Search results

1. K

What’s going on with Canon Speedlites?

You have a point here, my camera store says they sell very very FEW (edited) branded flashes, mostly Godox or Profoto. While I have huge issues with the RT features of Canon, the 600 ver 2 with an 8 battery power pack as on on camera flash is amazingly good!
  2. K

Canon adds ST-E3-RT Version 3 transmitter

Thanks! I wish I had gone Godox from day one. I use several Canon 600 ver 2 RT and 1 430 RT and Yonguo 600 flashes. They work together but they all glitch. Today I had 4 flashes going and they were flawless, until I shut them down. Booting them back up was a nightmare. I sort of laughed at...
  3. K

Canon adds ST-E3-RT Version 3 transmitter

I have 7 radio flashes, my Godox could not fire them without a godox receiver at the base, was I doing something wrong? I sold my Godox and my pocket wizard flex (crap) and use the RT 2 on the R5 and the ST on the R6 and I still use old pocket wizard hard wired in tough spots. As someone else...
  4. K

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

yes, I am aware. but that is my dream and hope, a lens between the pancakes and the 1.2 stuff that should be shipped with a sherpa.
  5. K

Nikon has a 1.8 AND a 1.4. Please Canon, bring some bread and butter primes and catch up to the S word and Nikon.
  6. K

:LOL: for decades we only had 400 asa film and we all had f2 glass and were fine, Nikon, Canon and Leica made their names with f2. They are great carry around/travel/news lenses. I have the 28 pancake, not bad, but I will give it to my daughter in a nanosecond and replace it with a solid F2 or...
  7. K

pleeaassseee! A 28 1.8 that fits in a jacket pocket!!
  8. K

Canon RF 24-105 F2.8L IS USM Z Previews / Reviews

I have been using this lens a lot, most of the assignments shot mean I can not post images here, but I have come to LOVE this lens! I am quick to crap on Canon for not having 28/50/85 f2 small primes but jesus they nailed this lens!! I am not sure I would ever use the iris ring. I have set the...
  9. K

Thank you @shadowsports I have not had time to shoot, other than running out to the market to get food for a dinner with friends. I shot the party but I am not posting those pix. This image is at 3200, 2.8 at 105mm on the R6 2 I actually prefer the R6 2 over my R5 for high iso. The lens does...
  10. K

Mine arrived today. I have not been able to shoot more than a few people enjoying an end of year cocktail party at my local shop, Camtec Photo in Montreal, but. Wow, so far very impressed. I am quick to shit on Canon for not having a 50 1.4, an 85 1.8 non macro and a 28 f2, and I will no doubt...
  11. K

Canon is actively conducting market research on a “retro” style camera body

can they do some market research on having a 50 1.4? :oops:
  12. K

Is it finally happening? Canon RF 50mm f/1.4 USM [CR1]

laughing all the way to the bank, and laughing at us because we are still dedicated canon users, despite their choices. Tonight I have to shoot a TV awards ceremony, and while I will not love the glass I will using, I know the files will be great right out of the gate.
  13. K

As someone who started to switch to Sony, stopped and went back to Canon, you are spot on. But Canon should be covering the basics.
  14. K

Maybe Canon is still embarrassed, 30 years later, at how bad that 50 1.4 was and are afraid to make another. The QC on that lens was garbage. my 50 STM is better than both the 1.4 EF I had then sold after being disappointed. Let Sigma make one if you can not step up to the plate and redesign...
  15. K

Canon announcements coming in late September [CR1]

I feel the same way, optically it is a great lens, the second an alternative is out, this lens is gone due to autofocus and my non macro needs. I forgot to pack my EF 85 1.8 to shoot 30 head shots a few weeks ago, the RF is always in the trunk safe, I shot with that but I had to soften all the...
  16. K

:LOL::LOL: I have had people say things like, why don't you get a real lens for that camera, because I use the 50 1.8 often. I have tried the 50 1.2, great lens, but I am not carrying that thing 10/12 hours a day! ‍♂️
  17. K

I picked up the 28 pancake as a walk around lens to hold me over, reasonable pleased actually. I do not want a 28 1.4, for christ sake Canon, we lived very with f2 primes for a bazillon years, we do not need everything in 1.2 or 1.4 F2 is a sweet spot.
  18. K

that is a macro as someone who bought the 85 f2 one day one, I can tell the autofocus in the streets is a dog, a specialty lens is a specialty lens and not a street lens.
  19. K

the only 1.4 I want is a 50, 28mm and 85mm give an F2 and I would be happy, No 1.2 unless the come with a sherpa.