Search results

1. A

Concert Shots

Here are mine I got a couple nights ago:
  2. A

Venus Optics Announces the Laowa 15mm f/4 Wide-Angle 1:1 Macro Lens, the World’s Widest 1:1 Macro Le

Re: Venus Optics Announces the Laowa 15mm f/4 Wide-Angle 1:1 Macro Lens, the World’s Widest 1:1 Macr Found it on petapixel: "The lens has a minimum working distance of 0.47cm, meaning the front element of the lens will be nearly touching your subject when shooting 1:1." Wow thats crazy...
  3. A

Venus Optics Announces the Laowa 15mm f/4 Wide-Angle 1:1 Macro Lens, the World’s Widest 1:1 Macro Le

Re: Venus Optics Announces the Laowa 15mm f/4 Wide-Angle 1:1 Macro Lens, the World’s Widest 1:1 Macr Is it manual focus or AF? I cant get to the site to tell, its crashed. What is the actual focus distance? I own a Rokinon 14mm T3.1, and shoot a lot of dog videos/photos with it. Wondering if...
  4. A

Best Prints and cheap ink

I ran out of ink that came with my MG6220 Photo Printer and ordered some off brand ink on amazon. Does anyone have experience getting ink and what ink should be used? Could it be the ink or my settings on my printer? How do I get the best, sharpest photos from my printer? Settings? how do I...
  5. A

Post your Panoramics!

True. I actually shoot FF, but didnt want to lug it around on our honeymoon (top 2 photos) so I rented the x100T. Neat little thing and easy to take everywhere, but discrete enough not to ruin the moment with needing to take a photo. Side note, x100t captures in camera panoramics similar to...
  6. A

Flowers and other Flora

7D & 70-200 F4L
  7. A

Post your Panoramics!

Opposed to all the beautiful landscapes, I like to include my wife in mine. Taken with Fujifilm x100T and Iphone 5.
  8. A

Deal: Canon EOS 5D Mark III w/24-105mm f/4L IS $2599

A grey market (sometimes called a parallel import, but this can also mean other things; not to be confused with a black market or a grey economy) is the trade of a commodity through distribution channels which are legal but are unofficial, unauthorised, or unintended by the original...
  9. A

GHOST TOWN - Kayaköy [5D Mark II RAW Video]

I dont understand why you took the 30s breaks for 180º shutter angle. Could you further explain, I dont understand the point. I know shutter angle and timelapse, but not the technique you are using.
  10. A

Announcement: Canon EOS C300 Mark II. Full Coverage and Videos Here.

I'll do my best to help you out. I do videography for a living, but not at the caliber to warrant purchasing/using this camera. In the nuts and bolts of this C300 Mark II how different is the sensor in it say a 5D Mark III or a 5DS: Its a smaller sensor than the 5dMkiii but has a lot more...
  11. A

Interviewing Canon at NPE 2015

It's a plastics conference, and Canon Virginia (manufacturing not cameras) will be one of the companies I'll be interviewing while doing video coverage there. Not exactly amazing, but I'm pretty excited. Any rumors about injection molds you all would like me to ask? ;)
  12. A

Adobe Lightroom 6 Coming March 9

Very true. It's odd and inverse for me. I do video professionally (with photos tacked on). I hate postproduction with video, but love post production when it comes to photos.
  13. A

We, The Photographers......Self Portaits..a Who's Who on CR

Haha great catch! My AE-1 didnt fit the art direction!
  14. A

We, The Photographers......Self Portaits..a Who's Who on CR

2 Self portraits taken a couple years ago at least. One on couch was taken on a road trip to my grandfathers funeral. took my camera and really helped pass the 18hr drive. Second (on the couch) was inspired by something similar I saw in a magazine.
  15. A

Good Wireless Lavalier Mics and Set Up

Like said above, you want (need) multiple frequencies for each source. If you are shooting a large conference with a lot of media coverage, you might want to check in with the media department and get a specific frequency assigned to you. To settle your unease a little, on multiple occasions...
  16. A

Good Wireless Lavalier Mics and Set Up

For wireless lav system, sennheiser g3 system is the way to go. I've learned the hard way, wireless mic systems is something you do not cut corners on. They are pretty much the industry standard and I've used them non-stop for about 3-4 years now. They are a bit steep for one mic, but anything...
  17. A

Interviewing 101 | Low Budget Tips and Techniques

Are these interviews for documentation/research purposes or are they going to be viewed by others? Are you trying to get them to say something specific, or just give us information that shouldnt be molded or directed? Important things to note. Few things I've learned when doing interviews and...
  18. A

photo test of canon 85mm f1.2

Looks like a reflection to me, like something brown is on the other side of that brick wall and a light source is reflecting off of it. Nothing wrong with the lens I think. Does this show up in other photos?
  19. A

Getting Copyright Music License for my website

I think you might be highly confused as to what you can and cannot use. Being a spotify member only lets you stream music for personal listening. Spotify Business gives you the right to broadcast your music in a place of business or store. Using a regular spotify or pandora account to broadcast...
  20. A

Getting Copyright Music License for my website

Just to piggy back on the incompetech.com suggestion. I have been using http://freemusicarchive.org/ a lot and its so much better. Filled with tons of artists who with simple Attribution use. You can even search for commercial, non-commercial, and other license types. Best thing is that it's...