Search results

1. DanCarr

First leaked images of the upcoming Fujifilm X100VI

These are just photos of the X100V. It says X100V on the top of the camera. I think your sourced page was talking about other leaked images that are on FR.
  2. DanCarr

Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS coming on November 2, 2023

Why not? Sony and Nikon have (excellent) internal zoom (180)/200-600s for $2000. This lens is supposed to compete with those options.
  3. DanCarr

Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS coming on November 2, 2023

Hmm, not sure. But then I don’t know if the answer would help anyway. I think (with moderate certainty) that this lens will be white, yet it won’t be an L-series lens. So what canon has done in the past might not be entirely relevant. It should have some weather sealing.
  4. DanCarr

Canon announces the Canon RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM

That's an interesting insight regarding the patent! Well spotted!
  5. DanCarr

Canon announces the Canon RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM

In Canon's video, hosted by Rudy Winston, he states the lens features "both optical and digital corrections for linear and other distortions" as if this is a good thing. Well, it's a good thing for the size of the lens and the MSRP... They couldn't have gotten to those things without it...
  6. DanCarr

Canon announces the RF 800mm F5.6L IS USM and the RF 1200mm F8L IS USM

Thanks to those that posted the MTF in the thread! I was on my phone earlier when posting my comment, so it wasn't as easy to do. Came back to rectify it now and found I have been beaten to it. Nice spreadsheet, Tiggy. I REALLY wanted to be more excited about these lenses :(. Here's hoping for a...
  7. DanCarr

Canon announces the RF 800mm F5.6L IS USM and the RF 1200mm F8L IS USM

I had to go digging for it because Canon USA didn’t publish them, but eventually I found the lens designs on the Canon Japan website. They confirm that the 800mm is the same as the RF400mm with a few extra elements at the back. The 1200mm is just the Rf600mm with those same “doubler” elements at...
  8. DanCarr

Canon RF 1200mm Details Leak: Weighs only 0.25kg more than the RF 600mm f/4L IS USM

It says it uses the same “front section optical design as the 600mm f/4”. I’m sure we will find out that the 800mm uses the front section of the 400mm f/2.8. It even looks like it if you look at the photos. They seem to have stuck some sort of magnifying tube/2x TC onto both of them. Im...
  9. DanCarr

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

Sony a9 and a9 II both shot 6000x4000px, as did a bunch of their other 24mp cameras. This really isn't unusual.
  10. DanCarr

The EOS M lineup will be addressed later in 2020 [CR1]

Canon Rumors: hears brand new rumor. Canon Rumors: “This is a CR1 rumor so treat it accordingly” CanonWatch: “THIS IS DEFINITELY A THING THAT IS HAPPENING”
  11. DanCarr

Specifications and pricing for the Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS and Canon RF 24-70 f/2.8L IS

I was told this as well when I talked to The Camera Store. "RF lenses are not considered pro lenses" Then another store told me they only did discounts on L-series lenses and not RF lenses. I tried to explain that there are many L-series RF lenses already, but they just seemed confused and I...
  12. DanCarr

An RF super telephoto zoom on the way, likely in late 2020 [CR1]

Yeah I’d be happy with a 100-500 but a 200-500 would be a far more wildlife focussed lens than a 100-400. I use my 100-400 at the short end of the zoom a lot for mountain landscapes and it pairs really well with a 24-70 for a two lens kit. If it was an RF 200-500 I’d feel like I have to carry...
  13. DanCarr

Patent: 500mm and 600mm diffractive optic lenses

The odd thing about these is that they are actually listed as being physically longer than existing non-DO 500 and 600s.
  14. DanCarr

DO Lenses - Sharpness issues in the cold?

Yeah I'm sure that wasn't it. At the time that thought occurred to me and I checked.
  15. DanCarr

DO Lenses - Sharpness issues in the cold?

Last year on a very cold day (-30F) I had some issues with my 400mm f/4 DO II. I simply could not get a sharp shot. At the time I thought I must have dropped it earlier in the day without realizing it because everything was so soft and it looked like the lens was screwed. Strange thing is, when...
  16. DanCarr

Sigma to announce 5 new lenses shortly, including a new 70-200mm f/2.8 OS Sport & 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 OS Sport

Sorry, but this makes no sense. If you have the light for a fast enough shutter speed then simply having a 600mm focal length doesn't mean you have to use support. I just shot wildlife with 800mm from a moving zodiac and if you have the light, it's totally doable. There's no dark art to this...
  17. DanCarr

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

No, it's 8FPS with one-shot AF. If you use AI-servo it's 5fps at most in release priority (with a laundry list of options that will slow that down) and a paltry 3fps in tracking priority mode. This is a significant difference to a 5D Mark IV. To me that kind of difference in continuous shooting...
  18. DanCarr

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

Wow those continuous shooting speeds are a huge disappointment. Here's hoping for an EOS Rx pretty soon...
  19. DanCarr

Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III coming ahead of Photokina [CR3]

Yeah, that's also a possibility. Good thinking and here's hoping!
  20. DanCarr

Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III coming ahead of Photokina [CR3]

Yeah you definitely could be right. It's a shred of hope I'm going to cling onto all week :) The only thing about that theory is that it would take huge guts for Canon to say a DO version is the true successor to the MKII. DO optics get heavily scrutinized, particularly in the area of bokeh...