Search results

1. Macoose

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you shire_guy. Your Kookaburra is very nice!
  2. Macoose

Show your Bird Portraits

I thought I'd finally post something in this thread. A Sand Hill Crane from this morning.
  3. Macoose

Opinion: Canon’s mounting woes

Snappy, Have you tried disabling IBIS when there is no lens attached? I don't know if it would make a difference, but it is possible.
  4. Macoose

Mt. Etna, Sicily

Very Nice. I like the last one the most.
  5. Macoose

Are two cameras going to replace the Canon EOS R5? [CR]

Me too! I don't want to be without it now.
  6. Macoose

R5: custom Program mode per lens?

You might try saving your settings to a SD card and then installing them from the card when you use the lens. See "Save/Load Settings on Card" in the manual.
  7. Macoose

EOS R7 - will there be an update that corrects autofocus issues?

Thanks for your response. Considering what one gets for 1500 US, the R7 is an impressive camera. It is well worth the money. I have no plans to purchase RF glass. I'm going to continue using my EF lenses. They work fine and are really all I need. I had never heard of Brent Hall before your...
  8. Macoose

EOS R7 - will there be an update that corrects autofocus issues?

I bought a R7 and have used it for about three weeks. So far I've not had any problems with the auto focus. Just like the R5, it sometimes doesn't see a small bird against a busy background or behind twigs and leaves, but depending on the situation, that can be solved by setting the AF-On...
  9. Macoose

Hands-on with the Canon EOS R7

I think that after looking at the spec sheet, and considering what you can get for $1500.00 US, the R7 is starting to look like a bargain. I'm happy with the Af system and that it has the Af Cases which one can adjust if needed. For me, a 32.5 mp sensor hits a sweet spot. I'd like to know if...
  10. Macoose

Thanks Alan! I answered your question before I started looking at the other threads. I thought you meant that you wanted to be able to choose a specific Fps like on the 7D2 or the 1DX3. I always liked 8 fps for my 7D2 instead of 10 on the fast setting.
  11. Macoose

I downloaded the spec sheet this morning from Canon USA and the Drive System is on page 9 and it reads much like the page from the R5. It doesn't say anything about the fps being user adjustable.
  12. Macoose

Canon China Teases ‘New Companion’ Coming Feb 24

Since there is so much speculation going on, it may not have anything to do with cameras. Could Canon be entering the Chinese cell phone market?
  13. Macoose

Issue with CF express reading using LEXAR CF card reader

If you are still using ImageBrowser, it probably does not recognize Cr3 raw files. Try shooting a few jpgs and see if it will recognize those files. I still have ZoomBrowser installed and it does not see Cr3 files. ZB does see jpgs on a Cf Express. Because both programs are so old, I doubt...
  14. Macoose

Show your Bird Portraits

Alan, Thank you for the info. I'll check it out.
  15. Macoose

Show your Bird Portraits

I found the quote on Canon's website and passed it along. Take from it what you will.
  16. Macoose

Show your Bird Portraits

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/explore/product-showcases/cameras-and-lenses/eos-r5 Canon USA says that the "EOS R5’s IBIS will work in combination with Optical Image Stabilization found in many Canon RF and EF lenses."
  17. Macoose

Patent: Canon shows off a new approach to the modern shutter button

Wait a minute! The picture shows a dslr body of either a 5D type body or a 7D type. Canon doesn't make those any more. It's all mirrorless. This is obviously an old idea that surfaced today.
  18. Macoose

Show your Bird Portraits

Circle B Bar Reserve in Lakeland, Fl is very good in the fall through late spring. Unfortunately, They close roughly half of the park in the summer for alligator mating season.
  19. Macoose

Show your Bird Portraits

Beautiful photo.
  20. Macoose

Black & White

Bankstatement! Good CD but then again, I'm just a Throwback! I like the photo. Macoose