Search results

1. Sibir Lupus

Here are a few Canon EOS R10 specifications [CR3]

It is with regards to making the R camera replacements the same small size of the M series cameras. But that doesn't seem to be a concern with Canon even though there's still a sizable market for smaller mirrorless cameras like the M50 and M200.
  2. Sibir Lupus

Here are a few Canon EOS R10 specifications [CR3]

This sounds more like the successor to the M50 based on the rumored specs and naming convention. An Rxxx name would equate to something more along the lines of the M200 (smaller body with little to no front grip, no EVF, etc).
  3. Sibir Lupus

Canon EOS R7 specifications [CR3]

Sounds like the M5 Mark II many M series owners have been waiting a long time for..........
  4. Sibir Lupus

Canon has discontinued the Canon EOS M6 Mark II

Not all of them did. The M and M2 used EOS menus and software.
  5. Sibir Lupus

Canon claims top share of press cameras used at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020

It's not irrelevant, its just not something everyone needs. The R3 and R1 both look to be a revivals to the 1D and 1Ds cameras of the past, with the R3 filling in the roll of the 1D (lower resolution, high burst rate shooting) and R1 filling in the roll of the 1Ds (high resolution, lower high...
  6. Sibir Lupus

Oh I know, I just wanted to see their answer hehe :).
  7. Sibir Lupus

And since when has the entire internet been right about anything? :P We know the R3 was never designed to go up against Sony and Nikon's flagship cameras. Canon still has the upcoming R1.
  8. Sibir Lupus

The Canon EOS R3 shows up for more certifications

So says you. CanonRumors has been far more accurate over the years with the rumored specifications of upcoming products then most other photography rumor sites (looking at you SonyAlpha Rumors). And rumors are only as good as Canon's inability to keep specifications from leaking ahead of a...
  9. Sibir Lupus

There is still discussion internally at Canon about an APS-C EOS R camera

You've clearly never used a later model EF-M camera. Yes, the original EOS M stumbled out of the gate, and the product line was readjusted when the EOS M3 was launched. The M50, M5, and M6 Mark II are very capable cameras for what they were designed for, and lenses like the 22mm F/2, 32mm...
  10. Sibir Lupus

Industry News: Sony FX3 leaks ahead of an official announcement

As would I, but I doubt that will ever happen. With the rumored C50, I'm sure a PL or RF mount option will be the choices for that upcoming cinema camera.
  11. Sibir Lupus

Industry News: Sony FX3 leaks ahead of an official announcement

Looks like an extra thick M6 Mark II :P. Good on Sony to create an new form factor to their cinema line. Curious to see how much this will cost, and if the extra thick body will help with heat buildup.
  12. Sibir Lupus

Canon Celebrates Significant Milestone with Production of 150 Million Interchangeable RF And EF Lenses

A huge milestone indeed! :) Though I find it odd that they're not including EF-M lenses in the count, as I do see Cinema EOS lenses (which come in either PL or EF mount) in the photo.
  13. Sibir Lupus

There will be an EOS M/EF-M announcement this year [CR1]

Hope so! The EOS M system could do with some constant F/2.8 zoom lenses :).
  14. Sibir Lupus

There will be an EOS M/EF-M announcement this year [CR1]

Interesting news, and I can't wait to see what this new direction is! If it means an M5 Mark II with a DIGIC 8 or X processor, IBIS, and Animal Eye AF, then I'm all for it! :)
  15. Sibir Lupus

It looks like 2021 will be the last year for the EOS M lineup [CR2]

Wrong on so many levels :). If Canon didn't care about it, they wouldn't be keeping it going up until this point. And seeing as it's been an incredibly popular camera line in many markets shows that it was developed and marketed properly. Yes, it did have a big misstep when first launched in...
  16. Sibir Lupus

The EF-M 22mm f/2 and EF-M 32mm f/1.4 are incredible little lenses for the money :). Lightweight, tack sharp, and great bokeh. Though I do wish Canon had updated the EF-M 15-45mm lens to make it a bit sharper in the corners.
  17. Sibir Lupus

Truly upsetting if this is what Canon is doing. I just don't understand the marketing decision though seeing as no RF mount camera will ever be as small or as low of cost as an M200 for an entry level camera. Heck, it was discussed a while back that the EF-M system was going to replace the Rebel...
  18. Sibir Lupus

Patent: Canon shows off a new approach to the modern shutter button

You're very much proving that you are new here......