Search results

1. Ozarker

Totally not a camera question.

Does anyone know if there is a sensor for the topography of temperature in bodies of water? I have no idea what the proper terms would be. I don't mean a thermometer, but something that can map it in 3D over a wide area as though it is terrain. I might be wrong to assume submarines on the open...
  2. Ozarker

DEAL! Canon RF 100mm Macro f/2.8

It looks like the Canon USA store is giving an instant $400 rebate, pushing the price down to $999. https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/rf100mm-f2-8-l-macro-is-usm?color=Black&type=New You find it in stock for that price here...
  3. Ozarker

The fisherboy R, Tamron 45mm

4. Ozarker

What would you do?

Well, it looks like I'll finally be able to start getting RF lenses next year. 1 per year. I've just about decided to get the 28-70 for the sake of versatility. I already have 5 various 135mm lenses and other manual lenses. It just seems the 28-70 will be a good starting point for me... like it...
  5. Ozarker

My favorite boy.

My favorite boy. Kindergarten starts in just over three months. I know this photo looks posed, but it wasn't. It just happened that way. He's the reason I keep going. Canon R, EF 135mm f/2L, no flash.
  6. Ozarker

I'm scaring you, papa.

7. Ozarker

Spiderman

Canon R, EF 135mm f/2L, flash.
  8. Ozarker

Which viewing mode is your screen set at?

I am no technical genius, and pretty much ignorant of a lot. I have been using my monitor (ASUS) in scenery mode for years. Today I accidentally bumped a spot under the edge of my monitor and switched it to sRGB. The photos look terrible (huge loss in saturation and contrast). Of course, I...
  9. Ozarker

Takumar Portraits

Well, the move from Texas to Arkansas is done. The Ozarks are absolutely beautiful. Anyway, I took my Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 28mm f/3.5 and my Takumar 105mm f/2.8 out for a spin on the R. Haven't dragged the flash out yet.
  10. Ozarker

Beautiful Boy

Taken on my R and with the RF 50mm f/1.2L before having to sell.
  11. Ozarker

Tonight's Blue Moon

Canon EOS R and a Mamiya Sekor 400mm f/6.3 preset lens hand held. Focus Peaking turned on.
  12. Ozarker

Nice L Bracket for the R

I've been wanting to get an L bracket for my R, but don't want to spend a lot for an accessory like that. I'm a member of a Canon R Facebook group and one of the members mentioned this one that he got from ebay for $17...
  13. Ozarker

Dream Lens List

Well, the pandemic really derailed things for me. I had the RF 28-70 f/2, 50 f/1.2, 85 f/1.2. I even had the RF 24-105mm f/4L IS at one time. I was partway towards my goal and had a huge setback. I now own zero RF lenses. My dream list remains the same: RF 14-28mm f/2L RF 28-70mm f/2L RF...
  14. Ozarker

To vignette, or not to vignette.

There are lots of people who don't like vignette in a photo. While we probably don't like it in every photo, how do you feel about vignetting in general for specific types of photos? Do you have examples of your own work where you are surprised a vignette works so well? What about examples where...
  15. Ozarker

EF 135mm f/2L with extender?

I know the extenders will work with the 135L, but I am specifically asking whether anyone has used the 1.4ex with the 135L. I had the 2x a few years back and used it on my 400mm and 70-200 but was disappointed. From what I have read I understand that the 1.4ex is sharper? Anyone try this combo...
  16. Ozarker

R5 8k video recording options.

https://www.eoshd.com/news/here-are-the-canon-eos-r5-8k-video-recording-options/?fbclid=IwAR1JMlYkDgVKcYjHxj0npnHNgnYAZm9lIJ8vVxI99mUNkTbzrv-Z3s-Gj1g
  17. Ozarker

Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L going away?

I noticed today that the EF 400mm f/5.6L is no longer available at Adorama or the Canon store. It seems B&H still has it. Is it going away? Anybody heard?
  18. Ozarker

Mr. Chips

Well, it seems it is still very difficult to book any sessions right now. I've had to sell both my RF 28-70 and 50. I got the Tamron SP 45mm Di VC USD to tide me over and have been getting used to it the past few days. It is a real value at $399 via Adorama right now.
  19. Ozarker

Going back into video for fun.

As my grandson is starting to get older (3) I have been toying with the idea of making and editing video with my EOS R. To get decent audio I'll need a mic. I also want a cage. I might, eventually, add an Atmos recorder. Maybe even an LED video light I can also mount on the cage for indoors. I...
  20. Ozarker

Need a few tips. ;)

I took the following photo of my grandson using my R and a Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4. I did create a preset in light room, but after I got over to photoshop I did even more tweaking. I am very happy with the result. I saved the photo and then exited lightroom and photoshop. Is there any way I...