Search results

1. L

Patent: Canon RF 135mm f/1.4L DS USM optical formula

yep! all discussions on this topic is difficult because differences is hard to measure, and it seems to be a subjective element to it. No doubt about that. yes, the RF50L is really good in terms of “3D rendering” but in that regard, I dont think it beats the EF50L. There are many problems with...
  2. L

I agree - a side by side comparison would be much more helpful. From my own experience though, I prefer images from my 35L, ower the 35LII, because of the 3D-effect I see in the 35L Images. The 35LII isn’t bad, as the Sigma 50ART is, but its not great. And with regards to old vs modern...
  3. L

see my comment above, and also this article: https://petapixel.com/2016/03/14/problem-modern-lenses/
  4. L

This is a mine field debating, and many people deny it or are unable to see it. But after 5 or 6 years being aware of this issue, I still think there are significant differences between the look of lenses, and I still cant stand the Sigma 50ART. I believe the “sticker look” vs...
  5. L

1DX Mark IV

I own a 1DX III, and I like it far better in use, than the 1DX II, 5DIV and R5. It is so good, that I don’t believe I will miss a 1DX IV for many years.
  6. L

Canon officially announces the RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM

The size and weight is really appealing to me. One feature that is easy to overlook is the minimum focus distance of 20cm, which is the same as the EF14mm f2.8 L. When shooting wide, going very close to your subject can make the image much more interesting (fill the frame). The difference in...
  7. L

Patent: Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM as well as an RF 24mm f/1.2L USM and RF 28mm f/1.2L USM

I just realized, the RF 70-200 f2.8L IS is 146mm long, which is about on par with the 24 and 28 patents, and 9mm smaller than the 35 f1.2 patent. If the final releases lenses are that big, it will most likely be a deal breaker on my part.
  8. L

Patent: Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM as well as an RF 24mm f/1.2L USM and RF 28mm f/1.2L USM

These lenses will be 4cm longer than the already large RF50L. I don’t like it at all. I would much rather have a smaller 500grams f1.4 lens with “normal” L quality, than a big 1kg f1.2 lens with RF 50L quality. Some will think otherwise but for me, the difference in IQ is most apparent for pixel...
  9. L

2nd body, conflicted 5DS vs 5D4

You know which camera you want. Issue solved. :)
  10. L

2nd body, conflicted 5DS vs 5D4

I would go for the 5DIV: 1. Dual pixel AF makes the camera much more versatile if viewfinder shooting is difficult. Face tracking makes shooting at large apertures easier. 2. Dynamic range. 3. ISO 4. GPS and Wifi 5.smaller and more manageable files for editing and storage. 30 megapixels are...
  11. L

Using Fast Manual Focus Lenses on the 5D4

Yep, Ruined is correct. Installing EG-S on the 6D is easy. Just be careful, as the focusing screen is surprisingly fragile and can take damage even by touching it. Looking it up on YouTube is a good idea.
  12. L

Using Fast Manual Focus Lenses on the 5D4

I own a set of Zeiss prime lenses. My solution is to have a dedicated 6D with an EG-S focusing screen. I also own a 1DX (high shuttercount that I got very cheap), which I often use for the same purpose. The 6D is quite good, but not as good as the original 1DX, which has a fantastic standard...
  13. L

Patent: Canon RF 28mm f/1.4L USM and Canon RF 35 f/1.4L USM

My first reaction as well. As much as I appreciate the RF lenses, I do envy Sony for the small but still very good 24 and 35 f1.4 GM lenses. I thought the larger RF lens mount would benefit Canon in both size and quality. Maybe I am wrong.
  14. L

New 1DX Mark II Owner - Is This Dirty Sensor Normal?

This seems worse than what I am used to, but it is hard to compare, as the spots are enhanced in editing, and the image is probably shot at a small aperture. Shooting at larger apertures will rarely reveal the spots. In every day use, I am not bothered much by a dirty 1D sensor. But yes, it...
  15. L

Canon EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM vs RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM

I own both. I think the RF 24-70 is better overall than the EF 24-70 II. Sharper, better AF and more “character” than the EF version. Most noticeable for me is that the RF lens lacks serious weak points at various focal lengths. It is acceptably sharp (but not flawless) across the focal plane at...
  16. L

Patent: Full-Frame fixed lens camera

Why would you buy a full frame surveillance camera with a slow lens like this? I could see myself wanting a small FF camera with a small and slow lens, for hiking and certain travel and daytime photography, but the market for such a camera is probably quite limited.
  17. L

EOS R5 Freeze /lock up issues

I’ve had Error 70 on a R6, and now with a R5, that I received today (after returning the R6). The issue is similar on both. I connect the camera with Bluetooth, with my iPhone. When I try to shoot remotely, the camera freezes up. Sometimes I can turn it off. Other times I need to pull the...
  18. L

This is the possible Canon RF mount camera roadmap [CR2]

One thing that speaks against the 1DXR type body coming in 2021, is that the Olympics wasn’t planned to be in 2021. Given the expected development time for such a camera, it seems more likely to be ready for the winter olympics in 2022...
  19. L

Do you need an RF portrait lens on a budget? Consider the Samyang AF 85mm f/1.4

I would like to point out that the cons you mention to a much larger degree apply to the Canon 85L options. I own all the Canon EF and RF 85 options, as well as the Tamron 85 f1.8. I think the Tamron is a stellar performer, apart from its AF, which is just about acceptable. The RF 85 f1.2 is...
  20. L

Adorama puts an expected arrival date on the Canon EOS R5 body

I gave up waiting for the R5’s and bought the R6... I will make up my mind about getting the R5’s after gaining some experience with the R6...