Search results

1. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks EricN! Adorable, high up in the tree ;)
  2. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you, Click
  3. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

Some typical winter birds for Eastern Canada: Black-capped chickadee, American tree sparrow, Barred owl, Pileated woodpecker Still no R72 anywhere in sight, sticking to old good 7D2+100-400L+1.4x.
  4. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

Usually very secretive bird... There are some presently unoccupied bluebird birdhouses nearby. But houses in the back all have bird friendly roofs.
  5. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

It was balmy -4°C when this photo was taken. But it was -18°C this morning, and the bird was reported as present. Hoping it will manage to stay warm :)
  6. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

An unusual guest (during this blustery cold season): Yellow-breasted Chat (Icteria virens). Should be somewhere in Central America and not here in St. Lawrence valley (southern Quebec). Old good 7D2 + 100-400L II + 1.4x III
  7. ISO64

Birding in Turkey/Istanbul

I can recommend https://ebird.org/hotspots as a starting point. Just navigate the map until you zoom onto the region you are willing to cover. Closer the colour to red, more species have been seen there. Select "Bar charts" for birds most likely to be there. This plus weather forecast at least...
  8. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

Jeremy, I'll have to start using duct tape to strap my jaw while looking at your photos! Cheaper than visits to MF surgeons ;) Wonderful photos, razor sharp and perfectly exposed. Thx for the link.
  9. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

What a nice pose, ballerina takes a bow ;) Welcome to long running forum!
  10. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

Acorn WP is just fabulously well captured!
  11. ISO64

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

K&K (kestrel and kite) are excellent shots!
  12. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

Great shot, one of the most elusive birds! Never seen it at eye level, only way up in the sky, after sunset...
  13. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks Click. It surely does.
  14. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

Woodchat Shrike (Lanius senator), in a beautiful pose on a freshly blossomed tamarisk bush, taken in mid-April in Thessaloniki, Greece. My old, good 7D2 with 100-400 L + 1.4X III.
  15. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

Maximilian, the defaults for DPP depend on the style selected, e.g. Standard, Portrait, Landscape, etc. Each of styles selected, either in camera or later in PP, has its own set of default parameters for sharpness, contrast, saturation, colour tone. So, you can override the camera settings and...
  16. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you Maximilian!
  17. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you macrunning!
  18. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks josephandrews222!
  19. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

That elusive Brown Creeper (Eastern, Certhia americana) was finally in full sun and on the right side of the trunk. Just for fun, during PP, measured RGB values of its feathers against the tree bark and the results beat my screen colour calibration gizmo. Therefore, bugs hiding in STOP signs are...
  20. ISO64

Show your Bird Portraits

White-throat dipper, right? I remember seeing it for the first time, it launched into flight from ice-cold mountain creek!