Search results

1. B

Canon Designs a 24-Inch Large-Format Printer for Anywhere

That is some expensive ink. About a buck a milliliter. My 44" epson ink runs about half that per ml. Must be why the printer is so cheap. This sounds great for restaurants and offices that need occasional posters, but 4 color systems are kinda puny in terms of getting good color.
  2. B

Canon’s Imaging Unit Grew, Profits Shrunk on Costs, ‘Various Measures’ Coming

Thanks for the kind words @ISv :-). By now hopefully you've realized that my comment came before the one you referenced, so...no there wasn't an "already"...and well...yes, I was mistaken as to the lens the CR writer was vaguely referring to (I thought the comment was more general), and was...
  3. B

Thanks for the clarification. Still a surprisingly snarky comment.
  4. B

"Of course, one such measure could be charging $17,000 for a lens." Such a random snarky comment from someone at this site. Perhaps the new writers at CR should learn a little bit about the market for high end cinema zooms, Canon's history in that market, and what competitors charge for large...
  5. B

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R5 C

This I agree with...as a proud owner of a GFX100, coming from a Hasselblad H5d...I can say my approach to medium format is completely different today than it was a few years ago, largely because of that systems IBIS...being able to handhold a MF 100mp camera at 1/5 of a second almost feels like...
  6. B

Yeah. You're right. Photography without IBIS? Who would even try? Recipe for Disaster. Fools Errand. Lost Cause. Imagine me, shooting for clients for over 30 years. If they only knew about the lack of IBIS on every camera I've owned (except the current one, a GFX100) they certainly would have...
  7. B

Absolutely wrong I think. It's pretty obvious there was a reason to remove IBIS. That being heat. Given that they had to re-engineer this camera specifically around heat dissipation, there's a very obvious issue with IBIS, as it limits the size and functionality of any heat sink attached to the...
  8. B

Nikon officially announces the Nikon Z 9, and it’s a remarkable $5499

I think Nikon sees their window to grab back some market share. Lots of folks not yet converted to mirrorless, especially in the Pro Sector...Canon and Sony have been pushing the cost of everything up, up, up...Nikon comes out with some of the best specs yet and kicks the price point down. I...
  9. B

Behind the scenes at Canon’s CPS facility at the Tokyo Olympics

Canon Sensor Cleaning machine = Rebadged Dyson Glory Hole.
  10. B

Canon USA officially announces the Canon Cinema EOS C70

Yeah...but. For folks with cinema primes (me) ...or wanting a "full frame" look, and no crop from their EF glass (also me) it's a big deal. As for Raw...it's a "sort of high end" feature. Raw actually is a lot easier to process than a compressed codec, and the c200 has been sitting out there...
  11. B

A bit of a refresher on what’s next from Canon

uh...this. Is this what I hope it is? I thought such a thing wasn't possible, so maybe not. Can you explain, Mr. Canonrumors Guy? User interchangeable RF mount for Cinema EOS cameras
  12. B

Canon USA officially announces the Canon Cinema EOS C70

Looks like a nice offering. The lens adapter is potentially a game changer. Less money than I expected. Wish it had raw./ cfexpress.
  13. B

Go ad-free and more by becoming a Canon Rumors PRO.

agree. I’m happy to pony up. But those mosquito ad videos are serious garbage, and I think aren’t good for any site. They discourage traffic. CR has become almost unusable on IOS mobile lately...
  14. B

8K Cinema RAW Light coming to the EOS R5 confirmed by Apple?

Not completely true. DJI’s X7 writes PRR internally. My guess, beyond that, Apple and Red, and Canon all have patents that they share Or license. Canon and Red apparently worked out their differences for the C500 II.. even the IDX III and R5 would seem to violate Red’s Raw patent. Either money...
  15. B

The Canon Cinema EOS C70 is in the wild [CR2]

I'm not sure where it's been "stated the sensor is the c-300-2" other than a previous rumors which may or may not be this camera. As for the Lower priced $3299 model being the C200 sensor...well that would be a deal...as the C200 and C300II share the same sensor. It will be interesting to see...
  16. B

The Canon Cinema EOS C70 is in the wild [CR2]

This is sounds to me a lot like an R6 + cooling, minus weatherproofing. Still questioning s35... I think it will be full frame. Not sure ND would fit in a chubby DSLR sized body, but maybe canon has electronic nd in the works. Would explain the r-series overheating.. canon has resisted hybrids...
  17. B

Rumored RF mount Cinema camera specifications [CR2]

There’s just too much about this that smells. RF camera with super 35 sensor. Smaller than 1dx3, but internal optical ND. (Tell me how that fits). No internal raw? Priced well below anything in the cinema lineup. 4 year old sensor? When Canon produces an RF cinema camera, it will be full...
  18. B

Industry News: AP Photographers will only shoot with Sony gear going forward

Sony decided it wanted a prestigious sponsorship, and so they made AP an offer they couldn't refuse. Reminds me of the Kodak/Fuji wars leading up to the LA Olympics (Fuji beat out the yellow box for the rights to the 84 Olympics, so Kodak sponsored the US team, and bought all the broadcast...
  19. B

New Expansion Unit thread disappeared?

except it doesn't look like "extra" XLR, but "all" the XLR (4) ...(I'd be very surprised to see 6 channels of audio on a video camera). Wish I'd screenshotted the originals...I didn't see all the angles.
  20. B

New Expansion Unit thread disappeared?

Ha...I had a very astute comment all cued up and the article on a new Expansion Unit just disappeared...poof. Oh well...you heard it here first....From a functionality perspective, this would appear to be an "EU-V2" for the C300MkIII, as the functionality looks to be about the same as the...