Search results

1. R

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

Nice. Did you come up with that alone, or the other genius bringing up Gaza helped?
  2. R

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

Well, I'd say I have a privileged life but I'm still furious most of the time. ;) It's interesting though how people tend to react on my feelings and not the opinion. You could have said you appreciate AI and can't wait to see what it will do. Or maybe agree with me on that it's most probably...
  3. R

Shouldn't I? Can't I? Please tell me how you would like me to feel and how to phrase my feelings.
  4. R

I'm absolutely devastated. - No higher resolution - AI bullshitting - Subscription rip-off I made the EF -> RF switch last summer temporarily using an R7 and a serious value of RF lenses and planning to buy the R5m2 latest Q1 2024 as was hoped...even now I might need to reconsider switching...
  5. R

Two previously rumoured lenses have appeared in a recent patent

I'm happy for almost every development (maybe less for APS-C bodies). I just wish for a 135/2 or 150/2 macro, L or non-L I don't even care. And I mean proper 1:1 macro ofc.
  6. R

Opinion: EOS-M transition that never was

Two opinions. 1) Although I like your logic and would love to think the same way but I believe we are pretty wrong. Most people buying M gear and probably RF-S in the future are not photographers, they are not thinking and planning the way you/we do, there's no such logic and consideration...
  7. R

New type of teleconverter coming from Canon alongside a Supertelephoto zoom

Make it compatible with 70-200 and 100-500 and I'll say respect.
  8. R

Are two cameras going to replace the Canon EOS R5? [CR]

Nice one. :) Kind of a troll comment tho. 5DS was a side model, not in the direct line of the 5 series. Even if it was, you'd be wrong coz it would had been followed by the 30MP 5d4, not the R5. 5DS is a branch of 5d3 with no predecessor and successor.
  9. R

Haha, OK , u got me there. Still, I hold my point I think it's basically valid.
  10. R

Eye-controlled AF is coming to more EOS R cameras, but you’ll have to be patient

It's been working absolutely well in 2000 even on cheap EOS 30 film bodies. Just why did it disappear????
  11. R

Absolutely impossible. There has never been a 5 series upgrade without considerable resolution increase. Plus, Sony has 60MP since 2019 and 50MP@30 FPS since Jan(!) 2021. Canon should announce R5m2 60MP@20 FPS, 10MP EVF and seriously better AF TODAY and even that would be too late. (And the R3...
  12. R

I'd much more prefer a 24-120/4 like Nikon has.
  13. R

No! Just no. Please no! Not again. :( I want the return of the times of the 1Ds where the flagship camera had the best resolution and best AF. Now without the mechanical shutter it could also be the fastest (as in FPS) with decreased resolution. I really hate this artificial market where...
  14. R

Canon will announce the RF 16mm f/2.8 and RF 100-400mm next

The 100-500 pretty much has a 100-400 bulit in ;) Could it be a 100-400/4 or what's the point? A 100-400 with a builtin 2X would be seriously awesome ;)
  15. R

There may be as many as three RF mount APS-C cameras on the horizon [CR1]

Why is it so hard to see that Canon's vision for the future, their direction in development, creation of product lines, etc affects everyone? Btw macro photography was exactly one of the fields where I felt a huge positive change when I switched from crop to FF and I was using all kinds of...
  16. R

Well...what can I say...I disagree with almost every sentence but all I could do is repeat myself. The introduction of crop sensors was purely economical decision to overcome production challenges 20+ years ago and had nothing to do with photography itself, meaning it was not developed to gain...
  17. R

I don't think R is going to have a successor. It was an introductory camera to the RF system, wasn't meant to be part of any line that's why it's just an R, no number. Why the RP is not called R10 is beyond me. The ways of the Japanese are just unpredictable. :) I definitely don't want Canon to...
  18. R

Birders, birders, birders. Always the birders. Since there's not a single other application that is worth mentioning. And even that is not correct, maybe the term "amature birders" would do. I do nature photography (birds included) for 20 years now and know quite some professionals, even a world...
  19. R

I don't think so. People are given the choice backed up by serious marketing and they take it. My personal bet for going with APS-C RF would something like attracting more amatures with low price pays off on the long run coz they will end up buying RF lenses, upgrade to FF bodies, etc. Btw my...