Search results

1. C

Canon EF 135mm f/2L IS Coming in 2017 [CR2]

I preordered the new 85mm but immediately thought that the 135 would be the first one that needed IS. I shoot a lot of music in dark clubs and love both my 85mm f1.8 and 135mm f2. My 85 is a great lens but would hold out for the 135 with the IS as it is much more needed at the longer focal...
  2. C

Temporary Speedlite Wall Mounts

Also, the mini Cardellini clamps are great to have in your bag. I worked in the motion picture biz and we used them everywhere. I carry two of the Mini clamps in my bag and you can buy them with a little Manfrotto ball head as well. You can buy them from Steve (the manufacturer) at Film Crew...
  3. C

Canon 5D3 sensor overheats in video

I can maybe get 10-15 minutes of video recording before my camera shuts down. I shoot mostly live music and do turn the camera off briefly between songs. I also use a 80D and 70D and have no issues there at all but I can see a quality difference with the 5D3. Are all copies having this problem...
  4. C

Lenses that you want Canon to release next

I would love to see something like a 24-200 f2.8 and f4L lenses available. I use the 24-70 f4 and have both the f4 and f2.8 70-200's. I shoot a fair amount of music in clubs and am always trapped between the two lenses and having to change back and forth. I actually love the EF-S 18-135 which I...
  5. C

New Canon PZ-E1

I see that Canon is finally coming out with a power zoom attachment for their 18-135 EF-S lens. I shoot a fair amount of video with my 70D and would love this feature. I plan to upgrade to the 80D, but am quite sure that only the newest 18-135 will work. To my knowledge, this would be the third...
  6. C

Anyone receive 11-24 yet (or shipping notice)

Thoughts on where to order one now? Adorama is showing in stock and B&H still shows Pre-order. Who is having the best luck where? I see Amazon is asking $500 more thru 17th st. $3k is enough! Replies appreciated. Thanks!
  7. C

Purchase 5DIII now, or wait for 5DIV?

I have no idea when the 5D4 is coming out, but prices on the 3 are plummeting. Canon dropped it from 3400 to either 3000 or 3100 and there are many new ones on eBay for $2199 which is a great price! I remember thinking what a deal I got on mine at $2600. I have the 5D3 and the older 7D and...
  8. C

7 inch monitor for 5d3?

Wow, thank you all so much! Of course i can spend more than $300, but I had seen the Lilliput and Apurture monitors with pretty good reviews at under $300 so started there. I understand that high end monitors are $1,000+ and I would prefer another lens at that price. In all my internet research...
  9. C

7 inch monitor for 5d3?

I am looking to buy a monitor for my 5D3 for shooting video. Needed for focusing mostly. I am shooting indoor performances and am usually at 200-300mm. I would like to buy a monitor to mount beside or on the camera. $300 max price for me. I see some have focus peaking and false colors. All of...
  10. C

Can Speedlight be used on 70D in Live View?

My son is using the Canon 320EX Speedlight as he is shooting video as well. One would think that it would fire in live view mode, but we had no success. Thank you all in advance for your thoughts, Craig
  11. C

Can Speedlight be used on 70D in Live View?

I visited my son yesterday and we wanted to take some photos. He had a canon Speedlight attached and everything was fine until he decided to use live view to get the camera down lower. The flash would not fire. If we turned Live View off, it worked just fine. This was shooting a couple of young...
  12. C

What is your favorite lens/camera combo in your camerabag?

Run and gun for me is the 5D3 and 70-200 f4 plus the 24-70 f4. I have several Think Tank bags and the deeper ones will take the long zoom attached. That is my everyday combo and I do love the TT bags!
  13. C

Field review of the new Canon 100-400

Wow. It was my impression as well that the lens barrel would not extend. Judging from the photo, it does. That is one thing that I love about my 70-200 f4: The physical size never changes. It looks like the pump action is gone, anyway. I worked in the motion picture biz and one cameraman I...
  14. C

Should I switch?? 24-70L/2.8-II + 16-35L/2.8-I vs. 24-70L/4IS + 16-35L/4IS

I only own the 24-70 f4 and I love it. For me, on the wider end of zooms, 2.8 is not a deal maker for me. If you really need the shallower DOF, get the 2.8. My 70-200 is f4 also and that lens is astounding! I love the size, weight and price of the f4 models. Easy enough to bump the ISO and I get...
  15. C

Community thoughts on Canon 15mm f2.8 fisheye lens

Perfect. there it is five times! It did not show up in "preview".. Oh well, sorry for the redundancy!
  16. C

Thank you ALL for your replies! Possibly I am expecting too much from this lens. The images are not terrible, not just up to the Canon IQ I am used to. My 70-200 is totally amazing. The 24-70 is great as well. The 135L 2.0 is astounding and the 15mm is just OK. Maybe I should try shooting a test...
  17. C

I have been shooting Canon for about 40 years. About three years ago I finally got into digital with the 7D. Less than a year ago I bought the 5D3. Great cameras! I have a nice variety of primes and zooms (all Canon) and it is always nice to have something super-wide. I bought the Rokinon 8mm...
  18. C

600EX-RT sticks and puts out constant light

Thank you all for your help! Again, this was my first post and I now have my answer. I am now going to lock the topic as an administrator suggested that I could. I kind of feel like an idiot, but I really had no idea that the unit had that function. So many buttons, dials and menus! Thanks again!
  19. C

Wow. i had no idez it had a modeling light! Yes, I was holding the camera down and could have easily hit the DOF button. thanks!!!
  20. C

I have had my 600EX-RT for about a year with no issues. Last night I was using it in a nightclub on very low power for just a touch of flash fill. On three occasions in a period of about five minutes it just stuck on and looked like a bright movie light. It turned off on it's own, but did it...