Search results

1. M

PS CS6: Why is filters / distortion / polar coordinates greyed out?

I am trying to create a circular pano but find that "filters / distortion / polar coordinates" is greyed out. Anyone know why? Is it an image size problem? I am on a iMac with High Sierra.
  2. M

Best Canary Island for photography?

Is there any of the Canary Islands that is better for landscape or other photography in November?
  3. M

Anyone using a PlutoTrigger for water drop photography?

Thanks for that. I didn't realise you had to buy extra items.
  4. M

Are we talking about the same product as I didn't think it was that expensive. https://plutotrigger.com/products/droplet-valve
  5. M

I am thinking of buying a PlutoTrigger for water drop images and would like to hear if anyone has used one and if they are any good. I cannot afford any of the more expensive types and thought this might do the job ok. Any advice appreciated. Thanks
  6. M

10 stopper, 2 stop nd grad, plus polariser. Polariser necessary?

I recently read an article where the author had used a 10 stopper, 2 stop nd grad and polariser filter for long exposure shots facing the evening sun. I have a 10 stopper and 2 stop nd grad but have never user a polariser with this config before. The set up procedure is enough to put you off...
  7. M

Fisheye lens: how to make a circular pano.

I have just bought a 8mm fisheye lens and seen images of round pano shots and wondered how this is done. If I shoot several images using the fisheye, will photoshop create a circular pano as opposed to a linear one from a normal wide angle lens? Edit: Just found this so will give it a try...
  8. M

Lightroom 5: No correct camera lens profile showing.

Lightroom 5: When trying to use the correct camera lens profile for some images I cannot because the only Tamron lens showing is the wrong one. I have checked my LR lens profiles and the correct one is there but I cannot make it show in lens corrections options. I am on Mac OSX. How do I make...
  9. M

Master slave flash anomaly?

"I know this is a "well what do you expect from cheap Chinese copies" situation, but frankly for about £50 I'm surprised they work as well as they do! And for £50 I can afford to use them in my mechanics shop for documentary type shots where I would hesitate to take expensive OEM flashes lest...
  10. M

Image Stabilization during back-button-focus

Interesting and informative.
  11. M

Tamron SP 85mm F1.8 Di VC USD to be Announced Next Week

Sounds good. I have 2 Tammy lenses and quite satisfied with them. I shall be having a look!
  12. M

Lee Super Stopper ND Filter

Sorry … can't get excited about a 15 stop filter. I find my 10 stopper adequate for all my long exposure scenarios. But then I might be missing something.
  13. M

How can I back up to a iPad mini?

How can I back up from a EOS 60D to a iPad mini? I am travelling abroad in June and want to keep backups on my iPad mini but don't know how. My camera download cable is Canon to USB but there is no USB connection on the iPad.