed! Btw.how does it look if push the levels up a shade?