Search results

1. R

all around Macro lens

I'm trying to decide what macro lens to get for all around macro shooting. I'm really trying to decide between 100mmL & the canon 180mmL. Any thoughts or experiences with the lenses? Thank you, Ryan
  2. R

Canon close up filter 500D

Does anyone have experience using the Canon close up filter 500D? I'm trying to keep my kit reasonably light while hiking. I always have my 100-400 V2 with me and a few others on top of that, so I'm not wanting to carry a macro lens all the time too. So any comments or experience with it would...
  3. R

Capture 1 Pro or Lightroom

Does anyone have experience using Capture One Pro 9? I use Lightroom now and can do basic edits and find my way around the program. Before I really try to learn everything in Lightroom and invest all my time I'm wondering if I should spend my time learning Capture One inside and out and make...
  4. R

Canon or Kenko Extension tubes

I'm wanting to add extension tubes to my kit. Anyone who has experience with extension tubes have advice or thoughts on brand and general info? Thank You, Ryan
  5. R

Canon 24-70 2.8 ii or 35mm 1.4 ii

I find I really shoot a lot at 35mm. I like having the zoom range but really thinking about going with the 35mm ii for the 2 extra stops. I'd probably have to sell the 24-70 to justify the cost. Any thoughts?
  6. R

Canon 25-105 L or 24-70 L ii for a landscape lens?

I already have a 24-105 L, 16-35 f/4 L and 70-200 2.8 Is L ii for my landscape kit. I'm wondering if the 24-70 ii would be worth investing in at this point for landscape shoots considering the price and of it and needing to purchase 82mm filters if I get it. Any advice would be appreciated...
  7. R

Camera Canada

Has anyone purchased cameras and lenses through Camera Canada? If so was it a good experience and a reputable dealer?
  8. R

First ND Filter, how many stops? Screw on or Lee Filter System?

What ND filters would you recommend for a first one? How many stops and why? I'll be using it for landscapes and slower shuter speeds during the day. Thanks, Ryan
  9. R

Pixma pro 10 or 100?

I have the Pixma pro 100 and the pro 10. I received both free through rebates with camera bundles this last year. I was planning on selling them. Now reading the recent post which printer do you use I'm thinking it may be fun to do some of my own printing. So which printer would you keep and...
  10. R

Battery grips, Canon or third party? Use one or don't?

I've never used battery grips. Do you all prefer using one or not using one? Do you prefer canon grips or a third party manufacturers?
  11. R

Two full frame bodies or full frame and crop sensor?

Hi, I currently shoot a 5diii. This year I started shooting my first paid shoots. I did 4 weddings, senior pictures and family portriats. I'll be doing the same over the next several years plus some sports, stock, wildlife and landscapes/fine art trying to make a career from photography...