Search results

1. M

1DX single point AF issue?

I'm using single-point AF on my 1DX. When I try to move the point up a notch to focus a little higher the AF flashes back to the center point when I hit the focus button (using BBF.) Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on? I can't figure out how to fix it!
  2. M

300 2.8L lens cover fit question

I have the old 300 2.8 L USM (the NON-IS) lens, and my question is - does the E-145C lens cover currently on sale for the 300 2.8L IS2 fit on my lens? Based on the numbers, the E-145C might fit but have a somewhat loose fit on my 300 2.8 NON-IS lens. Anyone tried? EF 300 2.8 L - lens cap...
  3. M

EF 300mm 2.8L auto-focus issue

I just picked up a 300 2.8L original non-IS version for a super-steal of a deal at an estate sale. When using it with my 40D everything is great but when I try my 6D I can get amazing fast auto-focus in full-auto mode and in the other auto's like "sports mode" etc. But I can't get auto-focus...
  4. M

300-4L or 70-200-2.8L with extender?

What do you guys think? I use a 6D and I need a 300mm, should I get the 300 F4L IS or just add an extender to my 70-200 2.8L IS? And if you say extender should I get the 1.4x or the 2x? Obviously I'd love the 300 2.8 but the price means I'll most likely never get to buy it!
  5. M

70-200 2.8L IS - making noises when IS on

My 70-200 IS (mark I) has started making lightly funny noises with the IS on. Like a sort of moving part and then clicking into place noise. Everything still works fine but I'm concerned there could be trouble on the horizon. With the IS disabled the noise obviously isn't there. Is this a...
  6. M

50 1.4 dropped, no AF or MF

I had my 50 1.4 in a soft canon bag and sadly dropped it on concrete at a gig the other night. upon looking at it everything looked Ok, but I could hear a little movement inside. I put it on my camera (6D) and got a couple of shots that seem like the glass inside is Ok but I could get no AF...