Search results

1. T

Interview: Understanding the Canon EOS R

I love Canon Camera and esp its EF lens, its color science, ease of use etc ... and you are probably right that at its (Canon EOS R) price point in comparison to others, it should at least par with Nikon Z6 /Sony A7iii to make it attractive for those who want to try this camera with the EF...
  2. T

POLL? How many are preordering the EOS R?

Did he disagree to my assumption?
  3. T

I hope this one is the best seller of the year. Pre-orders are thru' the roof... If not, Canon is in the right direction in this FF mirrorless. Btw, you can draw whatever map you want and shove it up your ... / Thank you kindly.
  4. T

I don't work for Sony. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
  5. T

I did not state that it is an absolute requirement of the forefront for photography. Are you're saying people like yourself is okay paying a newer phone(2018) with a camera that is 2 megapixel. Our argument is why Canon spec in crippled features 4K (1.7) while competitors are offering full 4K...
  6. T

The 2 sticking points from what I read is lack of full 4 K and IBIS. If these 2 features are there, Canon would have sent a message to their competitors that they are still at the forefront of photography. Too bad at $2300 US, a little steep in price with features lacking in today's consumers'...
  7. T

Preorder: You can now preorder the Canon EOS R system and other new Canon gear

I have 3 EF lens. Question - Would you go for the basic adapter or the one with control ring (slightly more expensive)? Your thoughts?
  8. T

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

Alas, I think it is in the right step for a mirrorless FF with an adapter for my EF Canon lens. I think I will buy one. Canon should match its pricing same as Nikon Z6 and Sony A7iii. It is a little tag high when you have to add the adpater to use your lens + taxes. Canon sure know how to...
  9. T

This is what we know Canon will be announcing for Photokina

As always Canon wait to evaluate what competitors are offering. This time Nikon is offering Z6 for just under $2,000. Canon - say What? Again we do not know yet how good is Z6 or Z7.... It will be interesting to see if Canon can compete and OFFER better specs for the same pricing. OR if they...
  10. T

Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Talk [CR1]

"R" - Retrofit / Redesign / Remodel / Redundant : Hopefully they do not tweak minor spec changes in a different body.
  11. T

Tony Northrup: I Made a Mistake: The Canon EOS 6D Mark II is the BEST Vlogging Camera. Seriously.

It all depends whether you are okay to spend at this price point close to $2,000 + Cdn for a "Vlog" camera and okay with its other mediocre specs.
  12. T

CANON VS SONY A7III

Wow - where did you get that assumption ? I do not let internet reviewer dictate to my decision to buy or not to buy. If they do have that power over me, I must be one Peking "lemming" deserved to be served on the table. With the specs of A7iii camera, test or rent it to see one likes it and...
  13. T

CANON VS SONY A7III

14. T

CANON VS SONY A7III

Several decades ..haha try 39 years ago... Probably having one too many peking ducks causing indigestion. Still in denial that Sony A7iii outranks Canon 6D mk ii specwise (still & video) with respect to price when 6D mk ii first launched.
  15. T

The TIPA and EISA Award Winners Have Been Announced

I know. - Guessing FWIW ? Perhaps they shld asked neuroanotomist for his opinions.
  16. T

Canon Full Frame Mirrorless is Definitely Coming, and The Wait Won't Be as Long as We Thought

I am one not to wait till next year and anticipate what will be coming and whether my L lens will be good on this Canon FF mirrorless. My 60D is about to retire and vacation is on the horizon. Remember not too long ago alot of anticipation went into 6D mk ii but it was a let down. While the...
  17. T

Canon Announces the EOS Rebel 4000D, The Cheapest DSLR Ever? Will Come to North America as the EOS R

Re: Canon Announces the EOS Rebel 4000D, The Cheapest DSLR Ever? Will Come to North America as the E "The Cheapest DSLR ever" - does that mean figuratively or dollar cents or both...? Some of the current phones have better specs for its camera. I would think the mellenials would want a very...
  18. T

Here's the Canon EOS 4000D, A New Entry Level DSLR

Simplified innovation? Can't wait for its launch. Beautiful, affordable, nostalgic. Nice color. Keep up the good work ! ;) .
  19. T

Poll Added: Here's Why Canon Doesn't Need to Innovate, But it Should

From the discussion, it seems to be people are not satisfy with current Canon execution on their "innovation". In the prosumer and professional category, hypothetically let's assume that 33% are not happy with Canon lackluster or crippling innovation. And that of that 33% half of them decided to...