Search results

1. P

Canon Announces EF 16-35 f/2.8L III & EF 24-105 f/4L IS II

Canon Japan has samples of the 16-35 III wide open with 100% corner samples. I've seen plenty of shots from the Tamron 15-30 and I think the Canon is a bit better wide open at widest FL in the corners. We'll have to wait and see if the coma is as good as the Tamron though.
  2. P

Canon Announces the EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR

Micro Adjust seems like it is for adjusting the sharpness in the image to select masked areas, using the data from the DP files to know exactly where is in focus and where is not. All the language seems to point to this being the function. NOT a micro focus adjustment in post. Still very...
  3. P

More Specifications & Images of EOS 5D Mark IV

My bad. Useful info still though. :)
  4. P

Looks like it isn't going to be announced/released? until the 8th according to Nokishi ta Edit: smartphone issues. ;(
  5. P

EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II Images & Specifications

Re: EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II Images & Specifications OK, I get that this is a breading ground for people who like to argue for the sake of arguing, but geez. At least argue things that are actually being discussed. Landscape photography = architectural photography Not...
  6. P

EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USD Pricing

Re: EF 16-35mm f/2.8L IS III & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USD Pricing The 16-35 better be optically perfect for that price! And I thought the previous version was overpriced... Yikes! Canon doesn't seem to always like increasing the size. weight, and cost of their lenses for the newer versions...
  7. P

True. Sony sensors are already limited mostly by shot noise and not readout noise. The only gain we could hope for is a true ISO 25 or 50 setting. The D810 is close to that and works well for added DR to the images.
  8. P

Re: EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II Images & Specifications Landscape photography topic here! :) I was only referencing landscape photography, as that is all I know. Of course a CPL is pretty much a required item for architecture. I do appreciate your knowledge and expertise...
  9. P

Re: EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II Images & Specifications Actually, there were a few people who were mounting the 14-24 on their Canon cameras long before the D800 came around. The D800, just made it easier to use the lens. I had a 14-24 and a D800E. Beside the crackerjack box...
  10. P

Re: EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II Images & Specifications Actually, for many water shots, you can get away with not using a CPL. I actually showed how to do this in my last round of imaging tutorials for landscape photography. It's a bit of work, but the results actually look...
  11. P

Re: EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II Images & Specifications The 11-24 is an incredible lens with outstanding image quality. No argument there. Although it is f4 and extremely heavy, which doesn't lend well to versatility. 14mm is already pushing what is looking good for...
  12. P

Imagine if the DPRAW files allowed for enough focus adjustment in post that it could cover any imprecision of the AF system? That would be huge for a camera system like EOS. That would be far more useful for saving shots than 14+ EV of DR. Whatever it is, I await the creativity of the "Canon...
  13. P

Which backpack to use for better back support?

For men (not so much women), it's important to keep your hamstrings a bit loose and do back strengthening exercises like squats. I've learned a lot about back mechanics since being partially paralyzed from the waist down several years ago. I had to rebuild my whole body from the ground up to get...
  14. P

Re: EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III & EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II Images & Specifications Sad they went with 9 blades on the new 16-35 III. :( The old 7 blade design produced the best sun stars of any lens ever made, seriously. This was a golden treat for people shooting landscapes with the version II. On...
  15. P

Master of Photography - photo tv contest

What's funny, is that even the judges are probably not in on "it" either. The producers know exactly what they are doing and what is going on, but I don't think the judges are on that level. They probably think they were picked because of they excellence in photography (they actually suck really...
  16. P

A Bit of EOS 5D Mark IV & EOS 7D Mark II Information [CR2]

LoL. That Sidekick is coming back, just you see...
  17. P

Master of Photography - photo tv contest

Man, I just barfed a little in my mouth watching the trailer video for that show. I already get a sense that the judges are much like the douchey judges you see on some cooking shows, like Chopped. Incredibly inflated sense of self worth and importance. Like, yeah, your fancy piece of cooked...
  18. P

Eos 1DxII comparison with Nikon D5

Apologies to Rishi and DPR. Apparently several CR members are professional camera reviewers and have produced nothing but flawless reviews with no bias. There are some seriously smart people here, which why I am confused as to the "pick a sports team and run with it like an idiot" mentality...
  19. P

Fuji Medium Format is coming

To be honest. I have never owned or even used a MF camera (Polaroid counts as MF though doesn't it? ;)). If I had money burning my pocket, I would get one for $2K just to play with a MF camera. On the other hand though, I've been going backwards in time and technology with my gear. 5D to 6D to...
  20. P

Fuji Medium Format is coming

I wonder how well the enthusiast market would take a Fuji MF ML camera. Would they understand that a "slower" lens aperture is actually not so slow when total light gathering and DOF of the larger sensor are taken into account? Seems like there are many photographers out there who think a f2.8...