Search results

1. K

Deal: Canon EOS-1D C Body $3999 (Reg $4999)

if I may ask as a fellow 1DX2 owner: is the only difference the availability of C-LOG? Is the hardware the same?
  2. K

Profoto b1 2 light kit vs elinchrom elb400 2 light kit

I can help you there: the logistics manager and production manager rolling suitcases from think tank are very nice for this: https://www.thinktankphoto.com/collections/manager-series/products/production-manager-40...
  3. K

Black Magic EF mount URSA 4.6K camera

you did read the 10 minute part, right? NAB.
  4. K

Black Magic EF mount URSA 4.6K camera

I have had the Ursa Mini 4.6k in my hands for 10 minutes and have spoken extensively to Blackmagic folks. I also have shooting experience with Red Dragon, Arri Alexa and of course the 5D III. I think you mean the Ursa Mini. There are a bunch of differences between the Ursa Mini (there also is...
  5. K

its all about the 5DS, who is using the 5DR

really? I have a friend who has it and she keeps whining about the supposedly terrible noise in higher ISO ranges, going so far as to label it unusable beyond ISO 1600. she said it was much worse than her 5D MKIII.
  6. K

1Dx M2 Sensor Resolution - Back of envelop estimate

motion folks: can anyone help me with a comparison to i.e. Red Dragon or Warrior or C300? struggling to grasp just how big the difference is. I have worked with Dragon footage and own a 5d mkiii and I am keenly aware of the difference in footage quality but I don't have the numbers.
  7. K

What Do You Want To See in the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV?

I have looked at it but ended up not buying it because I saw the 6D beginning to march in this direction and figured the next would definitely have it. I am not sure if the 5Ds has it as well now but I'm definitely expecting it for the 5D MKIV and 1DX MKII and will be disappointed if they omit it.
  8. K

Recommendions for an LCD monitor fitting 5D hot shoe?

Title says it all ... I would like to get an LCD monitor that fits the hot shoe of a 5D MKIII. 7" seems to be a good size, I have seen some that take Canon batteries, which is a plus. What do you use/like? Thanks.
  9. K

Advice needed: Things around buying an 600mm Canon lens

The Canon case it utter dogshite. They should have put soft foam inside instead of that horrible plastic, which doesn't protect the lens one bit. The extenders rattle in the little holes, which are presumably made for those very extenders they don't fit. The only reason to get the Canon case is...
  10. K

What Do You Want To See in the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV?

I don't quite see the issue with the sync speed anymore now that solutions like i.e. the Profoto B1 and B2 are around. 1/8000th is possible with those and if you need it for i.e. your wedding they are easy to rent if you don't want to purchase them. What I wonder is why on earth the author...
  11. K

EOS-1D X Mark II in Final Preproduction Form

yeah, I shoot with the 400mm f2.8 LII and I don't even like putting an x2 extender on that anymore unless I absolutely have to. people say a lot of nice things about the 200-400 but at f4 it was really something I struggled justifying. Someone else wrote 1/2000th was their cutoff for sports...
  12. K

would you want that lens? seems to me that at 600mm or even 1200mm it would be all but useless at shutter speeds slower than 1/300th to 1/600th. combine that with f5.6 and a whole lotta sports are in ISO ranges I am not comfortable with.
  13. K

intriguing, thank you. the three-light setups I am thinking about would all be shot in manual without TTL or HSS, so that's not a problem. really the reason I ask is that the 580ex II and two B1's are here and ready to go whereas a third B1 would have to be bought.
  14. K

oooooh... that explains everything. thank you.
  15. K

I have the B1 location kit (two strobes). The only downside is that I now want a third. Other than that, the units are rock solid. The batteries last long and charge quickly, nothing wiggles or seems otherwise cheap and 500W is plenty powerful for me. I love the 1/8000th max shutter speed, which...
  16. K

New ef 50mm 1.2 annoucement coming?

to all those who have called the Canon 1.2 soft and begun using replacements ... which ones do have AF (sorry, Zeiss) and are sharp? Is the Sigma worth checking out? Does it have AF? I'm getting ready to ebay my Canon off.
  17. K

anyone at Photokina? it started yesterday but I have heard no canon news from there, wonder when their presentation is. Perhaps we'll be getting the Mark II there. Would be a great place.