Search results

1. BrightTiger

Patent: IBIS appears in EOS M and PowerShot cameras

This has been addressed and covered by DPReview when they reviewed the 90D and M6II in Atlanta at the Canon release event. Canon told DPReview the M6II is the replacement to the M5 and M6. Done and done. As I correctly surmised when the 90D specs began leaking, the M5II (circa 2019) simply had...
  2. BrightTiger

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

It's been great and delivered in spades on the vacation we just had!
  3. BrightTiger

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

Another Kodak moment: Indecisiveness to move boldly into the future of the marketplace. They had the spirit in the early 2000s, but they have seemed to have lost their way. It is the primary reason I have finally migrated to Sony in the last month. I want a company firmly fixed on the present...
  4. BrightTiger

Canon will release the EOS Ra astrophotography camera

DPReview categorically states that the M6II is officially the replacement: DPReview TV: Canon EOS M6 Mark II Review Mind you that DPReview made the video at the Canon event here in Atlanta. Which is a pretty dirty pool to have them make an announcement that Canon should have made themselves. We...
  5. BrightTiger

Patent: Canon RF mount modular CINE camera appears in drawings

In related news, Ricoh, Canon and others will be offering the ultimate in modular cameras by providing individual components that consumers can build their own bespoke unit*. Proposed modular components * Some assembly required. Not for children under 3 due to choking hazards.
  6. BrightTiger

Given they merged the M5 and 6 lines, M5 owners and potentially owners are quite exasperated. Great that the M6 suits you, but the general audience takes a jaundiced view at the overall situation. As for DR. The initial reports show an imperceptible increase (something like 0.002) from the 90d...
  7. BrightTiger

I wish the same could be applied to an M6II with integrated EVF, or dual card slots in anything, or higher DR, or 24fps in video, or...
  8. BrightTiger

which are going to be quickly outdated with higher res sensors.
  9. BrightTiger

Canon to announce EOS-1D X equivalent EOS R system camera in 2021?

OMG...Canon is turning in Kodak. Heck, Canon, why not just add a Polaroid module. Or bellows adapter from the 1880s. Or does Casey of Camera Conspiracies have blackmail photos of you and making create content material for him? Or do you hate Dave McKeegan enough to burst an artery in his...
  10. BrightTiger

Our favourite hands-on preview of the Canon EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

Take the splinter out of your eye my brother. He's made his bread shooting DSLRs. You may not respect his opinion on OVFs but he deserves respect from his career. Also note that he is FAR from alone on this point. Maybe you may not like the trend - to each their own - but mirrorless nd EVF...
  11. BrightTiger

Why has Canon omitted 24p 4K recording in their new cameras such as the EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D and EOS RP?

A quick look up shows this - a bit outdated but it makes the license issue a non-starter. Canon is simply forcing consumers upmarket. Under the terms in place for 2011-2015, the royalty rates are the same regardless of whether a product is part of an OS. There's no royalty for the first 100,000...
  12. BrightTiger

Canon officially announces the RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS STM

Bless you heart*. The purpose of this lens is vastly different than a fixed 50mm/85mm/ anything else. So, whatever (#12). * Southern meaning #19 = Midwestern "That's nice" meaning #5 = SoCal "Whatever" meaning #12.
  13. BrightTiger

The RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS is coming soon

This is an RF, not EF lens. Also, the 24mm end provides a view bordering on ultra wide angle (by definition), while the 35mm is standard view at best. For an everyday or travel lens, this is a huge benefit.
  14. BrightTiger

Three new RF prime lenses coming in early 2020 [CR2]

Agreed. Maybe not dead but pretty much low priority. The whole MILC/FF movement by the big boys is to sell a bit fewer but far more profitable higher end equipment that smartphones cannot immediately threaten. Canon somewhat went rogue with the low-cost RP body but I don't expect much give on...
  15. BrightTiger

Canon registers a 32.5mp APS-C DSLR in Taiwan

Actually I do - you just don't seem to appreciate the validity of different perspectives. But I can see your love for Szarkowski as he developed a reputation for being autocratic. To paraphrase Szarkowski , "The failure of photography fanaticism in the face of the tsunami of videography stemmed...
  16. BrightTiger

It used to until I took that pause and looked at the mechanics. Video is nothing more than a series of stills. Why this is upsetting is beyond me. Well, not really once you factor human emotion. We need - indeed, crave - attention. We're special. What we do is special. But reality says...
  17. BrightTiger

Cameras and videos have long since been converging. There is little reason to separate them as video technology grows. Stills will be nothing more than a frame from video. Heck the Olympus OM-D E-M5 II spits out 60 fps. My Pixel 2 XL spits out motion pix. Select a frame, done. The divide...
  18. BrightTiger

Canon EOS 90D Specification List [CR1]

I don't disagree on having more AF points. I went to the M5 rather than the 80D and haven;t looked back. And I certainly am not going back to the future with the 90D. But disaster it's not. There's Sony. I'll see what the M5 II has but we all already know it's the Sony A7III with an MC11...