Search results

1. gmon750

Canon EOS R5 Firmware v2.0.0 Released

Not sure what your expectations are. I upgraded to the R5 from my 5DM3 two years ago. It is superior in every way to my 5DM3. Maybe your expectations a a bit high?
  2. gmon750

Canon not going global shutter with next round of EOS R camera bodies

Folks (trolls) like you really are good at contaminating a discussion. You make it sound like this global-shutter announcement suddenly makes all prior cameras obsolete and inoperable. That somehow all photos taken with other cameras are no longer viable in quality. That is absolutely not the...
  3. gmon750

Canon EOS R5 Mark II going to 60mp? [CR1]

60MP is getting silly. As an R5 owner, 45 - even when I crop - is way more than sufficient. Going to those high MP levels is only catering to those spec-whores that think the only path to a better photo is more megapixels. Keep it at 45MP, drop the thermals down more, and if I must ask for...
  4. gmon750

It’s time to fill those memory cards. Canon releases firmware v1.8.1 for the Canon EOS R5. 400mp stills are now possible

I bought my R5 knowing the specs, and capabilities at the time I purchased it and so far has performed superbly from purchase, and after several firmware updates. I understand that modern mirrorless cameras are more computers than optical cameras like dSLR's and it's primarily software which...
  5. gmon750

It’s time to fill those memory cards. Canon releases firmware v1.8.1 for the Canon EOS R5. 400mp stills are now possible

Wow... the downers in this thread... Seems like they were expecting the firmware to update their R5 to an R1. Go figure. My R5 was an incredible camera before the firmware. You folks might want to consider that your bar may be set a wee bit high.
  6. gmon750

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II coming in Q2, 2023? [CR2]

I'm about 1 year into my new R5. Absolutely love it. I bought it for underwater photography and the underwater housing costs as much (or more) than the camera body. I would be very irked if Canon includes dual CFExpress slots as that was one the one key complaint I have about my R5. It...
  7. gmon750

Canon EOS R6 Mark II already in prototype testing [CR1]

I don't understand the point of this. Of course every current camera that Canon has released has some next-gen version on the drawing board, or maybe even designed/built and being tested. It means that even in a pandemic with supply-chain challenges, it's great that Canon is continuing on with...
  8. gmon750

Canon EOS R3 and Canon EOS R5 to receive new firmware next week

Not sure why you wouldn't want to. I bought my R5 last December and I've upgraded the firmware each and every time, which was quite a few. Haven't had any issues. It's to your benefit to keep the firmware current. With the R5 being so new, I'm sure there were half-baked functions and...
  9. gmon750

Canon is gearing up to finally release a high megapixel camera with 100+ megapixels [CR3]

Storage manufacturers are salivating at the prospect of selling more disk storage to those new owners of extreme megapixel cameras. I just upgraded to an R5 (from a 5DM3) and going from 22MP to 45MP, and faster frame rates has seen my disk usage explode. I can only imaging what a 100MP image...
  10. gmon750

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R3

COVID put my R5 purchase on hold, and now I find myself eyeballing this R3. I'm tentatively excited about this camera as from a body-perspective, has what I'm looking for. Now waiting to see what Canon's official description of the internals and performance... and of course, I hope the price...
  11. gmon750

Let’s talk about the Canon EOS R3 [CR2]

I wasn't quite convinced that the R5 would be the camera that would have me taking the leap to mirrorless. The R3 though might be the one. Very excited to see what this bad boy can do.
  12. gmon750

Here is the Canon EOS R3

Now this gets interesting. Maybe this is meant to fall between the R1 and R5? It's making me feel better that I waited. I like the R5, but feel it's not quite baked enough. Maybe the end of 2021 will have me retiring my trusty 5DM3.
  13. gmon750

Confirmed, a Canon EOS R5c is going to be announced this year [CR3]

I agree with you on that. It still doesn't mean that 8K is (or should be) the primary focus of the R5. Some folks here on this thread are really having issues accepting that. Whether it's Sony, Canon, or someone other company but I think 8K will be better on next-generation CPU's that what...
  14. gmon750

There is no magical one-size-fits-all camera. Many people purchased the R5 to do stills photography, and that is its primary strength. It added 8K video more as a side-benefit, but a certain segment had too high an expectation. 8K is NOT a 2021 camera feature. That you say it is does not...
  15. gmon750

As an underwater photography, I was going to purchase the R5 but COVID put a hold on that since I'm not traveling anywhere or doing anything that would warrant a pricey investment of an R5, and the very expensive underwater housing for it. So I patiently wait and continue using my trusty 5DM3...
  16. gmon750

Many R5 owners couldn't care less about the video "issues" with the R5. There hasn't been any real issues with the heating issues lately with the R5 right? Just media sites fishing for clickbait and Canon-haters looking to stir the pot.
  17. gmon750

Here are some crazy Canon EOS R1 specifications [CR0]

The pricing for the R5 was not too far away from the equivalent 5D. I would expect the R1 to be in the same ballpark as the 1DX. I'm not buying the pricing. It seems too high. I few hundred dollars maybe, but not thousands. If it were priced similar to the 1DX, even I would consider it.
  18. gmon750

Adobe reports record Q4 and fiscal 2020 revenue

Are you saying that freelancers should not have to pay for software that helps them make money?
  19. gmon750

Canon USA confirms employees past and present affected by the August ransomware attack

Yes... one company a friend of mine worked at got hit by ransomeware. It was a really bad one. Their data was inaccessible for weeks, and refused to make it public for obvious reasons. Live in ignorance I suppose.
  20. gmon750

Canon USA confirms employees past and present affected by the August ransomware attack

This has nothing to do with cloud storage. It was internal data, stored on Canon's own internal servers. Typical ransomware means that a user's PC was compromised in some way, and their attached network drives were attacked and encrypted. If anything, if they were using a cloud service like...