Search results

1. K

Updated: Scammed: The X-Tra battery campaign on Kickstarter

Did he, or was it just lifted? If they are scamming, why would they be concerned about getting approval for use of the image?
  2. K

Counting down my five favorite Canon digital cameras ever. Coming in at #2…..

It should be the 1D III, as that is what Craig has mentioned throughout the series of posts. I used a 1D II prior to 5D II. I would still rank the 1 as a better camera.
  3. K

Counting down my five favorite Canon digital cameras ever. Coming in at #5…..

1st got an AE1 in '79 followed by a T70 about '85.... went out of photography to a great extent during the '90's but a couple of Sony's (a Mavica about '97 and then a F505 circa 2000) got me back into it. 1sr DLSR was the 300D (aka Rebel) in Nov. '03, followed by a 1D Mkii (Nov 04), then 5D Mkii...
  4. K

A Canon camera has shown up for certification

I was thinking the same, as that would also allow the TC-80N3.
  5. K

Samyang to release an AF 14mm f/2.8 for the RF mount

I guess that it is called an "AF 14mm f/2.8 " could suggest it has AF?
  6. K

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

This is excellent news.... having gone 300D, 1D ii, 5D ii, and then 5D iv (and the latter being the best of those for AF), another increment would be great.
  7. K

What’s next from Canon?

An extrapolation of the sensor in the 90D / M6MkII gets to 83Mpixels....
  8. K

An APS-C sensor equipped EOS R camera mentioned again [CR1]

Why crop in camera when it is easy to crop in whatever software is used in computer. I would suggest the later cropping is done is better....
  9. K

Patent: Anti static coating for RF lenses

Or use a normal DSLR where it is less of an issue?
  10. K

Patent: Canon RF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM

So with a distinct lack of thought coming with EF lens, will we ever see another DSLR body?
  11. K

Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III one of two “Big White Lenses” coming ahead of Photokina [CR3]

Perhaps the difference from MKII to MKIII is an Arca compatible foot?
  12. K

Announcements Coming The First Week of September [CR2]

Rubbish... one has a good smart phone (S8)... one has an excellent DSLR (5D4). I don't use the camera to make phone calls.. and the reverse option applies.
  13. K

Need a RAW Editor Recommendation

Agree completely... C1
  14. K

Are These The Next Canon Cameras To Be Announced? [CR1]

Apparently most of the people who comment on this forum have given up on Canon and, thus, presumably buy other product. Prior to the news release in respect of the 70~200 2.8L III, most were saying there could not be much to do in order to upgrade a damn fine lens. After the release there were...
  15. K

Sigma Releases New Firmware for Select Lenses, The Mount Converter and Flash

Why? So you have to return to servicing for an update to the firmware?
  16. K

A Little Bit More About the New 70-200mm Lenses That Are Coming [CR1]

Coming early June, announced next week? Friday?
  17. K

Patent: More Diffractive Optics Supertelephoto Formulas

Agree completely. The advantage of mirrorless is not reducing flange to sensor distance, it's about getting rid of the mirror. I still want a viewfinder, I don't care if 50 grams has been taken off the body weight when I am using the 300 f2.8.
  18. K

This patent covers the following: EF 200mm f/2 EF 400mm f/2.8 EF 800mm f/5.6
  19. K

Are these continued rumours of of various EF lenses a ruse by Canon to have the punters believe that FF mirrorless is not going elsewhere in terms of mount?
  20. K

Here are Some Interesting Lens Mentions We've Received [CR1]

One understands the new lens is a 50mm f1.2 L IS (with one 1.4 TC, and 3 x 2.0 TC's)....