Search results

1. -pekr-

Nikon to acquire RED and make it a subsidiary

This should not have happened and big miss on an oportunity for Canon imo. That gets Nikon to the league of ARRI and Sony, where imo Canon video cameras don't reach. If you think they do, show me a list of movies shot on Canon. Well, as far as a good fit, I think that RED would be a welcomed...
  2. -pekr-

Opinion: The USB-C DSLR problem isn’t as bad as you think

Apples to oranges comparison here? Does using different screws produce any environmnet problems you seems to indicate? Because those pesky charges do. I do remember owning several Nokia phones in the past, having all different chargers. If it would be on me, I would let the market decide, no...
  3. -pekr-

Opinion: The USB-C DSLR problem isn’t as bad as you think

I am kind of radical on this topic. USB-C is here since 2014, period. There was no point to release ANY Micro USB devices after 2020+. Yet Canon (Zoe, Selphy) and other manufactureres (Mikrotik, Raspberry) were continuing to release it. So really, WTF? Do those companies have any special...
  4. -pekr-

Canon is actively conducting market research on a “retro” style camera body

I would like to see something like M6 II, just with an in-built flash and viewfinder, plus FF. Sony did it with their A7C.
  5. -pekr-

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II is closer to a reality than Canon’s claims

R5 II without a stacked sensor is dead on arrival for us. We will soon add R6 II as a backup to our R5, which, is quaite good for us. Not even doing a video. So - a status quo upgrade to R5 (together with rumoured upcoming firmware improvements) really mean very low interest to sell our R5 and...
  6. -pekr-

Canon officially announces the EOS R100 and RF 28mm f/2.8 STM

Pretty much stupid argument, if for 20+ years, we are using Canons and we even removed Sigma / Tamron.. But sure - you can go and buy a Profoto light, even if all your studio lights are Elinchrom and your trigger will not trigger it. Go figure!
  7. -pekr-

Of course I will complain, as Canon will surely not produce a camera for my amusement. I don't want m6 II replacement being APS-C based, but FF instead. And it should sport a viewfinder too. And if you think it can't be done, here's one from Sony: And yes, I would pay a premium for such a...
  8. -pekr-

Yet another, boring, almost industinguishable camera from the others in the lineup, with seriously stripped down feature set. Where is our M6 II replacement form factor?
  9. -pekr-

More features coming to Canon EOS R5 in future firmware [CR2]

In fact, it is not tracking anything. It focuses on anything coming under your focus point, and that is the last thing I am insterested in. Even in such case, I would prefer to lock on certain object / aspect, and keep that in focus, whatever my framing is. AI Servo / Servo AF exists from...
  10. -pekr-

More features coming to Canon EOS R5 in future firmware [CR2]

I would be glad if Canon would fix their messy servo mode. While I like it how it works in a face detection mode, I really think, that for a single point, the servo mode, which refocuses instead of tracking, should have died with an advent of the MILC cameras.
  11. -pekr-

Canon Adds EOS R50 and EOS R8 to the Growing EOS R Mirrorless Camera System

Where's the m6 II continuation, when you need one? Also - could anyone please explain to me, the nomeclature mess? So R3, R5, R8 are full frame. Why the R7 is APS-C? Could not just Canon name it differently? R50 and R10 are APS-C, there's a zero in their name, but that could mean a "lesser"...
  12. -pekr-

Canon EOS R8 specifications

No IBIS, no buy, like - absolutly. Cameras without IBIS should not exist.
  13. -pekr-

The Canon EOS R8 will be announced at CP+ in February

Such camera form factor would be nice to have. It just needs to be FF, not APS-C. If Sony can do it with A7c, Canon should be able to do it as well. But of course, it would most probably mean a different price level.
  14. -pekr-

EOS R camera between EOS R7 and EOS R10 coming [CR3]

Canon, please, make something special for us loving retro design! I want m6 II successor, just with the viewfinder without a hump and being a full frame. Simply put - give us Sony A7C like camera. I don't care, how much it will cost ;-)
  15. -pekr-

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM and Canon Speedlite EL-5

Not even a stacked sensor? Also 4K for video is not enough - no space to crop in post and I don't care about an Atomos option. A big pass. So, the general notion of a potentially more expensive sensor instead of using the one from the R3, was not correct. Of course the relatively low price...
  16. -pekr-

Skylum to fulfill new vision for Luminar Neo with Extensions, including Noiseless AI, which is very cool

Ah, mighty Luminar. Because I was not able or willing to master PS for simple photo manipulation, I went thru many SW options - on1, Topaz, Nik collection, Zoner, Luminar and Exposure. I particularly liked on1 plugins, later on they have tried to do a RAW editor and first two years, I almost...
  17. -pekr-

Firmware: Canon EOS R5 v1.6.0 now available

Do we compare same things here? What if crop vs FF sensor means a different heat production characteristics?
  18. -pekr-

Canon will release an RF mount ‘vlogging’ camera in 2022 [CR3]

What if we just underestimate what Canon marketing speach reflects in "future upgrade" to the EOS-M line? Might it also mean its continuation in an RF APS-C form? To answer my own rhetoric question - size wise, they can still get smaler than even R10 and some smaller RF-S lens might appear. I...
  19. -pekr-

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R7, Canon EOS R10 and two new RF-S lenses

I think I just started to understand Canon's plan - they were fed-up with all of the we-are-missing-APS-C-RF-mount-camera complainers (myself included), so rushed 2 new cameras to the market. The plan was simple - let's release two disposable cameras, cause another 6DII like shitstorm, then...
  20. -pekr-

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R7, Canon EOS R10 and two new RF-S lenses

Just a thought re ergonomics. I am not shooting much lately, handed over the studio to my wife. But - I do remember my first few days with R5 compared to few years with 5D IV - I have simply found the joystick being too far top/left and had to stretch my thumb to reach it. Maybe that's the...