Search results

1. dancan

Laowa FFII 10mm F2.8 coming soon

Sharpness in corners was so bad, I just couldn't believe it. I tried a second copy which was the same! I tried to get in touch with Laowa but even this did not work. As I already wrote the Sigma Art 12-24 is pretty good in the corners, the Canon 10-20 is superb!!!
  2. dancan

Laowa FFII 10mm F2.8 coming soon

I am done with Laowa in general! I tested the 2,8 Zero D 12mm for my Canon R5 and it was a nightmare in comparison with the Sigma Art 12-24. Meanwhile I am absolutely happy with the new 10-20 from Canon which saves so much weight and is even sharper!
  3. dancan

The first review of the Canon RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM is here

I am so happy that I will hopefully have this lens in a few days! I was working with the Sigma Art 12-24 which performed good enough but was really heavy. Will trade in the Sigma and the EF 4,0/ 16-35 and reduce my collection. As far as usability of UWA is concerned: as a pro I like to have...
  4. dancan

Here is the Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM

Am I the only one who can't see these "doomed" messages any more?
  5. dancan

The Canon EOS ‘R5s’ may be in the hands of testers [CR2]

I did make a very, very fast comparison with these two cameras with the TSE 17: IQ was not that much different despite an improvement in the shadows. However, I am curious what you will find out, Keith!!
  6. dancan

This is likely Canon’s lens roadmap for 2020

Well, every extension of the RF setup is welcome! Personally I would really like to see new TS-E lenses like a new 17mm and finally the 35mm. I know I have to wait...............wait...............wait...........
  7. dancan

Canon EOS R5 launch price will be below $4000 USD [CR3]

Thats right, a prize under 3500 EUR including VAT is a (sweet) dream
  8. dancan

Major Canon announcements coming in June & July [CR3]

I am pretty sure Canon will tell you the prize before ordering. Perhaps even the specs and if the camera really exists.
  9. dancan

Wireless file transmitter for the Canon EOS R5 appears for certification

OK, just a little more car talk: I show you the R4. No pics of R3 yet, neither Renault nor Canon...
  10. dancan

Wireless file transmitter for the Canon EOS R5 appears for certification

I feel the same but I keep my spirit high with the already existing R5;)
  11. dancan

Canon EOS R5 pricing is still unknown, don’t believe the reports [CR0]

The most important thing is: what IQ do we get for how much money?
  12. dancan

SIGMA to make a major RF mount announcement in the near future [CR1]

Everything what finally finds its way on the shelves is warmly welcome.
  13. dancan

Two more EOS R bodies are coming in 2021 [CR2]

This makes much sense and from the two bodies (R1 and Rs) the Rs is even more urgent.
  14. dancan

Canon announces more mind blowing specs for the Canon EOS R5

Despite of all the hype, I would be patient and wait how the camera will perform in real life photography. Personally I am not very much interested in video specs, I would like to see best DR and overall photo performance. Hope Canon put their R5-knowledge in a more photo orientated higher MP...
  15. dancan

Counting down my five favorite Canon digital cameras ever. Coming in at #4…..

If I look at old 5D filed in the archive I am still surprised how good they are! However I upgraded to MII and then MIV.
  16. dancan

Patent: Canon RF 85mm f/1.8 Macro, Canon RF 100mm f/2.8 & Canon EF-M 100mm f/2

I want to see the lenses, not just the one which make me change...
  17. dancan

Canon RF 85mm f/2 IS STM in the pipeline [CR1]

Good idea. I still use EF system and would only change if more options are on the table. Would like many RF lenses instead of using the adaptor. So a RF 4,0/ 70-200 is also welcome. And furthermore everything with TS.
  18. dancan

Deal: Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro $399 (Reg $499)

OK, this prize is amazing! My quick research delivers something around 1800 EUR. So where exactly did you find the 1299 with the 35mm lens??