Search results

1. Proscribo

Update: The Canon EOS R3 will be officially announced on June 29th

Uhh we can't really know which "gen" of stacked sensor it is unless Canon tells us. Yeah it's a Canon first, but if it is similar to the latest large Sony stacked sensors calling it "1st gen" is kinda misleading. If I had to guess then I'd say it's probably slower to read than a1 but since it...
  2. Proscribo

More features and specifications for the Canon EOS R3 have emerged

Uh, no. There are exactly 0 UHS-III cards available, and the same stands for SD Express. And by the way, SD Express requires new cards too, unless you're fine with all your existing cards running at UHS-I speeds at maximum. So when CF Express is arguably better, why not go straight for that.
  3. Proscribo

Canon Announces That The Powerful Professional Full-Frame EOS R3 Mirrorless Camera Is On Its Way

I think you're underestimating the size of the 1DX. It is absolutely ridiculously huge. It is no wonder those who want small (not just smaller) are amazed by A9/A1, when the other option is this.
  4. Proscribo

What will Canon bring to the table with the EOS R1?

Pros did fine with 1/60s* scanning shutters a long ago and now the a1 electronic shutter does full sensor scan in 1/200s* while 1DX III does it in 1/300s* with mechanical shutter, so I'd say while faster is better we have already reached the point of diminishing returns for majority of...
  5. Proscribo

This is the Canon RF lens roadmap

It can take 1.4x or 2.0x teleconverter. ;)
  6. Proscribo

How does the mechanical shutter work in a mirrorless camera (e.g. EOS R5)

Line by line is enough if it is faster than the mechanical shutter (those are around 1/200-1/300s), if it is easier than implementing a global shutter. Tho you'd want one mechanical curtain to be left in there for dark frames.
  7. Proscribo

What’s next from Canon?

The mirror already is translucent. The AF module sits below the mirror box and there is second mirror behind the main one. Question just is can DPAF work with that amount of light.
  8. Proscribo

What’s next from Canon?

Why not?
  9. Proscribo

What’s next from Canon?

How much light goes to the AF sensor on a typical DSLR? What if you just ditched the separate AF module altogether and used the image sensor for AF, the 1DXIII already uses a CMOS sensor in place of the more traditional line sensor.
  10. Proscribo

Here are more specifications for the Canon EOS R5

Would be about time to see that in every body costing over 2000$.
  11. Proscribo

Here are some new lens images and early pricing

So you are the one with the one and only accurately focusing EF 50mm f/1.4!
  12. Proscribo

There are still surprises in store for the Canon EOS R5 announcement [CR2]

Actually you probably mean nothing to gain in high ISO shadow noise, as with an ISO invariant sensor you could just use base ISO through the whole range and have base ISO dynamic range all the way to "ISO102400" or whatever the marketing team wants to put out. ;)
  13. Proscribo

Yeah DGO is different in that it uses both gains at the same time by reading the separate halves of the pixel with different gains. Could be that Canon didn't want to risk 1DX's release schedule by designing it with a DGO sensor and so opted for a more proven design. At the very least this is...
  14. Proscribo

Yeah you could extend the dynamic range that way, but it would not make "20.000 iso that look like they were shot at 6.400 iso today". Sony and its sensors have dual gain too (similar to BMPCC), and it does help a bit but just a bit (less than a stop). The noise introduced by the camera is so...
  15. Proscribo

No, no, and no. Vast majority of the noise at high ISOs is the result from the natural noisiness of light itself https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shot_noise, nothing you can do about that*. *Assuming conventional bayer (or similar) sensors.
  16. Proscribo

12 megapixel quad pixel sensor (essentially a quad bayer -like sensor), R6's 20MP doesn't sound so little anymore does it.
  17. Proscribo

Canon will do a Livestream for the EOS R5 and EOS R6 official announcement [CR2]

This has mostly been a limitation of DSLRs as their AF systems have so little light to work with (and I think they need larger cone anyway). Sony's A9 does fine(ish?) at f/13 for example. Anyhow not believing until I see that they work with every lens. Those protrusions haven't been there just...
  18. Proscribo

Canon EOS R5 pricing in Europe may have leaked [CR2]

What are you talking about? o_O
  19. Proscribo

Canon EOS R5 pricing in Europe may have leaked [CR2]

Yet they can give a rough euro pricing. :unsure:
  20. Proscribo

Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6 and new lens SKU and kit information

There is no room. https://www.canon-europe.com/pro/stories/rf-70-200mm-f2-8l-is-usm-lens-developers-interview/