Search results

1. D

R5 Q&A - shared experiences

Hi. Thought I would open up a thread for Q&A/FAQ for the R5 where you can ask questions and hopefully get some answers along the way that aren't embedded in the overheating debates. Q1 for me is that I didn't seem to get close enough ie minimum focus distance with me R5/RF adaptor/EF100mm L...
  2. D

Advice for USB-C dock to handle CFExpress and/or USH-II SD cards

I can find card readers but no docks for USB-C. I would prefer to have 1 dock to handle CFExpress, SD (USH-II), USB-A, HDMI and power. Ideally using thunderbolt but USB 3.1gen2 would be also okay. No need for multiple external displays or ethernet at this time. I can see a couple of dedicated...
  3. D

RF TC = RF-RF or RF-EF?

Can we confirm that the announced RF TCs are RF to RF? RF-RF could only be used on the 100-500mm (if new DO super tele is not released soon) and @1000mm f/14 (2x) would have few use cases. They can't fit the RF70-200 due to how close the rear element is to the mount. If they are RF to EF TCs...
  4. D

Dual micro SD to SD card adaptor for redundancy. Anyone have industry contacts for this one?

I posted this deep in another thread but thought it made some sense to add as a new one.... Micro SD cards are harder to handle but you can get UHS II and 512GB versions so technically no performance hurdle. Would you buy a dual card adaptor for your single slot camera if redundancy is...
  5. D

Are there any other consequences to the removal of the hotshoe universal pin besides 3rd party flash compatibility?

Looks like Godox has already released a firmware update anyway! https://www.diyphotography.net/canon-has-removed-the-universal-pin-on-the-new-sl3-200d-mk-ii-flash-hotshoe/
  6. D

Canon competition to D610+14-24 f/2.8

Not clickbait... hear me out... I have been a decades long user of Canon. Currently 7D/10-22mm, 24-105 f/4, 70-200mm f/2.8II 7D is wearing out and I am getting to its limits (IMHO). So... what to replace it with. Night/astro/landscape is where I mostly use my 10-22mm lens and publish. Looking...
  7. D

What will fill the gap of 7D? 70DS R?

Hi. list price from Canon US shows $5,999 EOS-1D X $3,899 EOS 5DS R $3,699 EOS 5DS $2,799 EOS 5D Mark III $1,699 EOS 6D $1,799 EOS 7D Mark II => $1,499 EOS 7D $1,199 EOS 70D $899 EOS 60D Is the 7D end of sale now and if not, what would replace it? 70D is newish and so is 7D Mkii but there seems...
  8. D

6D vs 7D mark II

Hi Guys... in a quandary. I have a 7D with 10-22mm lens, etc. Getting on now after 3 years of reasonably heavy use and generally happy but hitting the limit with noise/wide aperture lens. I do nightscapes, sea/landscapes but also some action shots (not published). Going full frame was the next...