Search results

1. B

Patent: Canon speedbooster for EOS M

Are you willing to sacrifice performance to get a more compact body? because I sure as hell am not, and making it much smaller would mean sacrificing features. Can you fit dual card slots in an M sized body? Probably not. That was a major complaint about the EOS-R, and I can't see them...
  2. B

The 7d series aint no bantam-weight. It's a heavyweight performer that needs a heavyweight body to match. The fact that you keep lumping it in with the xxD series makes me question whether you really understand the purpose of the 7d series.
  3. B

Why would you want it to be an M mount to begin with? There is very little M glass available, and none of it is L series equivalent.
  4. B

You have to consider the major design challenges with making a 7d series M camera. They would have to resign literally the entire camera from the ground up to meet the features available on the 7d just for that camera. If Canon is indeed comitted to making the switch from DSLR to mirrorless...
  5. B

See, this is where we disagree. I have a 7dmk2, and I love the larger size of it. It's much more solid and feels better in the hand. Plus if need be I could beat a man to death with it. I don't want a small camera, I want a big, heavy camera. But I can't afford the 1d series, so...
  6. B

Ever seen the 7d series? Large, heavy, crop-sensor cameras. It gives you better balance and stability when you have large, heavy lenses on them. Throw an EOS-M body on a 400mm f/2.8 and it'll be very front-heavy and unwieldy.
  7. B

Just because they've pattened it now doesn't mean it's coming out any time soon. Patents give us insight into their planning for the future.
  8. B

How many EOS-M bodies have a magnesium chassis? How many of them have weather sealing? How many have both? The EOS-M series is not a professional series of cameras, it's a toy built for soccer moms. The final evolution from the powershot series. There are too many professional APS-C shooters out...
  9. B

Could also be a possibility for an APS-C EOS-R camera. The R mount has a flange distance of 20mm, the M 18mm. So if they designed it for the R, all they would have to do is swap out the mount and add 2mm for the M.
  10. B

Kickstarter: Universal Lens Cap 2.0 – The Only Lens Cap for Every Camera.

I've never had a lens cap pop off in transit, nor have I ever lost one, nor have I ever had my camera in any environment where the lens cap was inadequate protection. And for the price of ONE of yours, I can get 30 normal lens caps. Any situation in which your lens cap is worth the cost is not...
  11. B

Kickstarter: Universal Lens Cap 2.0 – The Only Lens Cap for Every Camera.

A lens cap that requires two hands to secure is not a good design.
  12. B

Flagship EOS R camera coming in February ahead of CP+? [CR1]

The split between high res cameras and the rest isn't just about FPS. Lower megapixel count also allows for better low-light performance, ala the A7s.
  13. B

Is there an EOS R series camera with an APS-C sensor coming? [CR1]

Great in theory, terrible in practice. Can't use autofocus to pre-focus on something unless you have something to pre-focus on that is also the exact distance away. There are too many situations in which manual focus is necessary to simply eliminate it.
  14. B

Is there an EOS R series camera with an APS-C sensor coming? [CR1]

I would like a mirrorless 7d style camera please and thank you.
  15. B

Canon EOS 7D Mark III to Have Slight Crop in 4K [CR2]

As a 7dmk2 shooter, I genuinely wouldn't care if the 7dmk3 didn't shoot video at all.
  16. B

Canon W-E1 Camera Compatibility & Specifications

If the price is right, I'll get one.
  17. B

Review - Do You Need or Want 50mp? Canon EOS 5DS R

Do I "need" 50mp? No. Do I "want" 50mp? Yes. It would be cool, I just can't justify it.
  18. B

Canon Cinema EOS C700 Coming in 2016 [CR3]

The C100mk1 was out for 2 years. The C100mk2 has only been out a year and a half. We'll likely see a C500 replacement before a C100mk3.
  19. B

Canon Responds to Rebel T6i/T6s Sensor Issue With Service Advisory

Why did they introduce a new sensor in the Rebel series of cameras? Why not just use the same 20.2MP APS-C sensor they use in the 7dmk2 and 70d?
  20. B

Canon Responds to Rebel T6i/T6s Sensor Issue With Service Advisory

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the T6i/T6s use a Sony sensor?