Search results

1. N

Sony E to Canon EF adapter with dust blocker inside - suggestions needed

I have a Sony a6300 and Sony a7r iii. Both bodies are mainly used for extreme macro studio work, where sensor dust is a nightmare due to streaks in postprocessing stacks. To overcome this, I have obtained a Kipon EOS NEX adapter, glued a filter ring inside and attached a 43mm UV filter (7 second...
  2. N

Yongnuo Smart adapter question

Attached is a picture of the Yongnuo Canon EF to Sony E Smart Adapter. Does anyone knows if it is possible to glue a filter adapter ring onto the part marked in red in the picture? I'd like to get this adapter if it is indeed possible so I can attach UV/ND/polarizer filters behind the EF lens :)
  3. N

Closing/opening aperture blades on lens without adapter

Old lenses have an aperture ring so one can always move the aperture blades manually. All modern Canon(mount) lenses only have lens contacts. Would it somehow be possible to use those contacts to set the aperture blades of a lens to a chosen f-stop without using a camera body?
  4. N

Novoflex EOS/NIK-NT + Nikkor-Q 200mm f/4

I'm trying to mount the Novoflex EOS/NIK-NT adapter to my Nikkor-Q 200mm f/4 lens. I can press the adapter against the lens, but it doesn't rotate. I tried with the blue adapter lever in various positions and also with the lens aperture ring at f/4 and at f/32, but there's no difference. Any...
  5. N

LR: unique arw's seen as duplicate during import

Something strange is happening here: I shot multiple focus stacks in arw format with a sony a6300 (on silent shot mode) . I shot tethered so files end up directly on my harddisk. When I try to import them (by clicking import and selecting the correct folder), a small number of files (< 1%) is...
  6. N

Traveller tripod: asking for advice

I like my current Gitzo GT3542XLS a lot. It is rock stable, but also 72cm and 3.1 kg folded-in. For bike-trips and long walks I am looking for a compact tripod that lightweight, easy to carry on a bike and still quite stable. Preferably it has the ability to reverse the center column so you can...
  7. N

Sigma 135 f/1.8 art - AF consistency

First of all: Happy new year to everyone! I have the Zeiss 135 f/2 classic and recently sold my Canon 135 f/2 because the sharpness is so disappointing compared to my Zeiss lens. However, a 135 with AF next to my Zeiss is welcome so I'm looking into the 135 art from Sigma. Some years ago, I...
  8. N

5Ds R: Which S-Type Focusing Screen to choose?

For my new 5Ds R, I ordered the 5Ds / 5Ds R S-type screen from focusingscreen.com. Although I am aware that replacement of the standard screen is quite easy, I really do prefer to have it done by a professional. Unfortunately, the professional concluded that the screen is too thick and that it...
  9. N

Which software for video editing?

I'm building & installing a new windows 10 pc for my father. I never shoot video, but he occacisonally does shoot in 4K with his 1D X II (birds). What software would you recommend for simple editing these shots? For example adding some background music, cutting a scene, make a fade-in...
  10. N

Delay a pulse to fire a speedlite

Since there's quite some photography knowledge here, I like to give it a go in the hope someone has a clever answer to my problem ;D I have the StackShot Macro Rail and have recently bought a Sony a6300 next to my canon gear, just because it has silent mode so I can do lots of extreem macro...
  11. N

UniWB - ETTR - how to check difference raw&jpg clipping?

I managed to set UniWB on my 5Ds R and would like to see how big the exposure difference between jpg clipping and raw clipping is. Strangely, images that seem to clip a lot on the camera (only green) show a histogram which hardly clips (both raw & the internal jpg extracted using...
  12. N

FoCaL: need to remove camera license - help needed

On reikan.co.uk I can click on login and scroll down to "Advanced License Information". There are 5 registered bodies and I can select a serial number, press backspace to make the field blanc, click the checkbox before: Then I get: I need to calibrate my lenses on my new 5Ds R because I have...
  13. N

AFMA on Zeiss ZE (manual focus) lenses: how?

Is it possible to do a focus calibration of Zeiss manual focus lenses? Would it be possible to shoot test images with different AFMA settings and then load them in focal to get a focus curve? I'm asking because it would be nice if the green dot would mean you have proper focus. Especially wide...
  14. N

Dropped 600mm f/4 => send for checkup or not?

My father's Canon 600mm f/4L IS II USM was mounted on a 7D II on a Gitzo tripod. Suddenly, the tripod tipped over from a wind blow. The 7D II hit stones and the left mounting point for the camera strap is now bent against the side of the body. He doesn't care, as he only uses a Spider handstrap...
  15. N

View raw files inside archive?

I shoot a lot of stacks with many frames and although I do want to keep the original CR2 files for possible reprocessing in the future, I don't need to have them all just on my harddrive. I like to modify the metadata of the raw's as well (such as add lensinfo for lenses without electronics)...
  16. N

Trapped dust after modification: opinion & advice needed

In October 2016, I sent my 6D to a (what I thought was a respected) company for full-spectrum modification. A day or two after arrival, I took some test shots and went shooting some landscapes for a few hours. Since I have been very busy finishing my PhD thesis, I only quickly looked at them and...
  17. N

Looking into Gitzo GT3542XLS tripod

I am looking into getting an additional tripod. Reason: my current Gitzo only reaches about 150 cm, which is often not enough for portraits or landscape photography. A Dutch store has a 15% discount on all Gitzo tripods until Wednesday and the only Gitzo tripod they have for sale which can be...
  18. N

Adobe Photography Plan UK deal (or not!)

Great Deal ;D CC on Amazon.co.uk I contacted Adobe to make sure I can use this code after my current voucher expires in Sep 2017. They said: yes. However, Amazon.co.uk says: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United Kingdom. Their reaction: Why is there...
  19. N

Map Utility: select multiple images for tagging

Here's the thing: sometimes I do macro stacking *very* close to the ground and I can't have my GPS tagger on the hotshoe as my camera is hanging upside down on my tripod with the hotshoe tuching the ground. Afterwards, I make a single image with the GP-E2 attached, just for the GPS coordinates...
  20. N

2 x 5D III with same lens and FW: AFMicroAdj stored only in one *weird*

I was manually tuning a Tamron 85 SP f/1.8 because I got a really weird curve from FoCal and wasn't trusting it. So I was taking pictures of the Spyder LensCal at different MicroAdjustmentValues and than later, on my PC checking the values with ExifToolGUI. To my big surprise: the body where...