Search results

1. C

Canon announces the VIXIA HF G50 4K UHD Video Camcorder

I'm actually surprised to see that they put 4k in a camera at this price point. A few years go I left Canon for Sony video cameras who were providing comparable features (if not more) for less money. Video cameras have a valid place, especially where the optical zoom is a huge plus. They...
  2. C

Here are Some XF400/XF405 Specifications [CR3]

While I had previously used the Canon line up previously, when the XF series was originally introduced I felt they were good but over priced compared to what else was available on the market. The XF 400 is nothing more than the evolution of the older XA10 and 20 models. I do hope that the new...
  3. C

Announcement: Canon XC10, A Breakthrough Compact 4K Video and Stills Camcorder

I am happy to see the XC10. It is a first generation camera and is stepping in the right direction. I recently commented that I felt that the XA20 and G30 would be the last "traditional" videos I would invest in. Obviously we'll learn more in the coming weeks, but I am intrigued.
  4. C

Canon 4K Camera Makes an Appearance

I remember starting out in the business and one of my first cameras was a Canon GL1. At that time, that camera was impressive at its price point and there was a lot less choices to choose from. Today pretty much any camera system will get the job done, allowing for a variety of budgets...
  5. C

Canon 4K Camera Makes an Appearance

While we wait for the official announcement at NAB we will learn more, I agree with Ebrahim. This camera, may very fit very well in the run in gun, uncontrolled live event market. Until the dual pixel technology came out, the DSLR's had some BIG draw backs and I can simplify that by saying you...
  6. C

Official: Preorder the Canon EOS Rebel T6i & Rebel T6s

Re: Official: Preorder the Canon EOS Rebel T6i & Rebel T6s I recently made the decision to buy a new camera this year. I know there are differences, but to me the T6i and it's specs questions how relevant the 70D is now, especially for video capture. For photography, I'd spend the extra money...