Search results

1. D

EF-M 55-200 on M6II

I did buy one before they disappear, but may have to cancel my trip due to all the wildfires between home and where I planned to go. A small price to pay compared to those who have lost their homes.
  2. D

EF-M 55-200 on M6II

Thank you dcm and koenkooi for you input.
  3. D

EF-M 55-200 on M6II

I'm thinking of buying the EF-M 55-200 for use on my M6II before they are no longer available to purchase new. I'd appreciate input from those that use this combination regarding image quality on the higher megapixel sensor. I'm taking a trip to Yellowstone next month and will take my M kit...
  4. D

Who's still hanging in?

For anyone in Canada still looking for an M6II, I just bought one from Londondrugs.com (they only have the kits with EF-M 15-45 and EVF) for $1,299.99. The website shows "While Quantities Last".
  5. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks bhf3737. I went back to the sanctuary today and they had sightings listed for Willow Flycatcher and Pacific-slope Flycatcher. I'm going to guess it is a Willow Flycatcher based on the pictures in my bird book. According to my book the range of Gray Flycatchers doesn't extend to my...
  6. D

Show your Bird Portraits

I'm unable to positively ID this Flycatcher. If anyone knows what it is, please let me know. It was too far away to get a decent picture, so I only took it for ID purposes. Geographically located near Vancouver, BC. Thanks.
  7. D

Canon will release an RF mount ‘vlogging’ camera in 2022 [CR3]

I can’t say for sure if the M6II has been discontinued in Canada, but I searched on 6 retailers websites and can’t find it listed for sale. Amazon.ca shows some listings through external sellers. I found it on the Canon Canada website, but when I hit Buy it produces an error message.
  8. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Northern Flicker licking branch.
  9. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks Click
  10. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks ISO64. I do struggle with white balance under a green canopy.
  11. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Gone through my bird book and can't match this one to anything. Anyone know what it is? I'm guessing some kind of Sparrow but can't match the coloration. Location is near Vancouver, BC and taken yesterday.
  12. D

DXO PL5 won't open moon picture

It opens fine in Photoshop. Edit: I just tried DXO PL4 and it opens fine in that, but I still get the error in PL5. It's not a big concern at this point as I was just trying to see if I could get a better result in PL5 than PS. I can live without it opening in PL5. Perhaps the problem will...
  13. D

DXO PL5 won't open moon picture

When I try to open a moon picture in DXO PL5 (.CR3 from R5) the picture flashes up for a second, then disappears and the following error message takes it's place "Internal error (Error in prepare)". I am on version 5.1.3.4720. I just updated to this version, but have no idea if the update is...
  14. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Swim or sink?
  15. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Double-crested Cormorant flashing.
  16. D

Canon exec confirms that the EOS-1D X Mark III is Canon’s last DSLR

The RF extenders don’t fit in the adapter (at least not in the basic one - I tried).
  17. D

Show your Bird Portraits

A meeting today. I'm not sure what was discussed, but it got quite heated at times (unlike me who was freezing).
  18. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Spotted Towhee
  19. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Anna's Humming bird from a few days ago.
  20. D

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

I went out a few days ago and had my first attempt at hummingbird (Anna's) in flight with R5. I had no luck in the past getting a decent picture of a hummingbird in flight with handheld 5DIV. The second picture was at 1/400 (because I forgot to change the shutter speed after taking a static shot).