Search results

1. nemtom

A minor Canon EOS R6 Mark II firmware update is coming soon

For the sake of completeness, the R5 also works with the XP 14mm (which is not full manual, as it has electronic aperture).
  2. nemtom

It’s time to fill those memory cards. Canon releases firmware v1.8.1 for the Canon EOS R5. 400mp stills are now possible

I am as well There's where I think you're wrong. I believe Canon is lagging behind selling those super sharp RF L series lenses. Adding extra resolution to the camera might turn some photographers to swap their trustworthy EF L lenses with those newer alternatives. At least I think this was...
  3. nemtom

Canon is gearing up to finally release a high megapixel camera with 100+ megapixels [CR3]

The only problem is that with that small pixels you would be already diffraction limited using the 600/4 wide open. Maybe with the 400/2.8 it would be alright, but that is a tiny bit short for birding (at least in Europe, where birds are not that tame).
  4. nemtom

The Canon RF 800mm f/5.6L IS and Canon RF 1200mm f/8L IS will be available starting May 26, 2022

I can agree that these are stupid prices, but let me mention that I managed to put my hands on them a few weeks back for a few minutes, and they are quite handholdable - though I'll most certainly buy a 600/4 when the time comes, and extend with a TC if needed.
  5. nemtom

Firmware: Canon releases v1.4.0 for the Canon EOS R5

- ES shorter than 1/8000 and longer than 1/2 seconds - Focus stacking with mechanical shutter modes (so flash could be used) - Vibration detection based shutter delay - Adjustable FPS for high speed - Better multi expo (similar to the frame averaging implemented in Phase One IQ4) - Custom aspect...
  6. nemtom

The Canon EOS R5 will begin shipping before the Summer Olympics

According to the current article they said that they would ship it before the Summer Games. Who would bet his life that there will be an Olympics in Tokyo in 2020.
  7. nemtom

Introducing The Canon Rumors Swag Emporium

Is that 'SWAG' due to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_wild-ass_guess ? :)
  8. nemtom

Patent: Anti static coating for RF lenses

Or a film camera, where the issue is minimal.
  9. nemtom

Google Pixel 2 Reviewed: Sets New Record for Overall Smartphone Camera Quality

I don't think that the the scale is the same for mobile and for dedicated cameras. Probably that's why do they have two separate list...
  10. nemtom

Sigma To Offer Installation of Rear Filter Holder for 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens

Just wait for Aurora Aperture to get one of these replacement. I predict that they will come up with a replacement holder which could take their glass ND filter (and maybe custom cut light pollution filter as well). /note: I cannot wait for them to ship my set of rear filters, and a filter...
  11. nemtom

More Astrophotography With the Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens

The 13sec sample is a made by using a low pass filter (meaning that each video frame is a windowed average of multiple exposures). It is clearly visible at the beginning of the scene, where the trails are growing. To figure out how much is the pause between the exposures, one can use the same...
  12. nemtom

Review - Tamron 35mm f/1.8 Di VC USD

Just a sidenote: czj flektogon 35mm f/2.4 (a vintage manual m42 lens) has 1:2 max repro rate
  13. nemtom

Patent: Lens Tilt Shift Mount Adaptor

The sensor-lens distance is defined by the focal distance, no matter if it is an slr or an adapted mirrorless the lens picture plane is put on. Of course the shift wouldn't work with tight image circle, but tilt could work, if the shift can compensate that the lens is not rotating around the...
  14. nemtom

Canon Developing 8K Cinema EOS Camera, 120mp DSLR & 8K Display

Re: Canon Developing 8K Cinema EOS Camera, 120mp DSLR & 8K Display I don't say that oversampling will not produce better results than not oversampling the lens, but I would like to underline that if you look at this diagram ( http://tinyurl.com/pnjbhnr ), at some point the increase of the SSP...
  15. nemtom

Canon Developing 8K Cinema EOS Camera, 120mp DSLR & 8K Display

Re: Canon Developing 8K Cinema EOS Camera, 120mp DSLR & 8K Display All lenses being more than f/4 wouldn't be able to resolve that much even on a full frame sensor. That's the reason I don't understand why is this high sensor density is the new trend. With this density diffraction comes as a...