Search results

1. N

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R5

The AF-ON button is back in a more natural place for the thumb to rest on . Rear wheel, two dials, joystick and control dial on lenses, this is going to be quite the customisable machine.
  2. N

Canon Launches New Camera Cloud Platform – image.canon

I wonder if they could get manage to put an eSim into the R5 or future cameras and allow it to upload every photo to the cloud via cellular network when in the field. The added security of having a cloud back up done live would be fantastic.
  3. N

Canon EOS R firmware 1.4.0 now available for download

Massive improvement in eye-AF! Just tried my 70-200 II and I shot a sequence of around 60 shots of my toddler chasing me around the house and from initial viewing on the LCD looks like at least 80% hit focus. Had one weird moment where the eye AF locked onto a sheep printed on my boys baby...
  4. N

Canon EOS R firmware 1.4.0 now available for download

I've had issues with my 70-200 II on my EOS R so far, its the only lens I've had poor performance from. I'm installing the firmware update right now and will test the lens with the new firmware, I've high hopes!
  5. N

Canon EOS R “One YEAR Later” REVIEW…does it hold up?

I should add its the 70-200 II that I have. I was using the EOS R with my 50 f/1.2 at the weekend and I have to say I am more than impressed! The issue I've had with the 70-200 II on the EOS R was tracking moving subjects, I had several sequences of shots of erratic moving subjects where most...
  6. N

haha , well I joined the forum in December 2014 so I'm nei sure if that constitutes new!? Given I rarely post. I'd love to hear feedback from anyone else with probelms with the 70-200 on the EOS R. I'm hoping with firmware 1.4.0 that I'll see an improvement.
  7. N

I skipped the 5D4 and kept shooting my 5D3 and 5DSR, although more and more I was using my Fuji X100F. Anyhoo I bought an EOS R with 24-105 kit when returning from overseas as I got it around 35% cheaper than UK prices at the time. I will admit, initially I didn't like the EOS R. The AF-On...
  8. N

Canon's New Tilt Shift Lenses Still Scheduled To Begin Shipping Next Week

I really want one of these, but in the UK they are on sale at Jessops for £2,499 ($3,325 USD).
  9. N

Preorder All The New Canon Releases

Re: New Canon Gear Preorders Are Live Well, I've bought every 5D series camera immediately upon its release, but this will be the first I won't as the UK price is too high. Had it been £400 less I'd have pre-ordered, but I'm in Canada in October so I think I'll just pick one up while I'm there...
  10. N

5DIV price confirmed

According to dutytaxcalculator website there is 0% import duty on digital camera's when importing to the US, Canada and the UK. However, US has an average total sales tax of around 9% compared to UK VAT of 20%, so there should at least be an 11% discrepancy. I understand that US prices are...
  11. N

Canon Pixma Pro-1 issue when printing 6x4

I have recently returned from an oversea's assignment where I was away for nearly 3 months. During this time my Canon Pixma PRO-1 printer sat unused, and now has a very weird issue. I can print any print size except 6x4 faultlessly. However, when I print 6x4 I get these black marks, like a...
  12. N

Zeiss Otus 28mm f/1.4 Distagon T* Coming? [CR2]

This is a good write up on why Zeiss cannot legally, without Canon/Nikon permission, make autofocus lenses for Canon/Nikon: https://photographylife.com/zeiss-make-autofocus-dslr-lenses
  13. N

What Do You Want To See in the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV?

For me I'd immediately buy it if it has spot metering linked to AF point and improved DR. Faster flash sync would also be a bonus. Also I'd want the MP kept reasonable. Already work flow is slower with the 5DSR, and clearing the buffer when filling it is already slow enough. I'm not bothered...
  14. N

Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L IS Mentioned Again [CR2]

I think they'd keep the 2.8L II and the 2.8L IS on the market together. I'd wager they'd lower the price of the 2.8L II again by maybe 20%, and introduce the new 2.8L IS at a very high introductory price, where it'd remain for some time. I would need some persuading to part with my 2.8L II, as...
  15. N

Tamron Launches SP 35mm f/1.8 Di VC USD & SP 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD

What sort of price are they expected to retail at?
  16. N

5DS R review by Ming Thein

I think I've read just about every review there is on the 5DS R before I bought it, and I've had it now for two months and this is the first review I've read since I purchased it. I absolutely agree 100% with his take on it, he provides a very reasoned and accurate take on the camera. Its a...
  17. N

Deal: Canon EOS 5Ds Body $2999 (Reg $3699)

I opted for the 5DSR, and I got the store's penultimate R body out of a stock of 10, yet they had sold only 1 of their stock of 10 5DS'. If this is replicated all over I can see that the price drop further on the 5DS, but I think this will keep 5DSR prices higher, so we'll see price be a more...
  18. N

A New L Zoom is Coming [CR2]

I have the 16-35 2.8 mk II and 24-70 mk II and for me I'd definitely want the 16-35 replaced first. I absolutely love the 24-70 mk II and there has been only a very small number of times that I thought "I wish I had IS on this". However, I have a friend who went for the Tamron just because the...
  19. N

Review: Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L via DXOMark

This lens certainly seems to be dividing opinion. I am eagerly awaiting mine thanks to Jessops and that recent 24 month 0% interest deal they had. I have to admit I'm like an excited child waiting for it to arrive regardless of any reviews
  20. N

Product Advisory: Counterfeit Canon Speedlite 600EX Flashes on the Market

Thanks for the heads up, I'm just away to purchase another unit so I'll be wary of eBay thats for sure. I think I'll just head through to the city and get one from the local camera store instead.