Search results

1. P

Canon 80D RAW files available for download. DR improved.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-80d/canon-80dA7.HTM Someone over at FM analyzed the files and found the low ISO DR is far better than the 7D2. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1419472
  2. P

Pentax DFA* 70-200mm: The best 70-200 yet?

A guy over at DPR has already been using the new Pentax DFA* 70-200mm. Although he isn't using it on a FF K1 yet, it looks to be really impressive. Seems to have the sharpness of the Canon vII IS and the bokeh quality of the Nikon vII VR combined in one lens. It will be interesting to see how...
  3. P

This has me tempted to try a Sony A7 camera. :)

There is a lens adapter being made that allows for drop-in filters on Sony A7 cameras. If I put a Nikon 14-24 on there, I could use filters without having to carry a huge and clunky front filter kit. The weight saving of the entire camera would come down by a large margin. Very tempting to look...
  4. P

Is it safe to put a "charged" battery back into the charger?

It seems with my Canon 6D and previous bodies that used the larger LPE6 batteries, I could fully charge the battery to a green light, pull it out, put it in several days later, and it would take only a few seconds before showing a green light again. I've noticed something about my Canon T1i...
  5. P

Sony a6100 and a7000 specs show up. Very cool!

A6100 and A7000: 28 MP BSI 23.5x15.6mm 399 PDAF Updated CDAF routines Low-light focusing and metering -3 EV EVF Touchscreen LCD, 3.15", 1.2M screen dots ISO 64-51200 (expansion L1: ISO 50, expansion H1: 102400, multi-frame NR: ISO 204800) Silent electronic shutter up to 1/32000 Mic-in...
  6. P

Canon 11-24L f4 resolution test now up on TDP

The Digital Picture now has the 11-24 up. I am really impressed at how it looks wide open at 11mm. When stopped down, it's crazy sharp! The distortion looks about the same as the Nikon 14-24, which is around 4%. Pretty good considering it's 11mm! :) What do you guys think? Better or worse than...
  7. P

Check your 11-24L for decentering!

I've been looking at many sample photos from the 11-24 at 11mm. So far I have spotted some copies with poor centering at 11mm. At $3000, you should be demanding perfect performance. Here is one example. If I am incorrect about my observation, please let me know. Check the lower corners. On a...
  8. P

A Bunch of Landscapes

Instead of posting different threads, I will just use this one to share some of the landscape photos I have taken over the years. My style is to pioneer new shots in new locations and also new shots in locations that have been photographed to death. I can't afford to travel to fancy places, so I...
  9. P

5Ds 5Dsr 11-24 Prices revealed

Canon EOS 5Ds: €3,499 (around $4,000) Canon EOS 5Ds R (no low-pass filter): €3,699 (around $4,200) Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM: €2,999 (around $3,400) Expect the US prices to be lower. Source http://photorumors.com/2015/02/04/canon-eos-5ds-and-ef-11-24mm-f4l-usm-prices-revealed/
  10. P

Canon's Lineup Restructuring?

With the release of the new 5D models, and the competition from the D750, I think Canon is going to make the following moves. The next Canon Rebel will move slightly up market in terms of price, and way up in terms of features. A top LCD, wheel lock, and rear wheel are pretty big pluses that...