Search results

1. The Supplanter

Major Canon announcements coming in June & July [CR3]

As excited as I am for the R5, I will hold out to see if a stills version will come to fruition.
  2. The Supplanter

As many as 7 new RF lenses coming in 2019 [CR2]

I tend to share your sentiments. This rumored 85, a nice UWA zoom (wider than 16mm), and a 40 would make a decent, light, and simple hobbyist kit.
  3. The Supplanter

Do you use 4K video?

That's the key. I want that choice too, and I think many consumers do. Oh, I long for that day, but we know it is not coming. :cautious:
  4. The Supplanter

Do you use 4K video?

So true about that!
  5. The Supplanter

Lots of New mirrorless and DSLR cameras in the pipeline

Right on, sir. I just can't do it right now. I'm willing to pay more for extra features that are absent from the R, chiefly IBIS. But will the next release have IBIS???
  6. The Supplanter

Preorder: You can now preorder the Canon EOS R system and other new Canon gear

I'm in the same boat. So tempted.... I also had one in my cart. Just couldn't pull the trigger though. Maybe I should since this would replace my aging 70D. IF I buy one, I'm getting the control ring adapter for no reason other than I can.
  7. The Supplanter

What lenses are coming next for the Canon RF mount?

Yes! I'm looking forward to more primes with this new system. Can only imagine they will be spectacular.
  8. The Supplanter

What lenses are coming next for the Canon RF mount?

Would love to see: 1. 14-30mm f/4 IS (Nikon's future UWA seems intriguing) 2. 40mm f/2 IS (just make it small - doesn't have to be a pancake) 3. 135mm f/2 IS
  9. The Supplanter

Photo only camera

I absolutely want a FF mirrorless or DSLR photo-only camera. I've never shot video on a camera, and only once on any of my cell phones. Don't need video, don't want video.
  10. The Supplanter

How young is everyone?

Miss dolina has a history of creating some ridiculous posts. Not sure why.
  11. The Supplanter

Canon EOS 5DS R Mark II Talk [CR2]

I was thinking the same thing. I would love to see a great performing FF with the Vari-angle Touch Screen LCD.
  12. The Supplanter

Updated Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS Specifcations

I'm pretty sure no one on this forum cares that you use Sony, or what your son looks like. Absolutely no one. This topic is about the upcoming 85mm lens from Canon - not about your Sony equipment, nor your son.
  13. The Supplanter

5DSR II?

By the way, j-nord, your portfolio is quite beautiful. Nice work!
  14. The Supplanter

5DSR II?

I realize it's a fair question, and I know that question has been asked before. j-nord's post indicates that he's hopeful Canon's next full-frame camera will not be a disappointment, and/or that he's hopeful it will come out sooner than expected.
  15. The Supplanter

5DSR II?

I think j-nord is just being hopeful. There are a lot of hopefuls out there in the Canon world right now.
  16. The Supplanter

Some Minor Canon Lens Announcement Clarification

Considering this patent is over 3 years old, I'm really hoping for that 100mm f/2 IS lens. Released in 1991, it is long overdue. Would be a wonderful candid street photography lens.
  17. The Supplanter

Three Canon Lens Masters Pick Their Favourite Lenses

Yes! The 40mm 2.8 is my favorite as well.
  18. The Supplanter

Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 M IS STM Coming April 5, 2017 [CR3]

Re: Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 M IS STM Coming April 5, 2017 Well, glad I'm switching to full frame as soon as the 6DII comes out.
  19. The Supplanter

Tamron Announces the 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD

@mitchel2002 - You'll have to ignore Miss Negative Nini's posts. All she complains about is price. Considering this expensive profession/hobby, I just don't get it. I've been trying to encourage her to find a new hobby.
  20. The Supplanter

6DII price tag and MP count rumor

I beg Canon to make this thing with a fully articulating screen like the 70D. I'll be first to pre-order if they do.