Search results

1. @!ex

Smallest capable speedlight for 5D m3

So I totally love my new 5D miii, but I have noticed that there are certain situations that I really miss a built in flash. I only really use it for extreme backlight portraits, as I normally much prefer natural light, but in certain cases flash is indispensable. I was just on vacation and I...
  2. @!ex

Alien Landscapes

Post your best otherworldly landscapes. This is one I just processed from a couple weeks ago... Life on Mars by @!ex, on Flickr
  3. @!ex

Put a link to your pictures in your footer!

I would just like to start a new trend on CR. I must admit that I am new here and don't want to step on any toes, that being said I often find people posting critiques and advice on here which is what this amazing space is for but I alway have this curiosity about the quality of their images...
  4. @!ex

Post your landscapes where animals play a major role...

I'll start with a couple I am currently working on from a vacation a few weeks ago. I only had a couple brief minutes to capture these shots as I was with my GF and her parents and we just happened to drive through this park as the sun was setting on two consecutive evenings. They all waited...
  5. @!ex

Kirk L-bracket 5Dmk3 (DIY pano head)

I just ordered a kirk L-bracket for my 5Dmk3 and on their website it says that it is a preorder. I'm going to call on monday and see when the ETA is, bt thought I would check here in the meantime to see if anyone has already talked to them...
  6. @!ex

Poll: 5Dmkiii top LCD malfunction

Just noticed this today while shooting with a friend. She was using exposure compensation a lot (the way she shoots, rather than meter locking she just leaves in it evaluative and uses EV comp, I know kind inefficient but thats another story, anywho...), and she kept wondering why the little...
  7. @!ex

Letter to Mr Rockwell in regards to his 5Dmkiii review

I sent this to him. This guy seriously bugs me. How can you write a review on something you don't even read the manual or check all the options on? Crazy that he gets mentioned so often on forums all over the interwebs. Here is a link to the comparison chart in his d800 review that I...
  8. @!ex

Awesome use of DOF preview button on 5dmk3

Ok, so I don't really use the DOF preview button much, because I am A) shooting wide open, so what you see is what you get, B) stop down a bit and am not too critical of the DOF as in most of these cases I can just recompose if need be. I just realized that in the custom button function...
  9. @!ex

Help me test large aperture Prime AF accuracy

So I have a the new 5dmk3 and a 50mm 1.2L. I have been trying to get the micro adjustment on the lens just right, but but I figured out why it had been a bit confusing up to this point. If I use the center point (or any AF point within the metering ring) I get spot on tack sharp AF on like 90%...
  10. @!ex

A thought about 5dMK3 "softness"

I'm new to canon and along with my new 5Dmk3 I am also breaking in some awesome new L glass. I will agree that I was a bit disappointed with what seemed to be soft images at first, but I quickly realized that the focus was a bit off on both lenses. I just did a little micro adjust and it made...
  11. @!ex

Just a street portrait 5Dkm3 and 50mm 1.2 L

I am just getting into portrait, street shooting and using Canon and a full frame with a 50mm 1.2. You only have one chance at a shot like this on the street. I met this graffiti artist yesterday and lets just say he wasn't going to stand still for a portrait for more than one shot. example...
  12. @!ex

I don’t think the D800 is a general purpose tool. A real world review.

I'm loving my 5dmk3 and my new L lenses, but for those of you still drooling over the d800 (not that it matters because a camera itself can't take creative interesting photos), check out this real world review, very interesting...
  13. @!ex

5Dmk3 in camera lens aberration correction samples

Just a couple of test shots I just did to see the new to canon in camera lens aberration correction. Shot wide open in almost darkness (JPEG in camera NR off) with my 50mm 1.2. The nice thing is that there is the option to enable peripheral illumination (which is what I was turning on and off...
  14. @!ex

Question about displaying ISO info in 5dmkiii

Wondering if there is anyway to get the ISO info in playback mode. If I hit the INFO button once (while in playback) I get most of the relevant info, such as shutter speed and aperture, but instead of also giving ISO info it tells me the shot number. If I hit info again I get the whole...
  15. @!ex

Comparometer! 5D mkiii vs your current camera

I have been lurking for quite a while on this forum and DP. I will say that the situation in these forums has reminded me of a similar situation brewing in my home town of Denver since the news of us getting Peyton Manning. Tebow fans have become completely irrational to the point of losing...