Search results

1. Tinky

Nikon Announces the D7500 DSLR

2.2x crop for 4K.
  2. Tinky

From a video point of view, the capacity to handle 4K usually means you can get faster frame rates on 1080, which may be useful for some, but even though I rarely output 4K, 4K downscaled to 1080 kicks the pants clean off in camera 1080.. so even if your output is still all 1080 (and theres no...
  3. Tinky

I know most on here won't care, but it has 4K video. Come on Canon. You're missing out on the party. What amateur / low level pro-video business Panasonic haven't already snaffled Nikon are sniffing around.
  4. Tinky

Vintage & Classic & Aged Object

Re: Vintage & Classic Photography Minolta SR-T303, 45mm f2.0. Kodak T64
  5. Tinky

Caon eos 800d picss and specs

Are you my customer? Many years ago when I worked in camera retail I got on fine with customers. I didn't patronise, didn't molly coddle, didn't blow smoke up their assess. I was direct and honest. And had plenty of repeat customers who valued that. Now I run my own creative business a...
  6. Tinky

Sorry to hear you use AF for Macro. Yeah, my Doctor said it's something to do with keeping certain kinds of company.
  7. Tinky

You misrepresent. Again. Again, again, again. It's the rebel end of the market. Rebels have never had afma. There are other things to get right first. Congratulations on your afma experience. I know it's vital when you photograph so many flight cases. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap.
  8. Tinky

Video Recovery from a Formatted Card

yep. It has it's issues. You are dealing with files which have VBR, have spatial and temporal compression. Short of moving to a spatial only compression such as APR or DnX via an external recorder there are limited options. Just keeps your card regularly overwrite formatted, and back up...
  9. Tinky

Video Recovery from a Formatted Card

THe trouble is that memory cards erase the head of the file, which is where the streaming info is on video files. You can restore almost all the raw data, except the essential bit of how to rebuild it (because of VBR, and long GOP streams it isn't predictable) I've had partial success...
  10. Tinky

motorised sliders

Thanks for thoughts. I ended up getting a steal of a deal on a manfrotto slider, which at least solves half my problem. Looking at Syrp and other post options. Will let you know how it goes.
  11. Tinky

haha, afma is like fourth or fifth thing down the list if you are doing it right.... Oh my shots not in focus... it must be afma... More like.. Your technique Your settings AF lock and recompose focus shift Must be afma though, has to be, got to be. Not saying it's never afma. Just that...
  12. Tinky

Panasonic g7 or G80 with speedbooster. Better MTFs (optical reduction rather than a crop) and extra stop of light, and you can use your EF glass whenever Canon get round to a budget 4K EF mount camera. The combination of the optical reduction and the 4K-1080 downsampling in post means that my...
  13. Tinky

Were you really expecting XLR inputs and a grab handle on the new rebel? Greedy bastards might also be people who wan't the quality, usability and design of a £3k camera but don't want to pay £3k for it. My last ENG camera was £20k. And it wasn't 4K either. So I have to laugh when folk bitch...
  14. Tinky

Where have Canon committed genocide? Just asking because my definition of 'Nazi' is very specific. Are you confusing not getting a feature you wanted on a consumer electronic item with the gassing of 6 million men women and children?
  15. Tinky

What were your first Canons? Analog and or digital?

The first camera I had the use of was my Dads Canon FTQL. Then my Sister got an EOS 1000FN which I had access to (and so I could teach her how to work it) When I started working in a camera shop as a student I was able to pick up 2nd hand gear cheap, and went through a 5 (A2e) a 50e, a 3, a...
  16. Tinky

Adobe Raising Prices on Creative Cloud Subscriptions in UK & Sweden

double dunt for me. I've been on the promotional rate for the last year so my subs double. Hey ho. Cost of doing business. I still consider it good value, and it's written off the fattest wedge of my tax in any case.
  17. Tinky

Pentax to Re-Enter Mirrorless Camera Segment With M-E

Pleased to hear it. Was a decent sensor at the heart of it all.
  18. Tinky

New Around Here

Welcome. I dip in and out of the group. You'll get to suss the personalities shall we say, sometimes I need a wee break. I would say this, very diplomatically, although it's ostensibly a kit forum, I'm personally more interested in pictures than pie-charts, semiotics than semantics. Have fun...
  19. Tinky

Pentax to Re-Enter Mirrorless Camera Segment With M-E

I actually loved the design aesthetics of the K-01. Yes it was pointless, taking the compromises of the SLR form and the compromises of the mirrorless form and delivering a camera with the benefits of neither (i.e. not compact, no phase detect af) But as something to look at, as something to...
  20. Tinky

Anamorphic / Letterbox capture of single stills with DSLR?

This is a bit like using a tilt shift for fake minature. Not really what they were designed for. From a stills perspective you will essentially have to undo the anamorphic horizontal compression by converting to a custom pixel aspect, then re-sampling as square pixels if you want to do...