Search results

1. R

The first SIGMA RF lens arrives in July, more in Q4 of 2024

Now that the embargo has been broken, bring on the Art lenses!
  2. R

Canon RF 24mm f/1.4L USM and RF 50mm f/1.4L USM coming in Q4 as part of a "hybrid family" of L prime lenses

It seems there are about three of us that want a native Canon RF fast UWA that handles coma well. I Have the Sigma Art 24mm f1.4 and 14mm f1.8 EF mounts and use them both quite a bit for astro. I would willingly replace both with Canon RF offerings but it seems Canon has never taken the astro...
  3. R

Canon releases a full frame 19MP Global shutter sensor to Market

I have neither the depth of knowledge or skills to replicate much less understand much of what you did with this comparison but I appreciate your dedication and insights. I have been a lifelong Canon user and find myself so heavily invested in glass that whenever I flirt with the idea of a...
  4. R

Canon Patent Application: Ultra-wide RF 14-20mm F2.0

100% agreed! I would be an early buyer of this lens For sure. I would replace my Sigma 14 and 21 mm lenses for Astro if the corners were solid.
  5. R

DJI Updates the Action 2 Modular Action Camera Combos

Having just dipped my toe into the world of DJI (I acquired an Air 3 drone) I can honestly say I am amazed at what DJI is doing in the realm of video and photography. The capabilities of taking 4K/60 video and 48MP shots (granted a bit of a gimmick) from a 2 pound drone that can fly for 35...
  6. R

There are at least 3 more PowerZoom lenses coming [CR3]

Not sure if it would qualify as a “power zoom” but still hoping for a fast ultra wide in the 10-24 to 12-24 f2.8 range. Some day.
  7. R

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

I am right there with you Dan. I moved from the 5DSR to the R5 and settled for the step back in resolution in exchange for the increase in some other capabilities. An R5II with same resolution does nothing for me and would be very disappointing. Given Nikon and Sony’s offerings with...
  8. R

Canon RF 200-500mm f/4L IS USM delayed to the second half of 2024

I will be in the market and given that timing will now have time to clear some inventory of existing lenses and save up a bit for the purchase. Not a burning need but one I hope to serve a few purposes. Biggest question for me will be weight and effectiveness with extenders. I already have...
  9. R

High-resolution EOS R Camera, Where are you?

Seeing what landscape photographers can do with the Fuji GFXs 100 MP when cropping is quite nice. You are able to crop to effectively a pano ratio and still be working with 40-50 MPs which then support printing large. I know this is a niche use case and the Fuji sensors are quite a bit larger...
  10. R

Report: Canon to launch 4 fast L prime lenses in the first half of 2024

If that 14 mm f 1.4 has good control in the corners I would be happy for Astro. I would then add the 15-35 to replace my 16-35 EF lens and add the 24-105 f2.8. Can wait to hear if the rumor is real and how the new lens performs.
  11. R

The RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z won’t be the last RF PowerZoom lens

Can’t remember if the 200-500mm was a rumor or pre-announcement. That could be the super zoom but that would be pretty long for a videographer I assume.
  12. R

Opinion: Canon’s mounting woes

Sigma 14mm f 1.8 Art, Sigma 14mm f1.4 Art, Sigma 14-24 f2.8 Art, Sigma 20 mm f1.4 Art And I could go on. Canon has never served the astro market and the best options were always third party lenses. I will continue to adapt my EF lenses but it would be nice if Canon opened the RF standard to...
  13. R

There are jints of a version II of a current RF lens coming in 2024 [CR2]

Agree on the 100-500L. The only zooming from 300-500 significantly limits the flexibility of the lens and field mounting the extender is a pain or untenable in some conditions. I have also been underwhelmed by my version of the 100-500 L even though most rave about the sharpness. And the...
  14. R

Shimoda Designs Explore 60 Backpack $119 (Reg $319)

The one thing I will say about this pack is that it is loud. Makes a ton on noise when you wear it. Don’t use it much as a result.
  15. R

Canon officially announces the long rumored RF mount Cinema Prime Lens set

I am all in on the 20mm F1.4 and anything wider and fast (14mm F1.8 would do). Alternatively, a good 14-24mm F2.8 would also fit the bill. Canon has never served this end of the lens lineup very well and good alternatives were always available from Samyang, Rokinon and Sigma. I really wish...
  16. R

There will be “a lot” of new RF mount lenses from Canon between now and March 2024

Still hoping for the killer astro Canon L lens. UWA Prime or zoom (10mm to 14mm and could zoom to 24) and f2.8 or faster. Good coma control and little to no CA. Doubt it will happen, but one can dream!
  17. R

There will be “a lot” of new RF mount lenses from Canon between now and March 2024

That’s what she said. :cool::ROFLMAO:
  18. R

Canon RF 200-500mm f/4L IS USM update [CR2]

This lens with a zoom teleconverter would be the ultimate jack of all trades big white. Heavy, but in many circumstances (sports, safari, birding, dunes, intimate landscapes, etc.) would be well worth it for the flexibility. I would love this lens for dune shots! Super expensive but depending...
  19. R

Sigma will launch 2 RF mount lenses to start [CR1]

Agreed. The 14mm f1.8 is my most used Sigma lens and one of my favorites for the R5. Great astro lens and a good landscape lens as well.
  20. R

Canon EOS R5 Mark II to arrive before EOS R1? [CR2]

Agreed. Was really hoping for this early this year but I guess we will wait awhile longer. Bob