Search results

1. adventureous

Canon has discontinued the battery grip BG-R10 for the EOS R5, EOS R6 and EOS R6 Mark II

This is the worst piece of ____Canon branded gear I have ever bought. It feels and works like Canon outsourced the design and mfg. Very disappointed in this purchase. I don't use it but I keep it around to show people that all Canon gear is not created equal.
  2. adventureous

Atomos announces the new Ninja series of monitor-recorders, the Ninja and Ninja Ultra

No mention of overhauling their quality control.
  3. adventureous

It looks like Nikon is targeting the Canon EOS R5 with the upcoming Nikon Z 8

I'm not excited about the R5 size, I just tolerate it. The battery grip is not up to Canon's design or quality in my opinion. Your fingers do not naturally hold it properly since your fingers have to stretch/reach for the buttons and nothing on it feels right. It's as though Canon outsourced...
  4. adventureous

Canon R5

The R5 The R5 battery grip should be free all the time. It is the worst piece of Canon gear I have ever bought. Nothing feels ergonomically correct on it, nothing seems to fit right. It seems like they had an outside source design and manufacture it. It's not up to Canon standards.
  5. adventureous

Canon EOS R3 sensor resolution to be 45mp?

I am checking Jeff Cable's blog twice a day lol for Olympic information, right now the topic is getting 26 covid test before he can get in , and they are getting plenty of rain.
  6. adventureous

Update: The Canon EOS R3 will be officially announced on June 29th

Did someone mention Tiny Tim in this forum? Content is looking up.
  7. adventureous

Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM to be one of the next lenses announced

All I can say is Canon is on a roll right now with these lens offerings.
  8. adventureous

This is what caused Canon to pull firmware v1.3.2 for the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

By "electronic sound" if they mean the beep, mine is working fine in both the 10 second and 2 second delay.
  9. adventureous

Canon has pulled firmware v1.3.2 for the EOS 5D Mark IV

lol either Friday or Saturday I could not find the update on Canons website so I came here and in the article it had the update link so I used it and now I read this. I have not seen any difference in use but I have not used the tether feature since the update.
  10. adventureous

Deal: Canon EOS 5DS body $1305 (Reg $3499)

Wow that's low. I bought my 5DIII used for $1100 one year ago and it had 100K clicks on it. It's still perfect.
  11. adventureous

Do You Use Third Party Batteries in Your Canon Cameras?

My daily driver is a 5DII which I bought in '08 along with 2 additional factory batteries in '08, giving me a total of 3 LP-E6 which I have numbered and keep rotated. Never a problem, still hold up very well and is the system I will use when purchasing the replacement camera. Factory only. Plus...
  12. adventureous

Stock Notice: Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II in Stock at B&H Photo

You may have already seen this video from Rudy Winston https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL-xVSH0bh0
  13. adventureous

*UPDATED* When is All of the New Stuff Going to Ship?

When the 5DII came out my local camera shop was saving them for the local newspaper first, then the public. I went to Best Buy and got it before the paper did.
  14. adventureous

EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II Images & Specifications

Re: EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II Images & Specifications Thank you for this write up as it helps us video neophytes.
  15. adventureous

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV to be Announced August 25, 2016 [CR3]

I will hold off on a purchase until we see real world images. I have heard when shown the same photo taken under "normal" conditions, most people can't tell the difference between a 5D2 and 5D3. Since I don't get paid to shoot sports or low light events, that is the reason I did not get the 5D3...
  16. adventureous

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV to Feature CFast & SD Card Slots [CR2]

Nice try http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t2-first-impressions-review Optional 'Power Booster Grip' Along with the X-T2, Fujifilm has introduced the VPB-XT2, a vertical battery grip that holds two extra batteries. As well as significantly extending the camera's battery life, the...
  17. adventureous

Lake Tahoe?

In the Yosemite foothills area, I would keep in mind the travel times are slower because of the terrain, so if your not careful you will spend more time driving around and not actually seeing anything. I worked with a tour company one summer, and that was a complaint of some customers even...
  18. adventureous

Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Coming in June [CR3]

What Rick said plus it's uncanny ability for sun glare (different from sun flare) If the sun is directly behind you and the camera, if you swing the camera 1 inch left or right from center, you will have sun glare in the photo. I may be exaggerating a little, but only a little. I hope the new...
  19. adventureous

Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Coming in June [CR3]

Looks like my Christmas is coming early.