Search results

1. S

Canon M50 low light focus assist

I have looked through old posts, and it appears the original M could not use the focus assist lights built into the Canon flashes. I recently purchased an M50, and am trying to improve the low light focus. I have tried attaching a Canon ST-E2 and a yongnuo yn-e3-rt ll. Neither transmitter seems...
  2. S

ST-E3_RT and Canon 1Dmk4

I recently purchased a Canon ST-E3-RT, and I have two questions about using it with my old 1Dmk4 1. The ST-E3-RT manual says I should cut back the sync speed on the 1D4, and that there is NO high speed sync on the 1D4, but when I try the ST-E3-RT and a remote 600ex2 with the 1D4, it seems to...
  3. S

ST-E2 Focus assist beam issues

I have an ST-E2 which works fine as a focus assist beam on my 70D I recently purchased an old 1Dsiii. I cannot get the ST-E2 focus assist beam to work on this camera. BOTH cameras are set to One Shot, (NOT servo), center AF point , evaluative metering. BOTH have the assist beam enabled in the...
  4. S

Lens aberration correction files

I recently downloaded from the Canon website the current version of the lens aberration correction files into my EOS utility program. Question- not all my lenses seem to have correction files. Is this because these lenses do not need correction? These are the lenses which do not have...
  5. S

Canon 135L f2.0 focus problem

I just received a Canon 135L 2.0 The lens was purchased used, and was built in 2013. My issue is that the autofocus seems VERY slow, and often has a difficult time focusing on close objects. Yes, I do have the focus distance switch set to the .9m to infinity position. Lens looks beautiful with...
  6. S

Camera serial number and exif serial don't match

I recently purchased a used Canon body. The serial number on the bottom of the camera, which appears to be original, and the exif data for the camera serial number from the photos taken by the camera do not match- not even close!! Any ideas on why? Is this common? My other Canon body does not...