1. B

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R5

Look at the second to last photo. It appears there's a lock button on top
  2. B

Announcement details on the 1DX Mark III

Maybe it's the 11-24?? :rolleyes:
  3. B

Canon Third Quarter 2019 Financials

I'd preorder a high res mirrolrless or 5dsr replacement today if they announced it. My system is pushing 7yrs old and it's time for an upgrade. I'm really hoping Canon puts out some new cameras early next year. I don't want to look at other brands but if Canon keeps kicking the can down the road...
  4. B

More about the upcoming high-megapixel EOS R system camera [CR2]

The original 5DSR was announced in February 2015. Any guess on the likelihood of another February announcement?
  5. B

Patent: 83mp full-frame image sensor from Canon

That's the beauty of living where I do. I don't have to travel far to get to these locations (or at least the trailhead). Once again the odds of card failure are significantly higher than being robbed where I shoot.
  6. B

In the remote and wild landscapes that I shoot in, the odds of card failure are exponentially higher than being robbed.
  7. B

Aside from the above response (yes, I too have had cards fail) having dual card slots can be useful for high res (high file size) so you can keep shooting without having to swap cards in inclement weather. Granted you won't have back up in that circumstance but having the ability is nice.
  8. B

If this is true, as long as it has good weather sealing, dual cards, and similar DR to the 5D4 I'll buy it. I don't care if it has 4k or how many fps. For landscape this thing could be a dream.
  9. B

The upcoming RF mount wide angle f/2.8L zoom will be wider than 16mm [CR2]

If it can match or beat the legendary Nikon 14-24 for astro landscape photography I'll buy one instantly. The coma on the current 16-35 has been less than impressive.
  10. B

landscape/astro lansdscape lens advice.

Thank you all for your advice. I ended up Picking up the 16-35 F/4 and am working on getting the samyang. I was able to pick up a used but in perfect condition 16-35 f/4 locally for $775. I absolutely love that lens. Nancy that link was incredibly useful as well. Thank you all for your...
  11. B

landscape/astro lansdscape lens advice.

Hey I've been a long time reader of this website but finally decided to register because I need some lens advice. I do a lot of backpacking and try to keep my kit as minimal as possible. Im looking for a great landscape lens but also a fast lens for landscape astrophotography. I'm looking at the...