Search results

1. N

Here are a few images of the upcoming Zeiss Otus 100mm f/1.4

What's the point of releasing a 100mm f/1.4 otus when there is already an 85mm f/1.4 otus?
  2. N

24-70 f2.8 II - Is play in the lens barrel normal?

When I zoom to 50mm and grab the front part that extends there is a tiny amount, but definitely much less than 1 mm. Just to be sure, you can have it checked by an authorized repair center. Some types of damage can give more damage if not repaired.
  3. N

Sony E to Canon EF adapter with dust blocker inside - suggestions needed

I have a Sony a6300 and Sony a7r iii. Both bodies are mainly used for extreme macro studio work, where sensor dust is a nightmare due to streaks in postprocessing stacks. To overcome this, I have obtained a Kipon EOS NEX adapter, glued a filter ring inside and attached a 43mm UV filter (7 second...
  4. N

Yongnuo Smart adapter question

Attached is a picture of the Yongnuo Canon EF to Sony E Smart Adapter. Does anyone knows if it is possible to glue a filter adapter ring onto the part marked in red in the picture? I'd like to get this adapter if it is indeed possible so I can attach UV/ND/polarizer filters behind the EF lens :)
  5. N

Closing/opening aperture blades on lens without adapter

I use a Kipon adapter for my Sony camera because it has space to glue a uv filter ring adapter inside. I attached a uv filter so the sensor is sealed from dust and the adapter permanently attached to my camera. Dust is an annoying issue with high magnification photography and this keeps the...
  6. N

Closing/opening aperture blades on lens without adapter

Old lenses have an aperture ring so one can always move the aperture blades manually. All modern Canon(mount) lenses only have lens contacts. Would it somehow be possible to use those contacts to set the aperture blades of a lens to a chosen f-stop without using a camera body?
  7. N

Novoflex EOS/NIK-NT + Nikkor-Q 200mm f/4

The lens is the non-AI version of Nikkor 200mm f/4, but I think it has been converted because the guy whom I bought it from has successfully used the lens on a D5200.
  8. N

Not sure since I have next to no knowledge on Nikon. I have used this adapter in the past on a Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 for Nikon. I bought that Zeiss lens used together with the adapter and have exchanged that lens for one with a Canon mount and kept the adapter :) Now I have acquired the...
  9. N

Thanks for the tip :) However, I already knew that. When I try to rotate the adapter, there's a "hard stop" in both directions and I don't want to force it. I have had other stiff adapters and this feels different.
  10. N

I'm trying to mount the Novoflex EOS/NIK-NT adapter to my Nikkor-Q 200mm f/4 lens. I can press the adapter against the lens, but it doesn't rotate. I tried with the blue adapter lever in various positions and also with the lens aperture ring at f/4 and at f/32, but there's no difference. Any...
  11. N

LR: unique arw's seen as duplicate during import

Something strange is happening here: I shot multiple focus stacks in arw format with a sony a6300 (on silent shot mode) . I shot tethered so files end up directly on my harddisk. When I try to import them (by clicking import and selecting the correct folder), a small number of files (< 1%) is...
  12. N

Traveller tripod: asking for advice

I like my current Gitzo GT3542XLS a lot. It is rock stable, but also 72cm and 3.1 kg folded-in. For bike-trips and long walks I am looking for a compact tripod that lightweight, easy to carry on a bike and still quite stable. Preferably it has the ability to reverse the center column so you can...
  13. N

Sigma 135 f/1.8 art - AF consistency

I just pulled the trigger and ordered from Amazon Germany because I live in The Netherlands and they offer a really good price at the moment. :)
  14. N

I was thinking about that. However, based on other lenses IS does tend to give some resolution decrease for fast primes. I think the new 85 1.4 IS from Canon is slightly less sharp than the Sigma 85 art and if you switch on VC on the Tamron 85 1.8 you also get some sharpness reduction (although...
  15. N

First of all: Happy new year to everyone! I have the Zeiss 135 f/2 classic and recently sold my Canon 135 f/2 because the sharpness is so disappointing compared to my Zeiss lens. However, a 135 with AF next to my Zeiss is welcome so I'm looking into the 135 art from Sigma. Some years ago, I...
  16. N

5Ds R: Which S-Type Focusing Screen to choose?

Then what's the technical reason that the screen is so much darker with any focusing screen other than the origional?
  17. N

I haven't noticed before and curious enough, I tested it immediately. Wow, what a difference :o Since I also use the camera quite a lot in low-light situations, I decided to keep the original screen and no longer change it because with no battery the viewfinder is unworkable dark.
  18. N

He has succesfully swapped a screen in two 5D3's of mine and I'm pretty sure he knows what he is talking about.
  19. N

For my new 5Ds R, I ordered the 5Ds / 5Ds R S-type screen from focusingscreen.com. Although I am aware that replacement of the standard screen is quite easy, I really do prefer to have it done by a professional. Unfortunately, the professional concluded that the screen is too thick and that it...
  20. N

Macphun Starts Holiday Sale on Aurora HDR 2018 for Windows & MacOS

Re: Macphun Starts Holiday Sale on Aurora HDR 2018 for Windows & MacOS Thanks! I ordered and the coupon code works :)