Search results

1. N

RF Lens Rumors-RF 135mm

Has there been on any updates on an RF 135mm f1.4L?
  2. N

Affordable Wildlife Photo Lenses

Hello I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for a zoom lens that was up to 600mm for an R5. I have the EF 100-400 II but would like some additional reach for birds and other more rapidly moving wildlife. I didnt really see an advantage on the RF 100-500 with an f7.1 so I was trying...
  3. N

R1 Camera

Does anyone have an other rumors about a 1D mirrorless equivalent? There was an old rumor about 1Q of 2021 announcement but I've not heard anything else. With the Olympics post-poned to 2021, does this seem like a possibility? Yes I realize that the R5 and R6 have just come out. Anything...
  4. N

EF vs RF 70-200 f2.8L

Hello I was wondering what people's experience with the EF II/III vs RF 70-200 F2.8L especially on the newer R5 body. Is the AF any better in the RF? Any noticeable IS difference? I already have the EF II version, but with my R5 wondering if it is worth the upgrade or not. I dont care about the...
  5. N

EF II/III vs RF 70-200 f2.8L

Hello I was wondering what people's experience with the EF vs RF 70-200 F2.8L especially on the newer R5 body. Is the AF any better in the RF? Any noticeable IS difference? I already have the EF II version, but with my R5 wondering if it is worth the upgrade or not. I dont care about the...
  6. N

RF 28-70 F2L vs RF 24-70 F2.8L IS vs EF 24-70 II

Hello I currently own the EF 24-70 II. For you that own the new RF zooms, are they worth the upgrade for IQ quality and focus speed? I shoot a variety of settings, but this would be sport sidelines (cheerleaders or bands or players BB or Football) or event (concert) or work occasional outdoor...
  7. N

Canon 1DX3 DxO Scores

I am not an expert in how to interpret DxO scores. Does anyone know why the 1DX3 would score less than the 1DX2 (83 vs 88)? And even lower than the a9ii (93) and a7RIV (99)? I don't see how this makes sense.
  8. N

Canon EF 85mm f1.4L IS vs Canon EF f1.8

I've seen lots of comparisons from Sigma, Tamron and the Canon f1.2L but nothing noting how the new Canon 1.4 L compares to the 1.8. Obviously the IS and slight f stop difference but what about CA, vingetting and sharpness? Anyone have both lenses?
  9. N

What is a focusing screen??

I sent in my camera to Canon service center as my 24-70 F2.8 II seemed to have erratic autofocus being soft in some instances. My other L's were perfectly fine. The 24-70 seemed to be ok then not with no particular lighting or situation I could Id. I tried micro adjustments and still didnt...
  10. N

Nisi filter system

Hello I was hoping to get some insights on the Nisi V Filter system. It has the polarizer built to fit close to the lens and comes with a wide selection of adapter rings. Is the polarizer with the filter warmer like the Lee landscape or more Neutral? I've read it is difficult to put drop...
  11. N

Sharpness

I wanted to ask the group their thoughts on sharpness with Canon 5DIII. I notice it most strongly with my 24-70mm 2.8 II in low light and at 70 mm. Some with other lenses with low light or contrast. I've tried live view focus that helps some. ISOs aren't maxed out generally above 1000-5600...
  12. N

Breakthrough Filters

Does anyone here use Breakthrough ND or Polarizing filters? Are they stackable? Can you use them with other filter systems like Formatt Hitech? Thank you, Collin
  13. N

What is everyone's experiences on graduated ND filters?

I am looking into purchasing some graduated ND filters and it seems like there is quite a variety out there with significant cost differences. I've read about the color changes etc. I wanted to see if there was anyone actually using the various filters that may give their experience. I would...
  14. N

Canon 7D II

I have a 5D Mark III and wanted to get input on the 7D Mark II as a second body. Besides the focal length and fps, are there any other reasons to consider this as a second body? Are there situations you use one more so than the other? Thank you!
  15. N

Two cameras??

I currently have a 5D Mark III. I shoot mostly kids activities/sports and landscapes. For those of you who shoot with two bodies, do you see significant advantages to having a crop sensor camera like the 7D Mark II as a second camera? I miss the focal length difference but are there any...
  16. N

5D Mark III sharpness or focus lock

I notice when I am shooting with my 5D Mark III, that it lacks sharpness at times. I am not sure if it is where it is locking (location of the object front vs back object, but it seems to persist even when I open the f stop to increase the depth of field). When I focus manually I can get a...